BF4 e sports?

Hirad123

So do you guys think that with addition of spectator mode that BF4 will be much bigger in e sports that bf3 was? Also let's not forget the new obliteration game mode that apparently was tailor made for competitive play. What's your guys' opinion on this?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I hope so! Battlefield franchise has a lot of potential for competitive play.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

More than BF3? Probably, but will it be on the level of LoL, Dota 2 or Starcraft? Noooooooooope

I would hope so. Sadly from what I saw in BETA, maps might not play well in competive matches. Conquest has been the gamemode in esports as long as I have played matches. For it all flags need to be accessible by either infantry or vehicles or more by both. In Shanghai Skyscraper flag is too easily dominated by good chopper pilot. When its collapsed island gives more tactical point to that flag. Now, I know you can collapse it but problem is that without extra ammo you need couple snipers, tank and chopper to consentrate to it for too long time period. And while that tower can be let to be alone, good players can punish those trying to defend C/D flag.

Just spectator mode gives bit more to core Battlefield scene. It may bring some fresh blood to scene  but atm BF4 is still not as esport as it should.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Personally I am not a fan of BF4 esports. Battlefield's strength lies in the 64 man playground of chaos that are conquest and rush games. Trying to turn battlefield into counter strike is a bad move to me. The way I see it is why play the battlefield version of counter strike when I can play the counter strike version of counter strike?

I just think BF4 should play it's strengths and not try to venture into territory discovered 10 years ago and currently occupied now.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Not really, sadly. FPS games aren't very big in the eSports community these days (please don't mention CoD, from an eSports POV it's a disgrace).

FPS does have a strong and big E-sport community... Wat u talkin bout willis

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk | GPU: MSI TF3 7970 BE | Motherboard: M5A99FX-Pro-Rev 2.0 | RAM: Corsair Vengence LP 8GB (2x4) | PSU: Xigmatek Vector G 750W 80+ GOLD | Case: Thermaltake A71 | Storage: Seagate 1TB + WD 650GB

FPS does have a strong and big E-sport community... Wat u talkin bout willis

Not compared to say a game like LoL.

Not really, sadly. FPS games aren't very big in the eSports community these days (please don't mention CoD, from an eSports POV it's a disgrace).

Hmmm, I know that compared to LOL or something like that the FPS comunity in E-sports isn't huge but there are 80k CS:GO tournaments and I think that it will only take a truly good game for the competitive scene to pick up ye olde fps in competitive again.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Hmmm, I know that compared to LOL or something like that the FPS comunity in E-sports isn't huge but there are 80k CS:GO tournaments and I think that it will only take a truly good game for the competitive scene to pick up ye olde fps in competitive again.

Whether or not that's true I don't know, Quake III hasn't gotten any less good since it was released, it is still absolutely amazing. To be honest CS:GO doesn't even come close to good old CS 1.6, sure the graphics are better but it just feels a bit... wrong. I don't know maybe I'm just too old. >_<

Whether or not that's true I don't know, Quake III hasn't gotten any less good since it was released, it is still absolutely amazing. To be honest CS:GO doesn't even come close to good old CS 1.6, sure the graphics are better but it just feels a bit... wrong. I don't know maybe I'm just too old. >_<

I totally agree but I think there is still a huge FPS following and there are many people like me who just don't play MOBAs. I think CS:GO is a complete flop in terms of competitive considering even source had 160k competitive matches and I think it was because there was no real innovation in CS:GO, I enjoy the game but it doesn't add much over Source or 1.6 and I think that if DICE can introduce something truly new into the FPS category then it will succeed nut if not, it will undoubtedly be a competitive flop.

The same goes for Portal 3 and HL3, if they don't bring something new to the table they will not be rated well.

Just my two cents, I am sorry for ranting and I am quite possibly wrong.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

We'll have to see how different gamemodes really work. Like in End Game DLC DICE managed to make one of most basic gamemodes worst I've ever played (CTF) with just really bad map design. If there's good combination between maps and gamemodes plus easy adjustable server settings then we might get good tournaments and scene.

DICE sure is hoping so: http://battlefield.esl.eu/ ESL.... maybe 5v5 Dom is one to go. I will be watching match streams closely.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I know the EU scene has a good scene going but we got a late start on the BF3 scene. I ran the premiere league for BF3 for several seasons with a modest number of about 60+ teams for a couple of seasons at the Championship Gaming League (CGL). The intentions are to come back and get an earlier start on it and I plan on sticking with it this time because the competitive scene never really died as I had anticipated it was heading.

Anyhow, we just released an announcement that we are doing a tournament early on to hopefully help establish a North American scene but also help develop a ruleset that we can agree on. I think if we can organize the scene a little bit more earlier on then we'll be in better shape to keep the ball rolling.

I would love it if you guys have team and you would sign up. I'll be back here often to check for any comments, questions, or concerns you may have.

If you wish to sign up, the URL is thecgl.com

I know the EU scene has a good scene going but we got a late start on the BF3 scene. I ran the premiere league for BF3 for several seasons with a modest number of about 60+ teams for a couple of seasons at the Championship Gaming League (CGL). The intentions are to come back and get an earlier start on it and I plan on sticking with it this time because the competitive scene never really died as I had anticipated it was heading.

Anyhow, we just released an announcement that we are doing a tournament early on to hopefully help establish a North American scene but also help develop a ruleset that we can agree on. I think if we can organize the scene a little bit more earlier on then we'll be in better shape to keep the ball rolling.

I would love it if you guys have team and you would sign up. I'll be back here often to check for any comments, questions, or concerns you may have.

If you wish to sign up, the URL is thecgl.com

I would check it out... But im in Aus.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk | GPU: MSI TF3 7970 BE | Motherboard: M5A99FX-Pro-Rev 2.0 | RAM: Corsair Vengence LP 8GB (2x4) | PSU: Xigmatek Vector G 750W 80+ GOLD | Case: Thermaltake A71 | Storage: Seagate 1TB + WD 650GB

Thank you! I undertstand! How is the community in Aus?

Looks like it, yes. DICE has to work on spectator mode a bit, though. They should look at Valve and follow in their footsteps regarding SourceTV. A lot of people, including me, would rather want to watch it in-game, instead of on Twitch. Having 4 spectator slots per server is just silly.

Im waiting for a competition in versatility so I can win it

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

and at 5:40 I noticed the people playing are N00bs

Or just lack good communication. With like commander that would have been different situation. But yeah, basicly its just annoying to try to fix tank and they run away.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Or just lack good communication. With like commander that would have been different situation. But yeah, basicly its just annoying to try to fix tank and they run away.

Your also a noob? it wasnt about trying to fix the tank at all. I lost faith in battlefield community.

All the communication is in what the player can see by itself. theres no need to tell soemone needs to be revived when theres an indicator!

The guy has the bomb and tries to get in the tank. so they can go plant it. The 2 idiots inside the tank don't get out.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Your also a noob? it wasnt about trying to fix the tank at all. I lost faith in battlefield community.

All the communication is in what the player can see by itself. theres no need to tell soemone needs to be revived when theres an indicator!

The guy has the bomb and tries to get in the tank. so they can go plant it. The 2 idiots inside the tank don't get out.

You can't read? Like said, bad communication. I don't know if you have played any real clan matches but those tend to be pretty hectic and being on tank you need to keep that thing alive. They are both looking other way not knowing that carrier is trying to get in. So if they aren't in same squad there's no way of knowing what situation that is. For me as experienced clan match player that seem'd more like communication error than being noob.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You can't read? Like said, bad communication. I don't know if you have played any real clan matches but those tend to be pretty hectic and being on tank you need to keep that thing alive. They are both looking other way not knowing that carrier is trying to get in. So if they aren't in same squad there's no way of knowing what situation that is. For me as experienced clan match player that seem'd more like communication error than being noob.

The guys in the tank can look on the minimap and they are to blame 1000% for not doing so. looking map isnt special, its supposed to be normal.

They didnt making them total garbage. They earned the total grabage approval Tale medal

Well Halo and MLG went practically together hand in hand before 343i drove the multiplayer to the ground, it had a huge following.

Yeah dude, Halo 3 MLG was the shiz. My buddy had a team and knew everyone from Str8 Rippin.