Why no battery improvements

crysilis

i mean innovations in batteries have been incremental at best and i feel like we need better batteries

look at those drones that can fly for like 27 minutes

its stupid!

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

11 minutes ago, 79 Potatoes said:

OK, suggest new materials for batteries that doesn't cost a kidney, can be loaded a considerable ammount of times and is suitbale for mass production

humans?

pigs?

Deer? we have a ton of them

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

Because its a tricky part and can not be experimented ( once its out for consumers )

Don't you see what happened with galaxy Note 7 ?

They are blowing all over the place. 

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

26 minutes ago, crysilis said:

humans?

pigs?

Deer? we have a ton of them

What are you even talking about.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Liquid batteries are coming. So are organic. Problem is that making them usable in real world or taking build costs down is taking some time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

44 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

-snip-

It takes more than a human being to understand. What the person is refering to is the KNOWLEDGE of the Gods.

Groomlake Authority

52 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

What are you even talking about.

put 10 whiny kids in bikes that have generators attached to them to charge your phone and laptop wirelessly

This is a signature.

There's prolly a lot of stuff out there but it's just too expensive/inconvinient to produce for public usage. No Jetsons yet, folks.

My vision is some kind of device that captures electrons directly from the air.

For now ill stick to my army of hamsters on wheels.

Whos to say behind the scenes the majors arent playing around with new tech for batteries?

They dont want the batteries to explode and take down airplanes, and burn down houses, like LiPo batteries do. I think they are focus on density right now, thats why we got 3.5Ah batteries. Once we reach 5Ah batteries with decent discharge rates ~10A and up then its a different ball game right there. Cans, not ziplock bags.

Contrary to what you seem to think, research is being done on batteries that make Li-Ion batteries look like shit in terms of battery life, but they have to make sure they don't explode, wear out fast, can be recharged from partial charges repeatedly without wearing fast, as well as not being the size of a laptop.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

just wanna mention that with the battery technology of yesteryear that drone would fly for all of one minute before dropping out the sky like a brick.

the motors on drone propellers draw a metric butt ton of power, a quadcopter i disassembled after *slightly too close contact with the ground* had a 72 watt motor on all 4 corners.

yes my friend, that is almost 300 watts just going into the motors, beyond that there's also the on-board electronics and communication, all coming from a battery pack that is smaller than your 80's brick phone.

8 hours ago, crysilis said:

i mean innovations in batteries have been incremental at best and i feel like we need better batteries

look at those drones that can fly for like 27 minutes

its stupid!

From what I read. Li Ion Batteries are at the limit of what they can do. So now we gotta count on some one at a University or NASA or something to find a better way to make batteries.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

From what I read. Li Ion Batteries are at the limit of what they can do. So now we gotta count on some one at a University or NASA or something to find a better way to make batteries.  

with current lithium technology they basicly are.

that said, some lab has been experimenting with replacing one of the layers of the cell structure, more specificly the thickest layer, possibly -if this tech ends up coming trough in the state it is in its current experimental stage- up to 90% of space saved, in other words this newer technology could make li-ion technology 10x more dense (but it'd probably also mean 10x more unstabile because there's 10x more dangerous materials in one cell)