Samsung recalls the Note 7

GoodBytes

Man I was hoping to grab a cheap note 7 from some scaredy cat and put some gerry rigged battery or 3rd party pack in and have a cheap flagship... now my poorness has no outlet

Excellent job @GoodBytes

You close my thread down citing it as a repost despite your linked repost thread only stating they were halting production temporarily (and your announcement being made an entire 48 hours before the announcement I was posting about) so you could open your own thread on the exact same topic hours later? And yet somehow you allow a thread about speculation of the announcement to continue on?

Being a moderator doesn't give you the right the steal other peoples topics and post them as your own.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Well, it seems that even the recall isn't as simple as Samsung might have hoped, as U.K.’s Royal Mail Bans Return of Samsung Note 7 Via Its Network

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-12/u-k-s-royal-mail-bans-return-of-samsung-note-7-via-its-network

So ... yeah. ggwp

Check my Video Game Photos on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/snakedrone/ ?

Apple should hire some ppl with N7s to hold on to their phones till the next generation of new phones releases, then power them up and let 'em explode in newsworthy places and watch the refreshed fallout drive more ppl away. Could easily say they were users that refused to return their phones. Hell, doesn't even need to be Apple, any competition... Sony, HTC, etc, all of em could stand to gain from refreshed FUD next year.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

WIth the new iPhones just about to launch in some Asia countries next week, this news couldn't have come at worse timing. Get a refund for the GS7 and purchase a new iPhone 7/Plus. 

9 hours ago, crystal6tak said:

Wow, the amount of hate on Samsung IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

"  Love this time of year when the nights are drawing in, there's a chill in the air and the whole family gathers round a roaring Galaxy Note 7. "

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

From a data security standpoint, self destruction capable phones would be a plus. However, involuntary self destruction may not be desired.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…