My CPU has conflicting Temp reads

Go to solution Solved by SLAYR,

Amd apus measure temperature with a thermal margin (temp until max temp), the only software that cen reliably read it is AMD Overdrive.

So I have just installed a CoolerMaster hyper 212 EVO onto my AMD A10-5800k. Before I was using just the stock heatsink and was getting around a constant 70-85 degrees Celsius. After installing the Hyper 212 EVO, msi afterburner and coretemp 1.3 both show that the cpu is at 0-25 degrees Celsius, while HWMonitor shows it at a cozy 47-72 degrees Celsius. Anyone have an idea of whats going on? Maybe I Installed the Hyper 212 EVO wrong, but then again I feel like the computer wouldn't be on if that were the case. Could it be that msi afterburner and Coretemp are just reading inaccurately? I attached a screenshot of all of the readings. I'm just super confused as to what is going on right now T-T. Anyway thank you in advance ^-^.Capture.PNG

do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right, Because their words had forked no lightening they, Do not go gentle  into that good night.  -Dylan Thomas

Amd apus measure temperature with a thermal margin (temp until max temp), the only software that cen reliably read it is AMD Overdrive.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

My first thought is that MSI Afterburner and CoreTemp aren't playing well with AMD's sensor.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

6 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

6 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

My first thought is that MSI Afterburner and CoreTemp aren't playing well with AMD's sensor.

Went and installed AMD overdrive and it's giving me roughly the same readings as HWmonitor so I'm guessing that msi after burner and core temp are indeed just not playing well with it. but now that I see overdrive giving me the about 65-66 degrees celsius average I'm not as worried as before.

EDIT: Thank you guys for your answers and helpful pointers. Really is cool that within 2 minutes of posting I already had some very helpful info. Again thank you guys ^-^

do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right, Because their words had forked no lightening they, Do not go gentle  into that good night.  -Dylan Thomas