I have no idea what windows to pick windows 32bit or 64bit

Hpw1707

Does it matter which one I pick . I have a Amd Athlon x4 845k cpu 

Depends on the version of windows, some old games don't run on 64 bit unless there's a patch I believe this was true for the first Crysis?

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

7 minutes ago, Hpw1707 said:

Does it matter which one I pick . I have a Amd Athlon x4 845k cpu 

64 Bit. Only use 32 Bit on PCs with 2GB RAM.

Also sometimes it's good to install 32-bit one but for your processor think it's fine to go with the 64-bit one ofc that depends on the windows your installing think windows 10 is only 64 bit

7 minutes ago, Lostlogger said:

Also sometimes it's good to install 32-bit one but for your processor think it's fine to go with the 64-bit one ofc that depends on the windows your installing think windows 10 is only 64 bit

Sometimes? On a modern PC there is never a reason to go 32-bit. Especially if the system needs to play games, 64-bit is even required nowadays because they require more than the maximum of 2GB of RAM available to the user in a 32-bit operating system. 
Want old programs and games that desperately require 32-bit? Build a separate PC with like a Core 2 Duo and 2GB RAM for $50.

Oh, and Win10 is available in 32-bit as well, just like 8.1 and before.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Yeah you took it kinda hard when i said sometimes i was thinking if for some reason you need to install windows on a old machine from like 2005 (meaning early dual core and single core processors) but yeah if you can you always go 64-if you can 

A lot of businesses still use 32 bit because they all use a lot of legacy software that only runs on 32 bit OSs

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Simple. If you think your PC is too fast for you and you feel you have too much RAM: install 32-bit

If you want every drop of performance and utilise the most of your system: install 64-bit.

If you don't care: install 64-bit

If you like games: install 64-bit

If you don't like games: install 64-bit

The more bits the better.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

7 hours ago, Hpw1707 said:

I have 2x4 gb of ram, its for a build i have

The maximum addressable storage in 32 bit OS is 4GB.   (although really its less than that).

The maximum addressable storage in 64 bit OS is FREAKING SHIRTLOADS MORE THAN 4GB.

ie: 32bit is for OLD applications that you never want to upgrade.

Yes, SOME businesses still use 32 bit.   Mostly from really crappy programs that they have no choice but to use ... usually these programs are tied to DEVICES that have really long life spans (like POS devices, manufacturing machinery controlled by PC programs, etc, etc, etc.)

The only situation in which a 32-bit OS would be preferential would be if the system-operator knows that only 32-bit programs are wanted to be run on the system, and if the system has only 4 GB, or a limited amount of RAM.

A 64-bit OS uses more RAM while idle, and so leaves less RAM for other things. If a person was only going to run 32-bit programs, and had a limited amount of RAM in their system, then running a 32-bit OS would free up ~200 - 400 MB of RAM for things other than basic background OS processes.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987