Corsair 350D or Fractal Design Arc Midi R2. Airflow wise.

epicapple01

My system specs are

i7 4770K
ASRock Z87 Pro 3
8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 x 2 (16GB)
Crucial M500 120GB
2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200
Zotac GTX 780 AMP!
Rosewill Capstone 650M Gold
Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme

------------------------------------------

My question is now, which is best, airflow wise. The Fractal Design has 3 140mm fans. But since me cpu cooler is a 240mm, I will shift the top 140 to the front. Meaning, 2 140mm in the front for intake and 1 120mm for exhaust and same goes to the cpu cooler, 2x 120mm fans as exhaust.

or

Corsairs 350D. I honestly like the look much more. Comes with 2 fans, 1 140mm in the front, and 120mm in the rear.
The 140mm is in the middle, and is direct airflow to the Graphics card.

My only problem with the 350d is that the top and rear (exhaust) has no DUST FILTER.

But, do you really need dust filters in exhaust? since the intake already has dust filters.
Will the case still be dust free?

What do you guys think? Is any case fine? Will either of them do good?

Please keep in mind that the 350D is only mATX, you'll need a new motherboard to get it to fit.

Personally I'd go for the Midi, not only because it will fit, but because it appears to have excellent airflow.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Please keep in mind that the 350D is only mATX, you'll need a new motherboard to get it to fit.

Personally I'd go for the Midi, not only because it will fit, but because it appears to have excellent airflow.

I can change the motherboard anytime :). Still planning the build. 

But does the corsair 350d. also have excellent airflow? And does it matter if the exhaust fans have dust filter? Will the case still be dust proof?

But does the corsair 350d. also have excellent airflow? And does it matter if the exhaust fans have dust filter? Will the case still be dust proof?

The case has pretty decent airflow, if you are worried about dust you can get these:

http://www.corsair.com/us/parts/case-parts/350d-dust-filter-kit-front-and-bottom-psu.html

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I can change the motherboard anytime :). Still planning the build. 

Exhaust doesn't have to be filtered. If you keep a positive air pressure in your case (more intakes that outlets), then you shouldn't worry too much about dust building up.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I have the Corsair 350D and I can say that it is the best case I have ever had! Airflow is excellent! I installed 2x high RPM 140mm fans in the front as intakes, 2x 140mm fans came with my H110 and are in the top as exhaust and I have an extremely slow and quiet 400RPM Cooler Master fan in the back as an exhaust only to keep dust from entering the case. You won't need dust filters on the outlets so don't worry bout that.  If you want to see a finished build with everything installed in the Corsair 350D, you can check out my build log, it's in my signature. :) 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Exhaust doesn't have to be filtered. If you keep a positive air pressure in your case (more intakes that outlets), then you shouldn't worry too much about dust building up.

I have the Corsair 350D and I can say that it is the best case I have ever had! Airflow is excellent! I installed 2x high RPM 140mm fans in the front as intakes, 2x 140mm fans came with my H110 and are in the top as exhaust and I have an extremely slow and quiet 400RPM Cooler Master fan in the back as an exhaust only to keep dust from entering the case. You won't need dust filters on the outlets so don't worry bout that.  If you want to see a finished build with everything installed in the Corsair 350D, you can check out my build log, it's in my signature. :)

Thanks guys :)

Both the Corsair Obsidian Series 350D and the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 are great cases with plenty of airflow. It really boils down to budget and personal aesthetic preference. I've got a Fractal case for my mini-ITX server build and love it so I can vouch for Fractal cases.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

I would go with the 350D because it offers better airflow by not using foam filters like the R2 which helps to dampen sound.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I would go with the 350D because it offers better airflow by not using foam filters like the R2 which helps to dampen sound.

that foam only stays there if you don't occupy that spot with a fan so it actually doesn't inhibit any air flow. it's called modu-vent I believe... but I can't personally speak for either case  :P

that foam only stays there if you don't occupy that spot with a fan so it actually doesn't inhibit any air flow. it's called modu-vent I believe... but I can't personally speak for either case 

negative, the foam on the front intake panel is the filter (not a mod-u-vent

sound dampening element). mod-u-vent is for the define series not the arc series.

the arc fan sound is muffled a bit through the foam filter versuses the slot/mesh

filter the 350D offers. both have dual 140 fan capabilities, and for an air-cooled

case, either would be a good choice. but the arc midi is ATX, so you have

expansion for better cooling of GPU SLI/CFX if needed, a lot more room for possible

future water cooling ideas if need be. the 350D would fill up quicker in water cooling

than the arc with less room. arc is far better for water cooling than the 350D, hence

corsairs 750D.