[PSA]Quantum Break about to go live on Steam (Spoiler alert: DO NOT get it)

Misanthrope

Committed to the feedback from PC gamers Microsoft has decided to renew their efforts to bring great entertainment efforts to the platform (For really reals this time) So we know bring you Quantum Break directly through Steam....only without DX12....and you need a motherfucking 1080 to barely be able to maitain 60fps on 1080p:

Quantum Break's Steam version runs terribly on PC

http://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/quantum_break_s_steam_version_runs_terribly_on_pc/1

So be warned just stay away and whatever you do don't put more than 2 hours into it if you preordered so you can refund.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Sakkura said:

Does it not have graphics settings you can dial down for playable FPS?

Should you need a motherfucking Titan XP (Since this game doesn't supports SLI or Crossfire, at all) to max out a game at 1080p....in 2016?

Honestly it's completely irrelevant this kind of performance is just unacceptable. But to answer your question the game does this by default with resolution scaling, meaning 1080p by default it's not really 1080p but just upscaled 720p.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

snip

I feel like microsoft doesn't know how to code anymore as that is unacceptable in any game regardless of the origin setup on console, upscaled 720 cannot achieve good frame rates on the most powerful gaming hardware available, they are hacks

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

So I never bought the Windows Store version of it (or the Xbox version for that matter). Does the Windows Store version run as poorly as this garbage?

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

Just now, AresKrieger said:

I feel like microsoft doesn't know how to code anymore as that is unacceptable in any game regardless of the origin setup on console, upscaled 720 cannot achieve good frame rates on the most powerful gaming hardware available, they are hacks

Well they did fire @Barnacules after all

-------

Current Rig

-------

Why?

The port looks great, almost all cards are close to the cinematic FPS number.

Now seriously.

Even if this game was running on 100FPS and be perfectly optimized... it is still under average game.

4 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

So I never bought the Windows Store version of it (or the Xbox version for that matter). Does the Windows Store version run as poorly as this garbage?

It shows better numbers but even on DX12 most cards can't maintain 60 fps minimum at max settings 1080p

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

snip

Yeah just found Tweak Town's numbers on the Windows Store release, looks like it's a bad game all round on PC. Well it never appealed to me anyway.

As for a Microsoft game that does appeal to me. I'm a bit miffed at the high CPU requirements for Forza Horizon 3. I have a 6600k and CPU utilisation hits 100% on all cores. Microsoft needs to throw some more developers behind it's Windows efforts.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

11 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Microsoft didn't code Quantum Break. They just published it. Microsoft is just awful when it comes to windows gaming.

Though I have to give them props for getting the hit boxes to line up with the buttons for UWP unlike in GFWL where you had to click next to the button.

1 minute ago, DELTAprime said:

As for a Microsoft game that does appeal to me. I'm a bit miffed at the high CPU requirements for Forza Horizon 3. I have a 6600k and CPU utilisation hits 100% on all cores. Microsoft needs to through some more developers behind it's Windows efforts.

They always say they will and never do, as it was quoted on the OP:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=88868188

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Squirrel724 said:

Microsoft didn't code Quantum Break. They just published it. Microsoft is just awful when it comes to windows gaming.

Though I have to give them props for getting the hit boxes to line up with the buttons for UWP unlike in GFWL where you had to click next to the button.

Isn't Quantum Break made by an in house developer ie a company under microsoft's umbrella?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, Squirrel724 said:

Yeah props to them for being a multi billion dollar company that took 10 years to improve to the level of flash game developers.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Isn't Quantum Break made by an in house developer ie a company under microsoft's umbrella?

No Remedy are 3rd party, Microsoft is just the publisher.

So?

When DICE fucks up we complain about EA. Same goes for AC games and Ubi, Treyark or IW for Activision, etc.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

So?

When DICE fucks up we complain about EA. Same goes for AC games and Ubi, Treyark or IW for Activision, etc.

The blame is on Microsoft for pushing a broken game out to shelves but they are not responsible for the code itself.

8 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

Yeah just found Tweak Town's numbers on the Windows Store release, looks like it's a bad game all round on PC. Well it never appealed to me anyway.

As for a Microsoft game that does appeal to me. I'm a bit miffed at the high CPU requirements for Forza Horizon 3. I have a 6600k and CPU utilisation hits 100% on all cores. Microsoft needs to throw some more developers behind it's Windows efforts.

I'm hitting 100% on an overclocked 6700.

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n

Just now, Squirrel724 said:

The blame is on Microsoft for pushing a broken game out to shelves but they are not responsible for the code itself.

The dev didn't manage to create one of the first DX12 and UWP games without Microsoft's direct help on their code, but whatever as long as we agree Microsoft loves to publish broken fucking games and products, GFWL anyone?

-------

Current Rig

-------

9 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Yeah, Microsoft is the publisher ie: they gave Remedy the money to make the game. So they are just as much to blame as Remedy.

I really like the games Microsoft makes (Forza, Halo, Gears), so I'll be the first to complain when they fuck up cause I want better from them.

Little off topic (well same thing, different game...)

does anyone know if this this will be the problem for gears of war 4 on PC?? I was really looking forward to playing it on my new build with a 1080, but I expect it to be just as graphically demanding as quantum :/ 

1 minute ago, Craigathorn said:

Little off topic (well same thing, different game...)

does anyone know if this this will be the problem for gears of war 4 on PC?? I was really looking forward to playing it on my new build with a 1080, but I expect it to be just as graphically demanding as quantum :/ 

Don't think it's the same dev but no way to know. I wouldn't preorder it though.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Don't think it's the same dev but no way to know. I wouldn't preorder it though.

I'll still preorder to play it on the Xbone as you get it for both PC and Xbone with one code thanks to the new play anywhere that Microsoft is doing it, but I'd still rather prefer it on my pccccccc :( 

43 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Should you need a motherfucking Titan XP (Since this game doesn't supports SLI or Crossfire, at all) to max out a game at 1080p....in 2016?

Honestly it's completely irrelevant this kind of performance is just unacceptable. But to answer your question the game does this by default with resolution scaling, meaning 1080p by default it's not really 1080p but just upscaled 720p.

Depends on the game, FFS. Remember Crysis, there was literally no hardware that could max it out at the time.

2 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Depends on the game, FFS. Remember Crysis, there was literally no hardware that could max it out at the time.

Fair point, but look at the video I posted. Does it looks so glorious it needs monstruos hardware to run? Or is it more close to a mediocre looking, run of the mill AAA title that's just extremely badly optimized?

-------

Current Rig

-------