Corsair RM Series

Adisaur
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
3 minutes ago, Adisaur said:

Oh lol thanks. Where I live the G2 is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced and only the RM650 is available... What 's different beween that, the RMi & the RMx

The differences between the RMi and RMx are very small, with a better fan on the RMi being the main one. The RM series, on the other hand is an older unit. It has lower quality secondary caps and the overall component quality isn't as good. Still decent units, but not the best. If it's the only one available, it's fine to go for. They're in no way dangerous or particularly bad. 

Hey guys! I was looking into buying either one of the RM650, RM650i and RM650X. Does anyone know which is the best? Also, how do these compare to the EVGA Supernova 650W G2 power supply?

Thanks!

The RMi and the RMx are the same unit, but the RMi has a better fan and you can check power consumption and voltages with Corsair Link.

Between the G2 and the RMi/RMx I would get the cheapest one.

I was also thinking of building a gtx 1070 rig. And the RM650x series looks good.

The RMi series are the best of the three, but the RMx is still very good. 

G2 and RMi/x are about the same in terms of quality, so I'd go for the cheapest one. 

11 minutes ago, Adisaur said:

Hey guys! I was looking into buying either one of the RM650, RM650i and RM650X. Does anyone know which is the best? Also, how do these compare to the EVGA Supernova 650W G2 power supply?

Thanks!

Get the cheapest one, they're all good psu's

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

10 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

The RMi series are the best of the three, but the RMx is still very good. 

G2 and RMi/x are about the same in terms of quality, so I'd go for the cheapest one. 

3 minutes ago, SeanAngelo said:

Get the cheapest one, they're all good psu's

12 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

The RMi and the RMx are the same unit, but the RMi has a better fan and you can check power consumption and voltages with Corsair Link.

Between the G2 and the RMi/RMx I would get the cheapest one.

11 minutes ago, Plavi said:

I was also thinking of building a gtx 1070 rig. And the RM650x series looks good.

SORRY GUYS Meant the EVGA GS cause that's Seasonic and Seasonic is bae

RM is a good unit. It is a good choice, but it can be over priced depending on your region.

RMi and RMx are based on the same platform as the HXi, they are very good and I would highly recommend. The RMi has built in monitoring, so if you want interesting statistics, it is the one to get, it also has a better fan than the RMx. The RMx does not have the monitoring capabilities and has a lesser fan, still an amazing unit though.

The EVGA G2 is also an amazing unit and I would recommend getting it. 

Edit.

The EVGA GS is also a good unit, not as good as the G2 and RMi/RMx, but it is still very good.

2 minutes ago, Adisaur said:

SORRY GUYS Meant the EVGA GS cause that's Seasonic and Seasonic is bae

The GS series isn't quite as good as the G2 units. That said, I'd still just go for the cheapest between the RMi/x and GS/G2 as they're all good units. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

The GS series isn't quite as good as the G2 units. That said, I'd still just go for the cheapest between the RMi/x and GS/G2 as they're all good units. 

Oh lol thanks. Where I live the G2 is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced and only the RM650 is available... What 's different beween that, the RMi & the RMx

3 minutes ago, Adisaur said:

The differences between the RMi and RMx are very small, with a better fan on the RMi being the main one. The RM series, on the other hand is an older unit. It has lower quality secondary caps and the overall component quality isn't as good. Still decent units, but not the best. If it's the only one available, it's fine to go for. They're in no way dangerous or particularly bad. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

The differences between the RMi and RMx are very small, with a better fan on the RMi being the main one. The RM series, on the other hand is an older unit. It has lower quality secondary caps and the overall component quality isn't as good. Still decent units, but not the best. If it's the only one available, it's fine to go for.

Oh... I'll try to find a RMi but thanks anyway! I however have a Corsair 400c and people were saying that they were having trouble fitting the RMi in this case.

1 minute ago, Mobby Dick said:

I got the G2 650W a few days ago and love it :) 

oooo O_o dyu mind posting your build?

31 minutes ago, Mobby Dick said:

You mean the specs?

Yeah

1 hour ago, Adisaur said:

Yeah

AMD FX-8350 (I don't like it ^^)

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3

Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX 960 4gb (Also not the best...)

Asus M5a99x

G-Skill Ares 16gb

Samsung 850 evo 250gb

Some 1TB HDD

Asus Xonar DX (sound card)

Some DVD writer thing

Corsair 200r

EVGA G2 650W (obviously :D)