What makes a good mouse and how DPI/CPI works explained by Logitech Engineer

ManOfDisguise

I know I already made a similar topic about DPI but I wanted to make a new one so I can adress this to more people.

This is by far the best and most usefull video about mouse DPI, how it works and what makes a good mouse.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

15 min long? is DPI really that hard, never wouldve geussed that... thx for posting

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Interesting video, maybe I'll learn something lol

I still have my mouse on 1100 DPI

Error: 410

15 min long? is DPI really that hard, never wouldve geussed that... thx for posting

its not only about DPI and trust me, its really worht it to watch the whole vid.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I kinda think my next mouse will be a Logitech one...

That convincing huh... to be honest so might be mine they just seem to think about stuff, and they have nice ergonomics too

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I kinda think my next mouse will be a Logitech one...

Hehe :)

Specs of my PC:

Francois is a super smart guy, and this is a very condensed version of his explanation of how sensors work.  He's familiar with pretty much every component that's been on the market for the last fifteen years or so, and has been a key contributor to the various customizations that have been made for Logitech G mice sensors over the years.  

Gaming mouse and racing wheel product manager for

Logitech G. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

Francois is a super smart guy, and this is a very condensed version of his explanation of how sensors work.  He's familiar with pretty much every component that's been on the market for the last fifteen years or so, and has been a key contributor to the various customizations that have been made for Logitech G mice sensors over the years.  

Are you an Industry Affiliate? :|

As in, do you work for/represent Logitech?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Yea...you from Logitech? you look to be :P

edit: oh ok cool good to know

Specs of my PC:

I am the product manager for Logitech's gaming mice and racing wheels, yes.

I guess now might be the best time to ask and I wanted to ask this a long time but didnt get many helpful answers. So I have this problem, my hands are too big and I can't palm any mouse Ive used so far. Now from the Logitech G line I only used the G400 and I could almost palm it but I still couldnt palm it fully. Now my hand is 19 cm from base of palm to top of middle finger. So I'm asking: What about the G500s,G700s?(or any other logitech mouse) Do you think I could palm at least one of those?

Also you guys at Logitech got cool tech support :). Heck even writing to someone from Logitech right now feels so cool. Keep up the good work! I just wish Francois would do more vids :P

Specs of my PC:

I am the product manager for Logitech's gaming mice and racing wheels, yes.

Thanks, good to know we have a Logitech representative here. :)

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I guess now might be the best time to ask and I wanted to ask this a long time but didnt get many helpful answers. So I have this problem, my hands are too big and I can't palm any mouse Ive used so far. Now from the Logitech G line I only used the G400 and I could almost palm it but I still couldnt palm it fully. Now my hand is 19 cm from base of palm to top of middle finger. So I'm asking: What about the G500s,G700s?(or any other logitech mouse) Do you think I could palm at least one of those?

Also you guys at Logitech got cool tech support :). Heck even writing to someone from Logitech right now feels so cool. Keep up the good work! I just wish Francois would do more vids :P

G500/500s is very similar in length and arch height to G400/400s, so they will feel very similar.  The main difference would be in the ring finger area on the right side, where the lip that you either rest your finger on or put your finger under to lift is more pronounced on the G400/400s than on the G500/500s.  

G700/700s are a couple mm taller at the highest part of the arch, but are also a couple mm shorter and narrower.  The changes appear subtle numerically but from a physical feel standpoint are reasonably significant.  For most people G700s feels smaller than G500s.  For others it can feel larger.

I recommend trying to find one in a local shop to put your hand on, if you can.  Comfort in mice is a very subjective and personal topic.  It's really not possible to make hard-and-fast recommendations over the internet.

I'm glad you like our Support team.  I haven't worked in that group since 1997 but I still talk to them on pretty much a daily basis.  For me, their input is really invaluable as a component of product development.

Gaming mouse and racing wheel product manager for

Logitech G. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

G500/500s is very similar in length and arch height to G400/400s, so they will feel very similar. The main difference would be in the ring finger area on the right side, where the lip that you either rest your finger on or put your finger under to lift is more pronounced on the G400/400s than on the G500/500s.

G700/700s are a couple mm taller at the highest part of the arch, but are also a couple mm shorter and narrower. The changes appear subtle numerically but from a physical feel standpoint are reasonably significant. For most people G700s feels smaller than G500s. For others it can feel larger.

I recommend trying to find one in a local shop to put your hand on, if you can. Comfort in mice is a very subjective and personal topic. It's really not possible to make hard-and-fast recommendations over the internet.

I'm glad you like our Support team. I haven't worked in that group since 1997 but I still talk to them on pretty much a daily basis. For me, their input is really invaluable as a component of product development.

Ok thanks that cleared up some things for me. :)

Specs of my PC: