Need you expert opinion

kbgarcia05
Go to solution Solved by KamiKatze,

@kbgarcia05

MSI GE60-i750M281FD

It has an i7, that's what you need for your heavy workloads. Gamingwise it has a Nvidia GTX 750M, which is basically a polite way of saying: get a tower PC.

It doesn't have a SSD, but that's not what you'll find in that price segment.

The overall performance should be sufficient for medium gaming and your rendering work. However if you rely on mobility and really want a notebook I'd step up to something like the MSI GE60-i765M281B which has a GTX 765M (should enable medium-high gaming) or an even higher model with a SSD on board. + maybe a gtx 770M. That would be a solid mobile gaming + rednering notebook. BTW what screensize do you prefer?

Don't forget to buy a notebook cooler. :D

I need a laptop that is good for autocad and other rendering application but i also want a gaming laptop. 

my budget would not be over 1k dollars. 

i really liked lenovo y510p and msi/asus gaming laptops. 

what should i buy? 

How heavy do you want to play graphics wise for games?!

I need a laptop that is good for autocad and other rendering application but i also want a gaming laptop. 

my budget would not be over 1k dollars. 

i really liked lenovo y510p and msi/asus gaming laptops. 

what should i buy? 

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Gaming Laptop under a thousand? :|
I hope you all the best my brother. :) 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

@kbgarcia05

MSI GE60-i750M281FD

It has an i7, that's what you need for your heavy workloads. Gamingwise it has a Nvidia GTX 750M, which is basically a polite way of saying: get a tower PC.

It doesn't have a SSD, but that's not what you'll find in that price segment.

The overall performance should be sufficient for medium gaming and your rendering work. However if you rely on mobility and really want a notebook I'd step up to something like the MSI GE60-i765M281B which has a GTX 765M (should enable medium-high gaming) or an even higher model with a SSD on board. + maybe a gtx 770M. That would be a solid mobile gaming + rednering notebook. BTW what screensize do you prefer?

Don't forget to buy a notebook cooler. :D

who cares...

i will just play dota 2 or LoL in my laptop since i have my pc :P . thanks btw! i will look to that msi laptop :) keep you all in touch to what will i buy

Gaming Laptop under a thousand? :|

I hope you all the best my brother. :)

there are many my friend. i just can't pick.

@kbgarcia05

Note that if you don't put much data on your PC (just some games + rendering software) You could allways get an additional SSD (120GB or 250 GB, or a hybrid SSHD) and put it in. Then use the original HDD in an external enclosure as external HDD.

To safe some money for that you could opt to an i5 model of the MSI laptop since you'll just do light gaming anyways. But note that your rendering + CAD (depending on how heavy the workload is) will get slower. - in return you have a SSD in your system.

who cares...

also any laptop would do (i meant not only their gaming series laptops)! i just want a decent gpu :) hmmm, maybe a good all around laptop i guess?

@kbgarcia05

Note that if you don't put much data on your PC (just some games + rendering software) You could allways get an additional SSD (120GB or 250 GB, or a hybrid SSHD) and put it in. Then use the original HDD in an external enclosure as external HDD.

To safe some money for that you could opt to an i5 model of the MSI laptop since you'll just do light gaming anyways. But note that your rendering + CAD (depending on how heavy the workload is) will get slower. - in return you have a SSD in your system.

hmm. will just add more cash to get that ssd :)

also any laptop would do (i meant not only their gaming series laptops)! i just want a decent gpu :) hmmm, maybe a good all around laptop i guess?

True. The thing with allrounders is that the cooling is mostly insufficient and the GPU sucks. :D

who cares...

there are many my friend. i just can't pick.

OH you meant casual gaming. :)

Then you are right. I thought you wanted to play in high specs or something. 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D