What DAW do you use?

Pick your DAW!  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) are you using or do you prefer? And what do you use it for & how you use it? (Recording, Beat Producting, Podcasting, Mixing & Mastering?)

• Apple Logic Pro X (Mac)
    • Avid Pro Tools (Mac/Win)
    • FL studios (Win)
    • Ableton Live (Mac/Win)
    • Presonus Studio One (Mac/Win)
    • Cakewalk SONAR (Mac/Win)
    • Propellerhead Reason (Mac/Win)
    • Other (Not Listed)

Which Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) are you using or do you prefer? And what do you use it for & how you use it? (Recording, Beat Producting, Podcasting, Mixing & Mastering?) 

Give your vote in the poll and Reply below and share your uses & talents!

Microsoft Paint ./s

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I'm using Logic Pro X & Protools, But have worked around the others before. But those two are my most preferred. 

I do Recording, Mixing & Mastering. Mainly Post-Production.

Every now and then i'll do some beat production, but its not something I believe I'm not to great at doing.

I use mainly Logic for everything cause of how the AIO interface applies to my life.

The way I look at it is the same way I do protools but with EVERYTHING I need at my fingertips

without the need to use outboards, and external hardware like compressors, limiters, eq's and all that good stuff.

When it comes down to being in a large Professional grade studio, Especially those with an SSL console **Excitement**

then in that situation I'll crack the iLok out and open up pro tools. 

If you want to check out my work here is my soundcloud!

Pro tools, logic,mainly pro tools haven't done much work since 8 was new, which funnily enough was about when I left the industry. Spent most of my time on avids venue systems by the time I changed industry, oh and fuck line array and delay stacks.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Ableton has been my go to for years now, not for any particular reason except that it works very well for my workflow. I also use a Launchpad for Session View and occasionally as a midi controller for recording so that integrates very well.

2 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

Pro tools, logic,mainly pro tools haven't done much work since 8 was new, which funnily enough was about when I left the industry. Spent most of my time on avids venue systems by the time I changed industry, oh and fuck line array and delay stacks.

Nice. & I can agree with Few Line arrays!

But there are been times where I've mixed some Live performances with some awesome Modern stacks & arrays, Especially those with Meyersound, Mackie, And some modern QSC setup. 

What is it that you do not like about the Modern day line arrays and line stacks?^_^

2 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

Ableton has been my go to for years now, not for any particular reason except that it works very well for my workflow. I also use a Launchpad for Session View and occasionally as a midi controller for recording so that integrates very well.

awesome! Are you a house producer or DJ?

I don't do much around the area of beat making, but I am an absolute turntablist.

my DJ setup consist of two Technics 1200's MK2 & my new trusted Battle style

Pioneer DJM-S9 < Best mixer I've ever laid hands on in my life. I will never go back to my Rane 62 w/ Innofader mini.

the Marvel Crossfader is extremely accurate and so buttery, So easy to execute any scratch style. Never have my crab scratches been so smooth.

1 minute ago, Truleyy said:

What is it that you do not like about the Modern day line arrays and line stacks?

Multiple drive racks, riggers, trucking in generators, roadies breaking shit, stupid oz OHS getting in the way of finishing things. explaining god dam delay timings to so called professional'. Lighting techs running power along audio, over heating equipment, roadies fucking shit up did i mention this? oh and the multiple times I've been belted by 240volts.

Sometimes what you love turns into work, and you get sick of it. Also I got older and got sick of working all night, bumping out till 4 am for the next gig, and I also probably didn't mention the tinnitus yea that's a bitch too.

Broadcast and foley was fun, but work took me somewhere else in the end.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

26 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

Multiple drive racks, riggers, trucking in generators, roadies breaking shit, stupid oz OHS getting in the way of finishing things. explaining god dam delay timings to so called professional'. Lighting techs running power along audio, over heating equipment, roadies fucking shit up did i mention this?

I can totally Feel you on this one. Although I'm only 23 

I've already ran into some Tedious jobs.

Especially those I would perform as a DJ for.

Being on-stage and not behind the boards upfront cause alot of mishaps, & I'd find myself having to walk off stage to

help the "professionals". :dry: