Sharp made another bezel free smartphone-this time with curved edges

Djole123
4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Does anyone else think that this thing is going to be constantly glitching out while you hold it due to your hands being picked up along the edge as touches?

precisely why im not a fan of Samsung's edge phones. No place to hold the damn phone!

15 hours ago, keNNySOC said:

Capacitive keys are VERY VERY MUCH wanted on a phone

On screen keys suck for me :

-Less screen space when browsing

-Buggy (I turn on Mortal Kombat X, click the lock button and open the app again and it just shows a gray bar when in reality there are no keys there to touch and its annoying)

-When you crack your screen your good as gone

imo I'd prefer physical keys, as you can't really accidentally press them. Unfortunately, the only way to get that (in a decent phone) seems to be getting a galaxy active. If anyone can point me to some relatively inexpensive phones with physical buttons I'd love it.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

9 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

imo I'd prefer physical keys, as you can't really accidentally press them. Unfortunately, the only way to get that (in a decent phone) seems to be getting a galaxy active. If anyone can point me to some relatively inexpensive phones with physical buttons I'd love it.

well 1+ phones use cap keys

That phone would be great for watching movies on.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

On 2016-10-15 at 6:16 PM, suicidalfranco said:

no, this happens when apple will follow it, claim they invented it, and attach a catchy new name to it (Apple Infinity display -> croud cheers in an explosive roar of applause)

You know, everyone claims that Apple claims to have invented things it didn't, but I can't remember the last time that it did.  Go watch the latest Apple event stream (it's on Apple's YouTube page) if you'd like an example!  It's more that Apple makes a big deal of features when it adds them.

On 15/10/2016 at 10:42 AM, IMPERIUS said:

so why can't apple put a smaller bezel on its phones?

because it looks horible and has to make the screen prone to braking

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

1 hour ago, jaggysnake57 said:

because it looks horible and has to make the screen prone to braking

iPhone screens already break if you drop the phone on a carpet so lets try and avoid anything that will make them more likely to break please 

This all looks very cool and impressive but I can't help but think how is this going to affect usability. Unless palm rejection and accidental presses are accounted for it's just going to be quite awkward to handle.

8 hours ago, The Falcon said:

iPhone screens already break if you drop the phone on a carpet so lets try and avoid anything that will make them more likely to break please 

really?  cause my phone has been dropped several times with no brakes or cracks to the screen

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

On 10/15/2016 at 11:54 PM, Arri said:

precisely why im not a fan of Samsung's edge phones. No place to hold the damn phone!

On 10/17/2016 at 5:02 AM, YourBerger said:

This all looks very cool and impressive but I can't help but think how is this going to affect usability. Unless palm rejection and accidental presses are accounted for it's just going to be quite awkward to handle.

I felt this way too, especially because my hands are not that large.  While I don't know about this phone, Samsung seems to have figured it out.  I've used S6 Edge, S7 Edge and the Note 7 all comfortable and no accidental presses.  These phones are actually much easier to hold than the ones I've had in the past(Droids, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2) and the one I have now(LG G3).

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

The real question is, how long until the entire phone is just one big screen, all the way around, leaving no surface uncovered? xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The real question is, how long until the entire phone is just one big screen, all the way around, leaving no surface uncovered? xD 

They're heading that way. These concepts were floating through the news last week.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

4 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

They're heading that way. These concepts were floating through the news last week.

That would be cool but they're gonna need some magically good palm rejection :D 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Thats going to be the next microsoft surface

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Gyroscope could keep the screen off/disabled when it's face down.  Not a full solution but eliminates a lot of the problem.

(For complete 360 bezel free)

8 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Did you try the S6/S7 edge?  I was worried about that too but, couldn't get them to mess up in the the short time I had to play with them.  The bezel is pretty small on these devices already.

12 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Did you try the S6/S7 edge?  I was worried about that too but, couldn't get them to mess up in the the short time I had to play with them.  The bezel is pretty small on these devices already.

No, never tried those

On 10/15/2016 at 8:50 AM, keNNySOC said:

-Less screen space when browsing

Not true. They can be minimized.Which would give them the option of giving you more screen.

1 hour ago, Notree said:

Not true. They can be minimized.Which would give them the option of giving you more screen.

Yes true, without modding the phone (some requires android root) or installing an app (like GMD Immersive Mode) it adds less space to browse since google does not support translucent (or transparent) navigation bars and its either a thick black bar or a thick white bar.

On 16/10/2016 at 0:31 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Does anyone else think that this thing is going to be constantly glitching out while you hold it due to your hands being picked up along the edge as touches?

yeah i dont mind having bezels they are quite important

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

yeah i dont mind having bezels they are quite important

There should be ATLEAST some bezels