120hz 1440 IPS G-sync could be coming

Fruitbooter

If this is true I'm getting three of those

Just as a correction, Overlord does not "produce" the monitors.

They just have a connection with the korean manufacturers which enabled them to put a different pcb that can theoretically go to 120hz.

At first a specifc brand of monitors were 'overclockable' from the start but the korean manufacturers changed the pcb thus removing that feature and then there was a huge demand for it and that's where Overlord came in.

Wut.....this is craziness...and how do you overclock a monitor's refresh rate? Too much over clocking lol

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Wut.....this is craziness...and how do you overclock a monitor's refresh rate? Too much over clocking lol

You go to your Nvidia or AMD Control Panel, create a custom resolution, and enter a higher refresh rate. Simple.

If it works, it works, it doesn't, well it doesn't, you 'll get no image or "out of range" message.

It all comes down to internal circuit. On a laptop you should be able to boost it more easily as the panel usually doesn't really have internal circuit beside the bare minimum to get the panel working, and backlight brightness control.

It must be noted that: Your monitor response time. ACTUAL response time (not that fake figure on the box), will not change. So if your monitor is not TRUE ~8ms response time, like true 120Hz monitors are, you'll get crap ("motion blur" type of effect... basically like a slow monitor)

Why not a "flat" 120/144hz IPS instead of a G-sync? It'd make sense to start with the flat 120/144, then work towards creating G-sync monitors, unless the processing and such for G-sync is less demanding.

G-Sync does perfectly work with 60Hz monitors. But because now "60Hz is not Gamer", don't expect to see it.

A 1080p G-Sync enabled TN panel already costs $500, how much would a 1440P IPS panel with G-Sync cost ? 2 grand ?

G-Sync does perfectly work with 60Hz monitors. But because now "60Hz is not Gamer", don't expect to see it.

It doesn't actually, if you run a game at above the maximum refresh rate of the G-Sync monitor it'll function exactly like regular V-Sync, that's why you need a much faster monitor, otherwise you can't mitigate lag.

It doesn't actually, if you run a game at above the maximum refresh rate of the G-Sync monitor it'll function exactly like regular V-Sync, that's why you need a much faster monitor, otherwise you can't mitigate lag.

Sure it does, although that's a little less useful, but none the less.

Above 60 fps and it's just like vsync as you said.

But, below 60 fps and you have no stuttering.

Most people, don't have the computation power to play their games at max settings at a solid 60fps... it varies. Hence adaptive V-Sync was made, which kinda helps in not dropping down to 30fps in one shot, but you have shuttering when V-Sync is turned on. This will help getting a smoother visual experience.

You go to your Nvidia or AMD Control Panel, create a custom resolution, and enter a higher refresh rate. Simple.

If it works, it works, it doesn't, well it doesn't, you 'll get no image or "out of range" message.

It all comes down to internal circuit. On a laptop you should be able to boost it more easily as the panel usually doesn't really have internal circuit beside the bare minimum to get the panel working, and backlight brightness control.

It must be noted that: Your monitor response time. ACTUAL response time (not that fake figure on the box), will not change. So if your monitor is not TRUE ~8ms response time, like true 120Hz monitors are, you'll get crap ("motion blur" type of effect... basically like a slow monitor)

Wow quite simple. But...

Does it have to be a custom resolution? And after you change refresh rates and resolution and get the black screen, is there a was to change it back?

Also, my monitor is 5ms gray to gray. I need to have 8ms for no motion blur?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Wow quite simple. But...

Does it have to be a custom resolution? And after you change refresh rates and resolution and get the black screen, is there a was to change it back?

Yes, as the resolution is not one supported by the monitor.

Refresh rate is what changes, not resolution. You leave the number of width and height pixels the same.

For instant.. lets say your monitor is 1920x1080 (1080p) @ 60Hz normally.

You create a custom resolution of: 1920x1080 @ 75Hz. This is your new resolution. Refresh rate number is part your monitor resolution.

When you apply the resolution, you will given ~15sec to click on weather or not you want to keep it. If you get a black screen, do not touch anything on the keyboard or mouse. the 15sec will time out, and you'll return back to your previous resolution.

Also, my monitor is 5ms gray to gray. I need to have 8ms for no motion blur?

Let me clarify. ~8ms (8.0 to 8.9ms) BLACK - to - WHITE response time. Not gray to gray B.S figures.

See here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/29257-how-noticable-is-response-time/?p=372554

I want my 27" 4K 120Hz IPS G-sync display NOW!

Isn't the whole point of g-sync to make lower framerates feel much smoother?

The point of G-sync is to give the advantages of using vSync (no tearing) and not using vSync (lag/stutter).

Thanks GoodBytes!
So it seems my MX239H has 5MS BTW and 2MS GTG. But obviously brand specs are not entirely true with that linked post.
I got everything down but last thing, if you OC the monitor, how can you tell if it's stable and not frame skipping?

EDIT: OCed to 74hz, played bf3 to make sure nothing was wrong. i rlly want those awesome korean panels

heard the top brands were QNIX and XSTAR