Vessel Refund

ShadowDeity

Hey guys, 

So in February I signed up for the Annual Vessel Payment. When it shut down yesterday I had an email saying my payment refund had been processed. 

However, I checked my bank account and it hasn't been refunded. . . . 

Has this happened to anyone else? 

Am I just getting ripped off now?   Because that'll be a sour note to end off on for Vessel. 

In addition, I can't contact them because the company doesn't exist anymore. 

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

Just now, ShadowDeity said:

Hey guys, 

So in February I signed up for the Annual Vessel Payment. When it shut down yesterday I had an email saying my payment refund had been processed. 

Am I just getting ripped off now?   Because that'll be a sour note to end off on for Vessel. 

it's processed, and the refund might take a while to go through - wait 1 or 2 days

If you're not aware, LMG is doing their own Early Access type thing and you might be able to talk with them to work something out.

@nicklmg

@LinusTech

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I got mine 3 days ago. I guess different banks operate differently and you'll most likely have to wait because there could be millions of other people waiting. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

5 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

If you're not aware, LMG is doing their own Early Access type thing and you might be able to talk with them to work something out.

@nicklmg

@LinusTech

5 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

I got mine 3 days ago. I guess different banks operate differently and you'll most likely have to wait because there could be millions of other people waiting. 

I do live in Canada, so it's possible that's why. 

I've watched the video/read the email already thanks! 

I don't they'd give me a discount and regardless it wouldn't feel right to me.  It'd mean they're losing money because of Verizon. The whole point is that I'd like to support them. 

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

1 minute ago, ShadowDeity said:

I don't they'd give me a discount and regardless it wouldn't feel right to me.  It'd mean they're losing money because of Verizon. The whole point is that I'd like to support them. 

Still, it's not something I would avoid asking about if they'd be willing to do something. Worst they'll say is no and you won't get a refund. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 hour ago, ShadowDeity said:

I've watched the video/read the email already thanks!

I have submitted my email but got no email from Linus Tech Tips yet. I was a paid Vessel member from day 1. I don't even care for a refund, I just want to watch the latest content. What was the content of the email you got? I checked my junk inbox and got nothing there...

1 hour ago, Darkangel86 said:

I have submitted my email but got no email from Linus Tech Tips yet. I was a paid Vessel member from day 1. I don't even care for a refund, I just want to watch the latest content. What was the content of the email you got? I checked my junk inbox and got nothing there...

Same man, also keen to pay to view

1 hour ago, Darkangel86 said:

35 minutes ago, Inf3cted_Worm said:

Same man, also keen to pay to view

3 hours ago, Nic said:

All sorted, I like that the sub is going straight to them now too. To be fair LMG was the only thing I watched on Vessel

4 hours ago, Inf3cted_Worm said:

To be fair LMG was the only thing I watched on Vessel

Haha me too. I was subscribed to all of Linus' channels on Vessel and that's about it.

I also loves the exclusive troll free comments section. Not to mention the black and slick UI of Vessel.

Thanks for the update!

15 hours ago, ShadowDeity said:

Hey guys, 

It could take up to 5 days to process if I'm not mistaken. If you haven't received it by next week please let me know and we'll see what we can do.

14 hours ago, Darkangel86 said:

We were rolling them out in waves yesterday to not screw over our mail server :) I believe you should have received it by now though?

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

It could take up to 5 days to process if I'm not mistaken. If you haven't received it by next week please let me know and we'll see what we can do.

We were rolling them out in waves yesterday to not screw over our mail server :) I believe you should have received it by now though?

Yes sir, I did! Paid for a year subscription and I'm all set! Thank you :)

On 11/2/2016 at 10:50 AM, nicklmg said:

Been over a week now, and I also have yet to receive a refund.

@nicklmg

UPDATE:  Just got notice that it has been received in my VISA account.

Edited by mmk

On 2/11/2016 at 6:50 PM, nicklmg said:

On 2/11/2016 at 4:38 AM, Darkangel86 said:

I didn´t received yet

18 hours ago, mmk said:

Been over a week now, and I also have yet to receive a refund.

@nicklmg

28 minutes ago, AgomezGZ said:

I didn´t received yet

Did you guys pay with PayPal? If so then your refund would appear in your PayPal account, not your bank account. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

17 minutes ago, Blade of Grass said:

Did you guys pay with PayPal? If so then your refund would appear in your PayPal account, not your bank account. 

Nope, MasterCard