NewtonsFourthLaw

Camaro  

26 members have voted

1. 1. 2017 or 1968?

• 1968 Camaro V8
    • 2017 Camaro V8

1 minute ago, Cereal5 said:

oh. well sure. But they have a lot less in them than cars nowadays

The only real issue I see with stuff like touchscreens in cars is distraction. I can almost guarantee that the newer Camaros will be faster than the older ones. They're probably lighter too. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

The only real issue I see with stuff like touchscreens in cars is distraction. I can almost guarantee that the newer Camaros will be faster than the older ones. They're probably lighter too. 

Faster, stock for stock, yeah. Lighter? hell no. Curb weight of a 2105 SS is 3935 (edmunds) , 1968 Camaros curb weight is 3170 (automobile catalog)

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Just now, Cereal5 said:

Faster, stock for stock, yeah. Lighter? hell no. Curb weight of a 2105 SS is 3935 (edmunds) , 1968 Camaros curb weight is 3170 (automobile catalog)

Okay, you got me there with weight.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'm torn on this. While i love the older camaro and i would like to own one the new ones are good too. 

If i lived in the land of cheap gas i'd daily the '68. And in the end i'm going to go with my heart and say i'll pick the old one. 

But it has to be a Yenko. 

I'm currently dailying a fourth gen camaro v6. And some day i'll hopefully get enough spare cash to pick up a 1971 SS

Picture_1290.jpg 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Generally the older cars are far, far cooler than their modern equivalent. But as actual transport the new ones are far, far better. So as weekend toy the '68 all the way, but as an only car it would have to be the new one.

A '68 anything is too old to daily drive IMO, parts availability and the constant maintenance is just too much to deal with on something you need to get you to work. And then there is the minimal crash protection, rubbish lights and wipers, the balance between getting a well featured head unit in the car and getting one that look period. Mid 90's is probably as early as I'd go with a daily driver, and even then I'd like a back up car in case it was off the road for a couple of weeks while I sourced a part.

Neither, they're both hideous.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?