Apple to open UK headquarters at Battersea Powerstation in London

Master Disaster

Battersea Powerstation is undergoing a multibillion pound restoration project and Apple have just secured a large spot in the new building for their UK Headquarters. 

Technology giant Apple is to make Battersea Power Station the home of its new London headquarters.

The famed Grade II listed building, which features four towering chimneys, is currently undergoing a multibillion-pound restoration.

The firm will become the largest office tenant at the former electricity generator, with 1,400 staff across six floors in the central boiler house.

An Apple spokesperson called the move a "great opportunity" for the company.

It said it would mean "its entire team [could] work and collaborate in one location while supporting the renovation of a neighbourhood rich with history".

Apple will move all current London based offices to the site and are expected to move into their new HQ in 2021 with their building taking 40% of the entire space available at the site.

The former coal-fired power station has stood unoccupied for decades on the banks of the River Thames.

Rob Tincknell, Battersea Power Station Development Company's CEO, said the new headquarters would "undoubtedly help" turn the area into "one of London's most thriving new communities".

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said Apple's decision was "a further sign that London is open to the biggest brands in the world", while Chancellor Philip Hammond called it "another vote of confidence in the UK economy".

Apple employees will move from various London offices into the building in 2021, taking up 40% of the space within the power station.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37497807

I've been to Battersea Powerstation and I can tell you, it's freaking huge. 40% of the entire site is one big ass HQ. 

I wonder if brexit has helped Apple to decide to open a UK HQ, I mean things might get more difficult for a company with no permanent base in UK to trade and sell here when we leave the EU. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I'll drive down there and personally egg & TP it :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I wonder if this is a move to get out of the grips of the EU after the whole Irish government saga?

1 minute ago, Curious Pineapple said:

I wonder if this is a move to get out of the grips of the EU after the whole Irish government saga?

Or a move to secure a decent tax break post brexit? 

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Same thing really, they'll get away with tax evading here too, except the EU won't be able to step in in the future.

4 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

I'll drive down there and personally egg & TP it :P

I'll join you. A bit of a trip though but well worth it. Also it means we will get away from the Jam if I live 500 miles away. They will never suspect me.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

1 minute ago, Curious Pineapple said:

Same thing really, they'll get away with tax evading here too, except the EU won't be able to step in in the future.

Exactly. They bought a huge chunk of land in London and theoretically will now do more business in London and in return they get a "business deal" on their UK tax affairs. 

Think my tinfoil hat is a bit tight tonight :P

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Exactly. They bought a huge chunk of land in London and theoretically will now do more business in London and in return they get a "business deal" on their UK tax affairs. 

Think my tinfoil hat is a bit tight tonight :P

Same as every other big company here, tax us poor bastards to death, but let corporations pay a few percent on billions in profit.

14 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Battersea Powerstation is undergoing a multibillion pound restoration project and Apple have just secured a large spot in the new building for their UK Headquarters. 

Apple will move all current London based offices to the site and are expected to move into their new HQ in 2021 with their building taking 40% of the entire space available at the site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37497807

I've been to Battersea Powerstation and I can tell you, it's freaking huge. 40% of the entire site is one big ass HQ. 

I wonder if brexit has helped Apple to decide to open a UK HQ, I mean things might get more difficult for a company with no permanent base in UK to trade and sell here when we leave the EU. 

Its a shame that an incredibly famous and protected building in England, is being sold to freaking apple, who uses slaves to make profits, yet, the Uk government is like, yep, we want to show the best of Britain by letting a slave workforce company rent one of the countries most famous buildings

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

2 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

Its a shame that an incredibly famous and protected building in England, is being sold to freaking apple, who uses slaves to make profits, yet, the Uk government is like, yep, we want to show the best of Britain by letting a slave workforce company rent one of the countries most famous buildings

To be fair, it was being redeveloped into office space a long time ago. It is wasn't Apple it would be someone else exactly because it's such an iconic building. 

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Or is it there are already many separated offices in England. Now Apple just plans to move them all to one centralized location. Then it may not has much to do with tax break. Also plan like this scale must have been in progress for months. So it should not be the result with Brexit.

So thats why the new iPhones are now black! Soot from the powerstation!

21 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

To be fair, it was being redeveloped into office space a long time ago. It is wasn't Apple it would be someone else exactly because it's such an iconic building. 

It would have been nice to have such an iconic building as a public space though, such as with the Bankside Power Station, now the Tate Modern. There are more than enough bland buildings in London to provide office space. Still it's grade 2 listed, so they can't ruin it completely.