OK, decided to get new PC as old not worth upgrade, please advise

TerTer

Hello there, 

i had posted a thread here if i should upgrade my Phenom II x965 pc, what i got that not much is worth the upgrade to get significant performance increase. So decided i will spend the money.

So what i can spend, is about 950euros. PC will be mainly used for gaming. I have monitor 1080p, 60Hz and peripherals, so will need just the case (with everything).

I'm from Lithiania.

What i looked at is this:  http://pcpartpicker.com/list/w4r89W

This build by me would cost me 920 euros.

Also have a HDD that i will add into this case from old pc.

Would like to hear opinions if this is a nice and good build?

I wanted 1070, but that's +180-200euros :( As cheapers is around 460+ euros.

I wanted this case: 

FRACTAL DESIGN Core 1100 Black

But i see that probably card will not allow then to have 2 disks in pc and afraid card might not fight in width, lenght is ok.

Any suggestions, comments appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edit: Forgot to add DVD-RW in list as i want it also. :/

Seems a good base to work from and should be fine. DVD player could be added later and is not costing the world if you are really out of budget.

However I would suggest that if you can spend on a K CPU and Z170 the usable lifespan can be far better. If your current case ain't to bad and fits all new stuff you can skip currently on case and use money for the CPU or GPU if you prefer. Means you need to set it over later though...

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

2 hours ago, Gonio said:

Seems a good base to work from and should be fine. DVD player could be added later and is not costing the world if you are really out of budget.

However I would suggest that if you can spend on a K CPU and Z170 the usable lifespan can be far better. If your current case ain't to bad and fits all new stuff you can skip currently on case and use money for the CPU or GPU if you prefer. Means you need to set it over later though...

I agree. If you have a current PC, the  just transfer your DVD player. I haven't bought an optical drive since 2008... and I've only used it once in the past 2 years. Not really a life necessity considering mountable USB and Steam.

Definitely get a CPU and board that will last you and will and low more growth. Future expansion should always be a consideration. The board may cost and low little more up front, but make future upgrades cheaper since you may not need new boards.

Also, bronze certified PSU? I'm no expert, but many people seem to have issues with certain PSU's frying CPU, GPU, and other hardware. Many users even have new gear that gets damaged by a shoddy PSU.

I'm not a PSU expert, but maybe someone who does km now can comment on it one way or another.

If you want a GTX 1070, than i will recommend you to remove that 500 Gb 750 evo SSD from you list & move that money toward GPU.  

SSD is not going to increase you Gaming FPS .After spending money on GPU, if you can't afford a decent 240 - 250Gb SSD. Than i will recommend to add a SSD later.

It is very simple to add a SSD later

2 hours ago, amit523dutta said:

If you want a GTX 1070, than i will recommend you to remove that 500 Gb 750 evo SSD from you list & move that money toward GPU.  

SSD is not going to increase you Gaming FPS .After spending money on GPU, if you can't afford a decent 240 - 250Gb SSD. Than i will recommend to add a SSD later.

It is very simple to add a SSD later

Especially since most SSD's come with Acronis.