7th Generation AMD PRO

sof006
32 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

Just a heads up, AMD is currently sitting at 29.9% markek share.

Regarding the Pro Duo, yes two Fury X is cheaper but the benefit would be an extra PCI slot and much lower power consumption than two Fury Xs.

About its uses, developers from the film industry were rather interested in it, I can't say for game developers though.

30% is good, when talking about GPUs, CPUs is a different story.

If someone cared about power consumption and PCIe slots they would buy a pascal GPU :)

Afaik the film industry uses quadros only, because a lot of stuff is cuda accelerated.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

-snip-

CPUs are sitting around 20%. In regards to Pascal that was irrelevant at the time of release. For the film industry they seem to prefer AMD's technologies, e.g. Async, GPUOpen. Also AMD has tools to port CUDA code to C++.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

3 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

CPUs are sitting around 20%. In regards to Pascal that was irrelevant at the time of release. For the film industry they seem to prefer AMD's technologies, e.g. Async, GPUOpen. Also AMD has tools to port CUDA code to C++.

???

Async and GPUopen have nothing to do with the film industry...?

Those are gaming features only...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

One fury X costs less than $500, so yeah, $1500 is 3 times that much.

You can get firepros for less than $2k which have 12GB or more vram.

If a game developer needed to install different drivers every time he wants to test something he would probably kill himself.

Also, idk about you, but I haven't heard of a game that requires firepro drivers to run.

Linus reviewed some...

And my point is I see many people with quadros and firepros, and 0 with a pro duo.

You either are a professional, or are not.

If you are, you need a GPU with more than 4GB of vram, and since it's your job you can probably easily afford a 24GB quadro or firepro.

If you are not, then you're a consumer and 300% price for not even 200% performance of a fury X doesn't make any sense.

So as you can see, this card neither fits consumers nor professionals and is a niche product.

It's pretty simple honestly...

If there are two markets, A and B, and this card fit in neither of them, why did AMD waste money making it??? Exactly.

Fury X doesnt have Firepro drivers.

Driver installation and removal is rather quick, i bet you they would just run it in a virtual machine for the driver swap. Although, i think they actually merged the Firepro and Radeon section for the Pro Duo, as it no longer show two specific drivers, but one unified special Pro Duo driver on their driver DL page.

Linus reviewed them, for gaming.

Linus has NEVER reviewed them for what they are MEANT to do, aka CAD/CAE and or GPGPU. He only reviewed them for simple "consumer" tasks, not even "pro-sumer" stuff.

Tom's Hardware has proper Firepro and Quadro reviews with PRO software and not bullshit nobody cares about, like Adobe rendering times.

You are either professional or not? what kinda shit is that? i don't even.

Someone should call your teacher and drag your ass back to school. Your arguments are getting less and less sensible.

The card fits BOTH markets just fine, it can do both, at once for the fraction of the cost of buying two solutions with equal performance metrics.

How many GTX's did you inject this morning? 5?

52 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Well, you know how it is: AMD launches an iteration of Excavator, no die shrink, better performance per watt, and it is an embarrassing waste of effort. Intel launches an iteration of Skylake, no die shrink, better performance per watt, and it is a milestone in R&D ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

yeah well, haters gonna hate

5 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Go ahead and show me one person that bought a Pro Duo for something other than gaming. (person, not review/news website)

One.

Go try.

I'd like to see it.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Go ahead and show me one person that bought a Pro Duo for something other than gaming. (person, not review/news website)

One.

Go try.

I'd like to see it.

go ahead and show me one person who bought a Quadro for gaming.

One.

Go try.

I'd like to see it.