[video card rant]What idiots are buying these?

bcredeur97

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-1080-Founders-Edition-Video-Graphics-Card-GPU-8GB-/252410904051?hash=item3ac4dcbdf3:g:WkoAAOSwMNxXWN7~

look at this. 22 sold. What on earth? 

Who in their right mind would spend that much money($1975.95 if you don't want to look) on a single 1080?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Ebay might be saying 22 from othert sellers with the same product

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Is there a way of knowing what price they were sold at?

Because I would assume that they raised the price to 2k because they are low on stock, and the 22 people bought it at the standard price.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Because I would assume that they raised the price to 2k because they are low on stock, and the 22 people bought it at the standard price.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=252410904051&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

2 minutes ago, Fungal said:

Good deal

lol.

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

No there isn't -- and you make a good point. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 of the 22 were bought at $835 dollars all by one person, which is still a high price but not almost 2 grand.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

lol.

No there isn't -- and you make a good point. 

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=252410904051&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Just now, Trav_X said:

4 of the 22 were bought at $835 dollars all by one person, which is still a high price but not almost 2 grand.

that's only 4 people. 

What about the other 80%+ of the buyers? lol

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

that's only 4 people. 

What about the other 80%+ of the buyers? lol

They are stupid :P only thing I can come up with xD 

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Just now, Trav_X said:

They are stupid :P only thing I can come up with xD 

I just can't believe it when I see stuff like this haha. 

Spoiler

It better run Crysis at 4k 60fps with it. 2000 dollars geez

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

I spent $1100 on mine to get it off Ebay back when they were basically unavailable or out of stock everywhere. But yea 2k is a lot.

Just now, BingoFishy said:

well it is apple. if they make gpu it would be more expensive than a quadro or a titan xp while still have performance of an integrated gpu

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

well it is apple. if they make gpu it would be more expensive than a quadro or a titan xp while still have performance of a dedicated gpu

Not sure what apple has to do with it, but my point was that it was a used iPhone 6 going for a reasonable price ($399). Someone bid $9,999, then someone bid $100 over them.

Specs:

Not sure what apple has to do with it, but my point was that it was a used iPhone 6 going for a reasonable price ($399). Someone bid $9,999, then someone bid $100 over them.

well Apple usually sell expensive stuff you know

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

well Apple usually sell expensive stuff you know

Apple wasn't selling it.

Specs:

Apple blow my mind sometimes. Well not apple, let me rephrase:

iSheep blow my mind sometimes.

Spoiler

Apple wasn't selling it.

At least it was unlocked

Well damn, if only I had known it was so easy to trick people into throwing money at you, lol. I can't fathom how can people be so stupid. I am inclined to think that those might be drug deals disguised as overpriced junk, but I guess "never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" applies.

Just now, PanchoBarrancas said:

Well damn, if only I had known it was so easy to trick people into throwing money at you, lol. I can't fathom how can people be so stupid. I am inclined to think that those might be drug deals disguised as overpriced junk, but I guess "never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" applies.

You have an interesting point. What if the sales are fake sales just to try to get it on top of the ebay lists so people see it and possibly buy it? 

Like what if only 2 of the 22 buyers are real lol

Spoiler