First-Generation iPhones are Now Collector's Items worth thousands

Youbetternot

I forgot how insanely ugly the first gen iPhone was.

This isn't a collectors item, it's a novelty.

Filthy Fanboy. An iMac, an iPhone, and an iPad. How have you survived on this forum?!?!

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Filthy Fanboy. An iMac, an iPhone, and an iPad. How have you survived on this forum?!?!

Because people are respectful.  They respect my choices and any input I have on them they know is first hand and real.  Unlike anything you say.  I'm not a fanboy, I just have a lot of money but don't game often enough to warrant an expensive gaming PC at the moment, which if I did, I'd easily spend over $3,000 on.  Same thing can be said about your filthy Google obsession with your broken operating system that doesn't work properly on anything besides a nexus device.  The Nexus phones are yet to impress me personally, the only good thing is straight updates from google and a reliable OS, although my iPhone already has those.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

JAKEBAB, on 18 Oct 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

lol just looked on ebay aus u can get them for about $100 Aud

Yeah, I just quickly browsed through eBay Australia and they're selling for about $120 each (mind you, they are opened but the sellers claim they are in good condition).

This post/spike in price proves the superiority of those who believe in our merciful lord and savior, Google.

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I think even 120$ is ridiculous amounts of money from a phone that is six years old and has really nothing special about it. And I don't think first gen iPhone being collectors item any time soon. I can't remember how many they sold but it has to be millions. I bet there are still many original iPhones around. So if it seems like the prices would go up, more people would start to sell them and then there would be oversupply of iPhones and the prices would drop. Nobody in their right mind would pay thousands of dollars from a device that is basically worthless. If somebody is actually so stupid, they would have lost their money some way or another regardless.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

im gonna a few for my unlocked iphone 4 to get expensive and then buy a awesome pc

Think this only applies for new in box iPhones. I have one and it doesnt have the original box.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

is people insane?

apple brainwashing is more powerful that i though, damn

oreot.jpg

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

• 3 weeks later...

I call REPOST for that WAN Show topic

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Did you throw your first gen iphone away?

I threw mine away about 2 years ago :( I'm slowly going to be depressed

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I threw mine away about 2 years ago :( I'm slowly going to be depressed

Good we are bringing this thread back 

3380-excellent-raccoon.png

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Still blows my mind how things made in the same century are still considered RARE! Oooo 10 years ago damn a piece of plastic with a little damn computer in it! Don't forget it was designed in California! And made by young kids in china don't forget that either...

is people insane?

apple brainwashing is more powerful that i though, damn

oreot.jpg

I work for the NSA Our brainwashing is even more dramatic... We made every think that this country was under terrorist attacks to use that as an excuse to spy on all of you ;) Blue jay is actually not a bird wahahah @Bluejay0

Still blows my mind how things made in the same century are still considered RARE! Oooo 10 years ago damn a piece of plastic with a little damn computer in it! Don't forget it was designed in California! And made by young kids in china don't forget that either...

Yea I know right, a piece of plastic for all the moneys 

Yea I know right, a piece of plastic for all the moneys 

Thats the amount of money everyone has in the Usa in their bank accounts. This country is failing and these idiots buy plastic microchipped phones for thousands... 

I will truthfully say, I don't wanna live with my generation of people anymore.

I've been saying that since I was 12.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People are just stupid and greedy, end of story. they are not rare, they are not worth that. An original apple 1 might be worth a few bob, but nothing made in the last 20 years.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Apple first gen iphone was released in 2007 and only 6 year have pass and now we have it spiking up to thousands of dollars. You should keep your old phones because apples first gen iphones are now going for sale for thousands of dollars. It is not considered a collector's item. So if you have any old iphones don't destroy them or throw them away, they can soon be worth a lot.

To be honset nobody will buy it, well not yet

attachicon.gifbandicam 2013-10-18 06-24-56-678.jpghttp://www.ebay.com/itm/iPhone-2G-16GB-Brand-New-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-First-Gen-/141073306833?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item20d89fd4d1

attachicon.gifbandicam 2013-10-18 06-25-01-202.jpghttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-1st-Generation-8GB-AT-T-2G-VERY-RARE-SEALED-BOX-COLLECTORS-NEW-/111186378884?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item19e3398084

attachicon.gifbandicam 2013-10-18 06-25-03-877.jpghttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-Apple-iPhone-2G-4GB-1st-generation-/141064937391?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item20d8201faf

Ebay search

attachicon.gifbandicam 2013-10-18 06-32-46-745.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=apple+first+gen+iphone&_sop=3

source: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/first-generation-iphones-now-being-135731925.html

These are Second gen actually not first :P

i can't believe they had all those watchers

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros

Who in their right mind will buy a phone thats outdated, slow and unsupported. Also does this mean I can sell my 90's nokia for 10k?

I paid $200 for a Virtual Boy in the box just to have it, it sucks but it can't defeat my Nintendo fanboyism.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

People keep in mind that this doesn't mean your cracked and scratched iPhone will be worth $1000. Only new in box

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

i have two first gen iphones in my desk. Who wants them for 20,000 dollars

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Who in their right mind will buy a phone thats outdated, slow and unsupported. Also does this mean I can sell my 90's nokia for 10k?

Hah.... nope... Because it's not apple.