EU scraps 90 day limit on free roaming

zMeul
1 minute ago, zMeul said:

BS

if tomorrow I'll start to use and UK e-mail service, does the UK company has to start building their own infrastructure here in .ro!? no, they dodn't

No, not for email (and as such, you probably use an email service run by a US company like Google or Microsoft). But mobile networks aren't magic, they require transmitters to work, and those transmitters have to be physically constructed (and, to get decent coverage, you need a lot of them).

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

No, not for email (and as such, you probably use an email service run by a US company like Google or Microsoft). But mobile networks aren't magic, they require transmitters to work, and those transmitters have to be physically constructed (and, to get decent coverage, you need a lot of them).

really, and e-mail is magic? :dry:

Just now, zMeul said:

really, and e-mail is magic?

Email is a protocol that runs on the internet. The provider needs hardware to run it, but that hardware doesn't need to be physically located close to you.

Mobile networks require infrastructure to be constructed close to the user.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

Email is a protocol that runs on the internet. The provider needs hardware to run it, but that hardware doesn't need to be physically located close to you.

Mobile networks require infrastructure to be constructed close to the user.

e-mail is much more than an internet protocol and does requite hardware infrastructure between me and that service provider

some of witch was constructed by my ISP

and guess what? that's exactly how roaming works

12 hours ago, zMeul said:

e-mail is much more than an internet protocol and does requite hardware infrastructure between me and that service provider

some of witch was constructed by my ISP

and guess what? that's exactly how roaming works

The internet infrastructure is not part of the email service. Email providers transport messages across the existing infrastructure, the same way the post office sends letters and packages across roads that already exist.

The problem here is, someone in France will be able to "drive" on the French infrastructure while really only paying for the Romanian infrastructure.

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎23 at 1:56 AM, zMeul said:

I wold not know about that, they gave it as an example

for example, let's take the cheapest plan in RO vs UK, as I could find from Vodafone

RO - 9EU/month gives you: unlimited minutes and SMSs in .ro; 3GB of data 4G; 100 minutes internationally; bonus 25 minutes in roaming

UK - 9.5 pounds/month gives you: 250minutes in UK and 250MB of data

There are plans in RO that are 5EU/month and you just get unlimited Data Europe wide.  It's been a year since I visited, but this was what was offered at the time.  It was a new company that was trying to become the leader over in RO.

On 22/09/2016 at 6:26 PM, zMeul said:

last time I heard, some hurt is coming UK's way - all car components manufacturers plan to eject from UK and move to Eastern Europe

Stop believing the fear mongering

On 23.9.2016 at 0:37 PM, laminutederire said:

In France 10€/ month can give you up to sms, mms and calls all unlimited with 5GB of 4G. And you're right, there are always huge differences in prices

Just to say, you are comparing way too cheap countries.

Here we have the cheapest deal is 4.90€/month which includes unlimited 2G and you pay for every call and sms. Cheapest unlimited 4G (cutted down to max. 50Mbit/s) is (if we don't take into account sale prices) 22,90€/month and again you pay for calls and sms.

If you take into account everything then probably the cheapest deal is to pay 30.90€/month (26.90€/month for the first 12 months) for 1200 mins calls and 1200 sms and unlimited 4G with no extra charges when using in Nordic and Baltic countries and 600Mt data in other EU countries, why this is cheap? Well if you don't have high morality you also have free Spotify Premium (operator gives 3 months free Spotify Premium but it seems to reset every month so after using it 3 months for fee, you stop the service and after your Spotify account goes Free, you just reactivate the service and you have again 3 months free Premium). But the carrier is total shit (TeliaSonera), there is times when the 4G or 3G or both don't work without any notices and even their customer service doesn't know or doesn't tell why and how long, they change names of their packages every now and then to make things as hard as possible and usually they cut down the packages (like I have had now 50GB/month 4G with 100 mins calls and 100 sms with ~22€/month for 2 years, now you cannot even get that package and if you want 4G you pay atleast 24.90€/month and you get 10GB/month 4G and calls and sms as the 30.90€/month package), they have probably the worst customer service because you even wait on the phone hours or you talk to a machine and they call you back when they can (last time took them 2 days to call me back when the 4G network was down for 24 hours) and you never ever want them to be your hardline ISP, they suck in that even more.