Video Game age rating questionnaire

TEDWARDS

Hey people of linustechtips, I would appreciate it if you could fill in this simple questionnaire about Age ratings in video games :P (Link is below)

Thanks to anyone who fills it in :)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11YoYo5XXIsg-wsoxLZzgaRQ0SUdtkPk0FR-YxSVthqI/viewform

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

why?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

done, hope my feedback was decent.

and people, enforce the bloody age rating system, dont allow 7 year olds to play cod as they arent old enough, they brains are rational enough. enforce the rating system and you will have no more problems. end of story.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

done, hope my feedback was decent.

and people, enforce the bloody age rating system, dont allow 7 year olds to play cod as they arent old enough, they brains are rational enough. enforce the rating system and you will have no more problems. end of story.

i dont like ear piercing yell of a 11 year old also, tho i dont play cod. keep em away from games until they are at least in high school, i dont care if parents buy then 21+ game then. 

Any chance we will see the votes to these at some point or will you keep them top secret as to make the thread useless?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Ratings don't matter. Nobody follows them anyways, besides the poor fuck at Gamestop that has to make the parent aware of it, and 99.9% of them just say "yeah, yeah" wanting to get out of there and back to fucking Starbucks.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Based on the number of 9-year-olds who play CoD? No.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I do like it if you think of it as a guide, not a rule. A guide for both the player ( who doesn't like violence for example, or is squeamish with too much gore) and the parent (who shouldnt complain as the game specifically states whats in the game... SO DONT BUY THE GAME IF ITS TOO VIOLENT!!!).

The main thing I hate is censorship which is a pile of bull, even though now in Aus we have 18+ ratings things are still censored which is complete bull. I believe we as Adults should have the decision ourselves to choose not he Government... especially as it can make games unplayable :(

My Rig:

OS: MSX CPU:Intel i5 4690K RAM: 16GB Averix Core Series  GPU: XFX R9 280X SSD:128GB Crucial M4 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi Powersupply: Corsair HX750 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i Case: Corsair 250D Monitors: Asus VE278 and Asus VW202 Keyboard: Steel Series 6G V2 Mouse: CM Sentinel Advanced Audio: Objective 2 ODAC Headphones: Senheiser HD595

Filled it out, hope it helps. Is this for a project of some kind?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

MY INPUT!

I feel that an age rating is too general to have an effective view upon who should be able to play a game, a mature (like honors/AP student/literally perfect) 15 year-old should be old enough to play a game like GTA.

welp I made my contribution

1391861_524624677630527_1241468215_n.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Its not a case of game ratings not being accurate, its not like anyone is questioning an E for everyone rating of a game, its people overly obsessed with thinking that video games cause people to be more violent or shoot up movie theaters.

Just because mentally unstable/violent people play  violent video games doesn't mean they are are going to act on what they are doing in  those video games. Hell, watching Rambo is just as bad.

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

Its for a college project I can post the results if you guys want to see them :P thanks for filling it in though :D

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

I just answered. I may have written a shorter novel in the field where i just had to answer whether i think the rating system is effective or not, but hey! You wanted my honest opinion right ;)

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Done, good luck.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hey people of linustechtips, I would appreciate it if you could fill in this simple questionnaire about Age ratings in video games :P (Link is below)

Thanks to anyone who fills it in :)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11YoYo5XXIsg-wsoxLZzgaRQ0SUdtkPk0FR-YxSVthqI/viewform

Only cause your picture is pulsfire ezreal. hope you found my information useful

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Done. What is this information going towards?

I find these ratings to be ok, I think the problem is more the parents not listening to the ratings. Maybe a quick demo of the worst parts to show the parents right before the game is bought, that way they can see if they want their kid to play it or not.

He's doing a college project.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

done

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green