Samsung to Permanently Discontinue Galaxy Note 7 Smartphone according to Wall Street Journal

Samfisher

Source : http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-permanently-cancels-galaxy-note-7

REa2wKU.jpg

Link sources WSJ which requires a subscription, but the first paragraph is available to read on WSJ which basically says this.  It seems the battery issue is so serious and somehow unfixable that the phone itself even with any sort of new battery would not be fit for sale.  Which is odd since the issue was with the battery in the first place.  Perfectly good hardware, but somehow a retooled battery won't work.  Why not just use the S7 Edge one?  Pretty big news 1.5 months after its launch.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

well that was expensive

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

17 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

well that was expensive

Apparently a $17 billion drop in valuation D:

4 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Isn't this a repost? 

Nope.  Mods have locked and unlocked this thread 2 times already, deciding that it isn't.  Stopping sales =/= discontinuation of the whole Note 7 line.  I posted this minutes after Samsung officially made a press statement in Korea.

5 minutes ago, ttam said:

The quicker they release the Note "8" with a non-curved screen and a removable back & battery the quicker they recoup the loss of money.

I hated the curved screen of the S6 Edge.  I don't mind so much the removable back and battery, but there's something more than a battery problem with the Note 7 if they have to scrap the hardware along with the battery to fix it.

With that, the Note line name is forever tarnished. I don't think they'll continues using this name.Samsung may just call the next note the "Pro" or something.

Just now, Magnetorheological said:

With that, the Note line name is forever tarnished. I don't think they'll continues using this name.Samsung may just call the next note the "Pro" or something.

Pro Sport Plus Edition Edition.

I guess the explosive popularity of the Note 7 has come to an end :D.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Makes me think the issue is not confined to the battery but also has something to do with the charging circuit. And both things in tandem made the issue prevalent, while a retooled battery only confined the issue to a smaller number of devices. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX