Triple monitors for arcade/sim driving games

dmoney1942

Are triple monitor setups for driving sims still relevant today. I was thinking of going in this direction since i play mostly driving and fps games. Is it more hassle than it worth for driving games. A GTX 1070 will be driving it. 

I'v used triple monitor setups in the past, and i must admit apart from vr, its about as immersive as you can get. So its up to you,  a 1070 will run 3 1080p 16:9 (Or if your crazy 3 21:9) monitors at 60fps no problem 

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

I'v used triple monitor setups in the past, and i must admit apart from vr, its about as immersive as you can get. So its up to you,  a 1070 will run 3 1080p 16:9 (Or if your crazy 3 21:9) monitors at 60fps no problem 

question is do driving games still support it. Dirt Rally and Euro Trucker 2 would look awesome in a triple monitor setup

Just now, dmoney1942 said:

question is do driving games still support it. Dirt Rally and Euro Trucker 2 would look awesome in a triple monitor setup

As linus said in his 8k monitor video, games are programmed to support basically any resolution you can think of. I know for a fact that dirty rally does, not sure about euro trucker 2 

1 minute ago, dmoney1942 said:

Dirt rally and euro truck 100% support

though scaling isn't gonna be the best since the new nvidia pascal multi projection thing isn't implemented by the dev's

Just now, Aytex said:

Dirt rally and euro truck 100% support

though scaling isn't gonna be the best since the new nvidia pascal multi projection thing isn't implemented by the dev's

Darn :|

been running multimonitors for ages

most driving and flight games support it

for fps games some do and some dont

some need a fix(there are fixers out there for many games and can link you some and actually the creators will look at unsupported game for a donation) or file tweak

right now I run 5760x1080@144hz with 2x1080p monitor above it

driven by 970sli and 650ti

I may have to lower setting or resolution down to 4800x900 at times but really no issues

and for bezels if you dont mind looking out a bay window you can get use to it

and  you can use bezel correction

I suggest for fps games dont use bezel correction cuz you might miss out on something  you cant see

for this you can overlap/tuck outer monitors behind center monitor to have just one monitors bezel only to worry about

if any other questions feel free to ask here or in pm

Triple monitors are worth it. Outside of the game, you will have much more real-estate for productive tasks.

Inside of the game, driving simulators / first person shooters are amazing on the three displays.

Dual monitor displays are not worth it for gaming in my opinion. Everyone I have seen using dual monitors end up playing on one monitor and having the second monitor display other random things. The bezels in the center of your view cause more issues than it's worth.

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

been running multimonitors for ages

most driving and flight games support it

for fps games some do and some dont

some need a fix(there are fixers out there for many games and can link you some and actually the creators will look at unsupported game for a donation) or file tweak

right now I run 5760x1080@144hz with 2x1080p monitor above it

driven by 970sli and 650ti

I may have to lower setting or resolution down to 4800x900 at times but really no issues

and for bezels if you dont mind looking out a bay window you can get use to it

and  you can use bezel correction

I suggest for fps games dont use bezel correction cuz you might miss out on something  you cant see

for this you can overlap/tuck outer monitors behind center monitor to have just one monitors bezel only to worry about

if any other questions feel free to ask here or in pm

I have a couple, would the GTX 1070 be able to power 3 1080p monitors for BF1 on high settings. Of course this will not be the only game I be playing. Novice question but if I have the center monitor as the main monitor, can games play on that monitor in full screen without going on the other screens. 

not sure on high settings dont have the game yet

and yes you can use one monitor also just by changing resolution in game this will keep other monitors black or turning off surround and other monitors can be used

but Ill say sometimes turning off and on surround can be odd, I believe there is a hotkey you can do to switch on and off

I just keep everything with surround on cuz I have 2 other monitors too if I need to view something