What was your first car?

SuperCookie78

i'm 17 and looking for my first car. what are your guys experience with your first car?

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

My first car was a 1981 AMC Eagle station wagon with full time 4x4(AWD).  Was fantastic off-road, until I jumped it and broke the front axle.

My first car was a 2002 Acura MDX the only reason why my family got rid of it was it was more expensive to fix than it was worth, was a great workhorse though

My first car was a 2001 Pontiac GrandAm. Tha AC was broken, the trunk was letting water in, the aftermarket stereo had a habit of resetting itself randomly (the rest of the time it didn't work at all). It was in the shop every other week for repairs.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

My first and only car was a 1993 VW Golf MKIII VR6.

It was a really good car, but I unfortunatly had to sell it when I ran into some finacial issues. It was also expensive as hell to insure.

For that reason I wouldn't recommend it as a first car. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

tricycle-photo-picture-definition-at-pho

/jk  xD

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

The first car that I drove was a 1996 Plymouth Voyager (Identical to a Dodge Caravan).

The first car that I owned was a 1999 Buick Regal - it had smooth suspension, great sound system (CD or Tape only though), and comfy seats. But oddly enough there were literally no cup holders. When driving normally, it was a boat - slow and steady. But it was still packing a 3.8L V6 under the hood, so if you stomped the pedal, it would fucking GO. It was nice to drive, and insurance was pretty cheap, but it chugged gas, and was very expensive to maintain.

I now drive a 2014 VW Jetta (2.0L 4c) that I bought new, and I love it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

The first car that I drove was a 1006 Plymouth Voyager (Identical to a Dodge Caravan).

The first car that I owned was a 1999 Buick Regal - it had smooth suspension, great sound system (CD or Tape only though), and comfy seats. But oddly enough there were literally no cup holders. When driving normally, it was a boat - slow and steady. But it was still packing a 3.8L V6 under the hood, so if you stomped the pedal, it would fucking GO. It was nice to drive, and insurance was pretty cheap, but it chugged gas, and was very expensive to maintain.

I now drive a 2014 VW Jetta (2.0L 4c) that I bought new, and I love it.

a 1006 plymouth? Talk about a throwback+

3 minutes ago, RooR said:

a 1006 plymouth? Talk about a throwback+

OOps xD Yeah it was powered by camels.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Well if we're talking about first car driven, I learned to drive on a 1939 Ford V8 Deluxe Sedan.  Suicide doors, 3-speed manual transmission and a whopping 90hp.

First (and current) car is a 2009 VW Jetta. Great car, pricey parts.

COMIC SANS

2003 Saab 9-3, I loved that car so much. It was so fun to drive with its tiny turbo. Sadly the transmission died along with a slew of electrical problems 6 months after i got it. I'm thinking about getting one again, but i know it will not be a good idea. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I was going to answer this but this is a common security question for websites. Just a reminder for those who might be giving out answers to their security questions. ;)

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

I was going to answer this but this is a common security question for websites. Just a reminder for those who might be giving out answers to their security questions. ;)

That was the secret plan of Top Gear; to get into the accounts of all the celebrities.

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

35 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

If the answer to a secret question is about your first car, it's not a very good question. Ideally, the answer should have nothing to do with the question, since logically, most of the "secret question" answers can be acquired through social engineering.

Sure, some rando hacker won't be able to guess, but if you get targeted, don't expect those questions to keep you safe :P

54 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

If the answer to a secret question is about your first car, it's not a very good question. Ideally, the answer should have nothing to do with the question, since logically, most of the "secret question" answers can be acquired through social engineering.

Sure, some rando hacker won't be able to guess, but if you get targeted, don't expect those questions to keep you safe :P

I 100% agree, it's just something people should consider when answering questions like this online.

-KuJoe

If your first car is crappy(which it really should be), use it to learn to drive. Take care of it. Save money and buy a better car.

My first car was a 1988 Ford Ranger. It was given to me by some neighbors. It needed a new transmission. After getting it replaced with a junk yard part, I drove it. Eventually got a better car that cost real money (2001 Civic Coupe, it was in 2005, when I graduated HS) I destroyed that poor civic. Doing all that Fast and Furious wanna be shit to it. 

Now I own a much nicer car, that police seem to always think is my parents car. Evidently being young and owning a nice car, means it's your parents. 

I got a 2000 Buick Century and have been driving it for the past few years. Never had a serious issue with it that wasn't my fault and right now the only thing that doesn't work properly are the wipers. The intermittent settings don't work correctly so most of the time they're just on constantly until I turn them off. Besides that, everything seems to work just fine.

It's got some pretty bad rust under the body, though. I'm going to drive it until it dies or becomes too expensive to fix.

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

First car I learned to drive on was a 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. 3.1L V6 but somehow only managed 160hp lol. First car I purchased myself was a 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited. That car was fantastic and saw a lot of dirt and snow covered roads. Now I drive a 2015 Ford Fiesta ST which was my first new car purchase. The Fiesta is buckets of fun. More fun to drive than cars that are much faster than it. Additionally I have a 1997 Subaru Outback that I bought for $800 last winter; but that car is mostly just to tinker with.