Your favorite mouse pad?

Tweed

I'm looking for an extended mouse pad/mat and after reading some comments/reviews, I see that a lot of people like the Steelseries qck xxl and the Glorious Extended Mouse Mat. I looked at some pictures and I REALLY like them as well but can't decide between the two. There exists no stores near me that I can feel them for myself and decide. Any advice/comments you can give me I'd greatly appreciate it, or even recommend me a different mouse mat/pad.

21 minutes ago, Tweed said:

I'm looking for an extended mouse pad/mat and after reading some comments/reviews, I see that a lot of people like the Steelseries qck xxl and the Glorious Extended Mouse Mat. I looked at some pictures and I REALLY like them as well but can't decide between the two. There exists no stores near me that I can feel them for myself and decide. Any advice/comments you can give me I'd greatly appreciate because of it, or even recommend me a different mouse mat/pad.

i would take a pad zilla  because of its custom deseign and me being decent at art 

but i would recomend the glorious one for its design to you

I'd go for the Glorious mouse mat, the Steelseries mouse pads don't have anti-fraying stitched edges compared to the Glorious pads. Along with that, I currently own an XXL Glorious mat myself and cannot recommend it enough. It's amazing for games where low sensitivity is key such as CSGO. 

My desk

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Steel Series like to make cheap things.

So does Glorious (albeit, focusing primarily on mousepads).

Glorious mousepads have stitched edges.

Steel Series do not.

Glorious mousepads can be machine washed (gently).

Steel Series do not say anything about washing.

IMO you should go for Glorious. The stitched edges will make it more durable (less lifting of the edges) and easier to maintain.

Just make sure you are not one of those people who get irritated by mousepads with stitched edges.

If you do not like the tiny bump around the edges and prefer a flat edge, go for the Steel Series.

Got myself a huge cloth Roccat mat, can't fault it at all. One of the best upgrades I've ever made to my PC setup - and there was me thinking mousemats didn't matter.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

For those in the UK the OcUK Mega Mat 3XL its literally the exact size of my desk which is great, from the people at Overclockers UK

In the US, Pad-Zilla do huge mouse pads, Linus did a video on them a while back. I believe this is the same size as the Pad-Zilla 'Small' mouse pad. Although Pad-Zillas are really expensive.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

I personally use my MTG playmat, and it works perfectly. But I would prefer the stitched one, since it's more durable.

"Better to be bad at video games than mad at video games" - BadAtVideogamesMan

You should go the piece of paper route like Linus :D

....jk