Does every single motherboard have an integrated network card

Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

There are boards sold without network cards but they're pretty rare these days, as the functionality is very cheap to implement, maybe less than 2$.

You can always disable the onboard network card from BIOS and install your own network card in PCI-E slots (or PCI) or you could even use USB based network cards.

If a faulty network card stops your system from booting, you could in theory go to a repair center and ask them to remove the dead network chip from the motherboard and that's often enough to get your motherboard working again.

Also i want to know if its possible to change it with out buying a new motherboard

There are boards sold without network cards but they're pretty rare these days, as the functionality is very cheap to implement, maybe less than 2$.

You can always disable the onboard network card from BIOS and install your own network card in PCI-E slots (or PCI) or you could even use USB based network cards.

If a faulty network card stops your system from booting, you could in theory go to a repair center and ask them to remove the dead network chip from the motherboard and that's often enough to get your motherboard working again.

You can buy new adapters which use either PCIe or USB.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv