Project PS2PC- (e3-1230v3 Xeon + GTX 1060 in a PlayStation 2) [WIP]

*To the mods, Please don't take this down anymore, I've managed to fix the problems on this post :)

IMG_20160713_180152252.jpg

A little ambitious for a first time builder but this is something I've had in the works for a while. Since starting to watch LTT, other "TechTubers" and reading this forum about two years ago, I've wanted to build my own desktop. I originally wanted to build something very budget oriented with an AMD FX-6300 or FX-8320 and R9 280 in the inexpensive yet clean looking Corsair Carbide 200r to create what I thought was good combination of price to performance at trhe time

However, after saving up more money and the release of the of new products, I fell in love with the original Bitfenix Pandora with it's unique curved side panels and LCD display on the front. Although there were many restrictions in choice of hardware due to the slim design profile of the Pandora at 160 mm wide, I was set on a matx build. I didn't mind the idea of the case only have a small selection of hardware to choose from as it helped me narrow the huge selection of available hardware. Then along with the sudden rise of clean looking black and white themed build, I also came across the Asus TUF Gryphon Z87/Z97 matx motherboard with the thermal armor that could easily be spray painted white. So I was set on a black and white themed build and even considered spray painting the inside of the Bitfenix Pandora and any GPU I decided to get. I started searching for more blackand white coloured parts like white Kingston HyperX RAM, Aerocool's Dead Silence LED fans, and Bitfenix's presleeved Fury line of PSUs. While waiting of deals and the right time to bite the bullet and start buying parts, Intel released their Skylake line of CPUs and matx motherboards began to raise in price and became more rare, expecially the Asus TUF Gryphon.(Note that Asus doesn't have the matx Gryphon for Z170/LGA1151). Soon my new desktop became a project that would be left on the backburner.

Fast forward a bit in time I come across two really interesting builds that were logged on this forum that inspired my current build. The first one, Little Mac, really packed a punch (pun intented) as it featred the GTX 970 in an itx form factor made by gigabyte but was still small enough to only be 4.2L in Volume and could be hung behind a TV and be used an HTPC. Although the idea is nothing revolutionary nor original, I had already thought about stripping out one of my extra PS2s that my uncles had given me and was just laying around but didn't really think that buildinga PC inside of it was possble until I saw the second build, Potenially Unpossible, that used the Slim varient of the PS2. It was then I new that I would ditch the Bitfenix Pandora build for the novilty of having a PC running inside the case of a PS2. 

Little Mac:

Potenially Unpossible 

Several months and many PCpartpicker lists later, I have com to this; Project PS2PC. 

Main Parts List:

Blue- Bought and Aquired

Yellow- Ordered and waiting for shippment

Red- Undecided

CPU- Intel Xeon e3-1230v3- $320 (Used)

CPU Cooler- Zalman CNPS2X

Motherboard- AsRock z97E-ITX/AC

RAM- 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black (2x8GB)- $107

Storage- Samsung 850 250GB SSD- $101

Storage- Old 320gb mechanical hard drive from a laptop.

PSU- Corsair SF600

Case Fans 50mm or 60mm

GPU- Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB ITX

Mod Parts

PCI-e x16 riser cable

Front panel power switch

Front panel USB 3.0 & audio

Motherboard standoff/ mounts

Peripherals

Keyboard- Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Browns)

Mouse- Logitech G700s

Headphones- Sennhieser HD 598 SE (Black edition)

Monitor- LG 27MP35HQ 60hz 27.0"

*Prices in Canadian dollars and include sales taxes unless bought used

Parts Rationale

Spoiler

CPU- e3-1230v3

The predecessor to the infamous e3-1231v3 that is known to be the ultimate sweet spot in Intel's lineup. The only main differences between the Haswell based 1230v3 and Haswell Refresh 1231v3 is literally 100mhz increase on both the base and boost clocks and the improved thermal interface used on the Devil's Canyon/ Haswell Refresh chips that should technically improve the horrid thermals of the Haswell parts. I went for the 1230v3 because I I found a deal on a used chip that was about $35 less than the retail price of the 1231v3 and allow me to avoid paying an extra ~$45 in sales taxes, so I would save about ~$80 on a marginally lesser chip. For about the price of the generation's unlocked i5 (4670k/4690k) you get the 8 thread goodness of an i7 with hyperthreading and lower TDP but with the caveat of being locked and the exclusion of an igpu. Not having graphics on the CPU is usually non issue for enthusiasts who have discrete GPUs in their rigs but does come in handy when troubleshooting if the graphics card goes wrong in any way.  

Another option would to stick with the 4770s/4790s as they have an even lower TDP of only 65W and only 100-300mhz slower than their Xeon equivalents. However pricing and availability was not in my favor. So a I also looked at jumping to the Skylake platform and go for the 6600 or 6700 (non K) as they are also rated at the lower 65W but at over $150 more, it wasn't worth going for the new platform as it would offer much more in performance or features that I would use, plus the slightly higher cost of DDR4 and h/z170motherboards also played into consideration.

CPU Cooler- TBD

With most of the vertical space being taken up by the GPU nad motherboard, I'm only left with about 30mm of clearence left in the case for the CPU cooler, therefore my options are serverly limited. The most appealing choice at about $30 is the Zalman CNPS2X as is only 27mm in height and designed to where in the fan is inside of the heatsink, meaning that there is no extra clearance required for a standard fan.However, due to this design, this cooler features the least surface area but is avertised to be able to handle CPUs with up to 120W.  The other main options are the Noctua NH-L9i, Silverstone AR05, or Phanteks PH-TC90LS but all have heatsinks that measure ~30mm in height before adding a fan, meaning I would either have to run them fanless (which probably doesn't have enough cooling capacity) or try something a little more creative and try to mount the GPU over the CPU heatsink so that the GPU fan can also act as a passive fan, A different option would be to go with something a little different and get a server oriented/built cooler from Dynatron like the K199 (the same brand that Linus used in his most recent "Ultimate Compact Gaming PC" video. An even more unique option in rtying to cool the Xeon is trying some new technology from CoolChip (the company that showcased kinetic cooling at Cooler Master's booth at CES 2015)... that is if I'm able to reach out to them and get a unit as they arn't selling their cooler in retail yet.

Motherboard-AsRock z97E-ITX/AC

When on sale and after a mail in rebate, this board was about the same price as the limited options of h97 mitx boards from the likes of Asus and Gigabyte and AsRock themselves. With the higher end chipset (although the CPU has a locked multiplier) and the inclusion of heatsinks on the VRMs (something most other mainstream mitx boards don't include) this board only made sense over the other options. For the itx form factor, this board is extremely packed with features as it includes AC wireless and an M.2 slot on the back for future storage upgrades without taking up any more real estate in the case. But a huge deciding factor of getting this board over GIgabyte's offering was that it has an 8-pin EPS CPU header as opposed to the 4-pin found on the Gigabyte z97 and other h97 boards (other than Asus). 

RAM-16GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black (2x8GB)

Kingston's HyperX fury line is pretty popular and has a decent reputation  of being reliable. Although I don't regret brand of RAM I chose since "RAM is RAM", I do regret the timing in which I bought it at. When purchased on Boxing Day last year, prices of DDR3 were begining to fall after the release of DDR4 so I decided to go for a 16gb kit @ $95 CAD before taxes rather than a 8gb kit like I had originally planned. However the same kit of RAM can be had for $75 CAD today and other kits are going for even less than $70.

Storage-Samsung 850 250GB SSD

Probably regarded as one of the best overall line of SSDs in terms of price to performance, overall price, reliability, aesthetics, and warranty. I currently have an 840 EVO running in my laptop an I haven't had any issues so the 850 was the logical step up and a good deal on Boxing Day made the choice even easier

PSU- Corsair SF450

Before Corsair created/showcased their new Bulldog 4k HTPC that also features their entry into the SFX market of power supplies, Silverstone had the monopoly on the form factor of power supplies. However, with introduction of Corsair's SF series of power suppiles, it is a no brainer to get the Corsair model as they enter the market at a cheaper price and use a bigger 90mm fan rather than an 80mm used in the silverstone units that have been reported to be extremely loud. In terms of power, I figured 450W was enough for the power effient Pascal video card as the price jump to the 600W model is $40 more over the 450W. Also in OC3D's in depth testing, the 450W is actually able to handily sustain 450W at the 80Plus gold rating and is able to handle power spikes past the 450W mark.

GPU- EVGA  Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB ITX

After learning that there wouldn't be a itx sized card made for the AMD RX 480, I decided to order a GTX 1060 as it offered more perfomance for less money where I live. I originally order the EVGA SC 6GB version of the GTX 1060 on the week it launched but after waiting for over a month for stock to catch up to orders, I called Canada Computers (the store I ordered from). Turns out that EVGA had yet to fill any of thee 50 or so orders that they still have and suggested that I just orderd a different card. So after contemplating, on whether to stick to the the 6GB model or the slightly cut down 3GB (aka the 1050ti) version I decided that I probobably wouldn't utilze or notice the perfomance gain of the 6GB model for the extra ~$80 over the 3GB. I decided on going with Gigabyte's 3GB model as I didn't want to wait for EVGA again and the itx card Zotac offers features an argurable weaker cooler design that resembles Intel's flowers style stock coolers as oppossed to the dual heatpipe design that Gigabyte offers.

Case Fans 

If temperatures are higher than desired and extra intake or exhaust is needed, I'll look into getting either a ~60mm fan or blower style fan similar to ones found on laptops. Fans found on eBay or Amazon that are designed to mount on the PCI slot could also work as an exhaust but could be too big and not fit. 

The Tear Down

Spoiler

Here are just some pictures that I took with my phone (Moto G 2nd gen) while tearing down and stripping out the PS2. The quality of pitures are not the greatest, but I think they are good enough for thise curious to see what's under the hood of such lengendary console.

IMG_20150301_245825998.jpg

The main PCB and 60mm exaust fan

IMG_20150301_010216003_HDR.jpgIMG_20150301_010233967_HDR.jpg

A closer look at what I think is the main CPU/GPU and the CMOS battery

IMG_20150301_245850449_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150301_245842551.jpg

A look at the top and underside of the really simplistic heatsink. When tearing the PS2 apart, I forgot to take pictures of the power delivery system (aka the pwoer supply) portion of the system that sits underneaththe main board.

The Design Phase

Spoiler

I knew that space inside the PS2 case would be limited so I knew that I had to be very exact in the dimensions of the parts that I would try to squeeze into the case. Although I have very little experience with the program SketchUp and using Google's Drawing application in Docs, I came up with these designs.

Project PS2PC- SketchUp- 4.jpg

Exterior measurements of the stock PS2 fliped upside down as that was how I first planned on building it as it's the only way the the motherboard would fit

Project PS2PC.jpg

A top down view of the planning stage made using Google's "Drawings"

Legend:

Blue: Power supply

Yellow: SSD

Green: Motherboard

Red: GPU

Project PS2PC- SketchUp- 2.jpg

Topdown view in Sketchup

Project PS2PC- SketchUp- 1.jpg

My first desgin that I decided to not use as cooling for the CPU would be choked.

The real stuggle was in what order I would stack the GPU motherboard, and CPU cooler. I had ideas like using an 120mm AIO and use the fan on the GPU as the intake fan for the radiator so that another fan wouldn't be needed. From the bottom up, I would have plave the the Motherboard and CPU black/pump, GPU with its fan faceing out and the radHowever, the height of the CPU block would not fit in vertically.

Project PS2PC- SketchUp- 3.jpg

After a few revisions of the design, I came to this. With both the GPU and CPU cooler fan facing away from each other and toward the outside of the case where I plan on drilling holes, I think that this design will allow for the most optimal cooling perfomance. The only main drawback to this is that the entire PC must either elevated on a stand or vertically as laying it flat will choke airflow into the case

More updates to follow...

Update #1- September 18th, 2016

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/660371-project-ps2pc-e3-1230v3-xeon-gtx-1060-in-a-playstation-2-wip/?do=findComment&comment=8562839

Update #2- September 29th, 2016

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/660371-project-ps2pc-e3-1230v3-xeon-gtx-1060-in-a-playstation-2-wip/?do=findComment&comment=8628406

Update #3- October 14, 2016

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/660371-project-ps2pc-e3-1230v3-xeon-gtx-1060-in-a-playstation-2-wip/?do=findComment&comment=8701640

I have an old PS2 laying around and you are giving me an itch now....

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

Good luck with your build, glad I was some form of inspiration!

Did you ever take a look at the DC-DC boards instead of an SFX PSU? Yeah you have to worry about an external power brick, and it might be a bit more expensive in the long run, but the extra space you get can be a godsend. HDPLEX do a 250W (Which Runamok used in Little Mac) and PICOBOX do the X300 (300W). Both can peak up to 400W but PICOBOX don't recommend it. Both should be easily capable of powering the kind of system you're building with a little bit of airflow over them.

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

4 hours ago, TheElt said:

Good luck with your build, glad I was some form of inspiration!

Did you ever take a look at the DC-DC boards instead of an SFX PSU? Yeah you have to worry about an external power brick, and it might be a bit more expensive in the long run, but the extra space you get can be a godsend. HDPLEX do a 250W (Which Runamok used in Little Mac) and PICOBOX do the X300 (300W). Both can peak up to 400W but PICOBOX don't recommend it. Both should be easily capable of powering the kind of system you're building with a little bit of airflow over them.

Yeah, I looked into Pico units and the HDplex but availability of both is very scarce in Canada. It also didn't make sense financially to buy from the States as the cost of shipping and an external power brick would have been just as expensive if not more than a SFX unit. I also wanted to make sure that my power supply was stable and quiet as the Pico units didn't fair very well on JonnyGuru's reviews in terms of efficiency.

How are you planning to fit in the RAM and the Cables on the motherboard. As i unterstand you model the RAM Slot is outside the case?

Still ambitous plans are great);

Worthit.png

PC: CPU:Intel Xeon E3-1230 v5   Motherboard:Asus E3 Pro Gaming v5   GPU: Sapphire RX480 

Surface Pro 3 258GB;  8GB RAM

On 9/15/2016 at 6:26 PM, Kraxelaxel said:

How are you planning to fit in the RAM and the Cables on the motherboard. As i unterstand you model the RAM Slot is outside the case?

The RAM should just fit inside the case...hopefully 

I actually use purple to reprsent the Ram slots as well as the motherboard's back I/O, so that's what might make my mock up look a bit confusing with puple bars on either side of the motherboard.

As for the cables on the motherboard, I'll try to figure it out as I build it. I'll basically try to shove any of the power cables coming out of the pwoer supply in the space above the SSD.

Update #1- Part 1

Here are the parts that I've bought so far. I've put each part in th a different spoiler just so that all the pictures don't load all at once.

CPU- e3-1230v3

Spoiler

DSC01327.JPG

Motherboard- Asrock Z97-itx/AC

Spoiler

IMG_20160713_180408846.jpg

DSC01339.JPG

DSC01341.JPG

More picture in the next post due to the 20MB max of images per post

Update #1- Part 2

RAM- HyperX2x8GB 1600mhz

Spoiler

IMG_20160401_025352688.jpg

SSD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Spoiler

IMG_20160401_025422387.jpgIMG_20160401_025454472.jpg

PCI-e Riser/Ribbon Cable

Spoiler

IMG_20160713_222401092.jpg

The original power button from the PS2 that plan on resuing

Spoiler

DSC01328.JPG

On 9/14/2016 at 8:21 AM, FourCorners said:

~snip~

Hey @FourCorners, just wanted to say that I've been looking at this post for a while and honestly I did not think this would be possible but to be fair, I reckon it can definitely be possible ya know, I do honestly! :) I'm really, REALLY looking forward to seeing the Final Outcome/Result :D The PS2 has always and will still be one of many favorite consoles and funnily enough, I was actually playing on it earlier today :P Always been a fan of Sony's consoles but when I had seen the title that includes says "Project PS2PC- etc...............................", I just had to have a little peak lol at what was and is going to happen!

I do however.... have a few questions to ask you if you don't mind? ^_^ Keep in mind I did read through it a while ago when I began following this topic but can only remember certain parts of it.

A) What's the intended purpose(s) if any ..?

B) What's the Total Cost (thus far or as a finished total) ..?

C) How long (In either Hours/Days/Weeks/Months) do you think it will take to complete ..?

Am also enjoying the Update Pictures #1 - Parts 1 & 2 I saw ya post earlier, looking very nice thus far FourCorners! <3 :D Good Job!

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

8 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Hey @FourCorners, just wanted to say that I've been looking at this post for a while and honestly I did not think this would be possible but to be fair, I reckon it can definitely be possible ya know, I do honestly! :) I'm really, REALLY looking forward to seeing the Final Outcome/Result :D The PS2 has always and will still be one of many favorite consoles and funnily enough, I was actually playing on it earlier today :P Always been a fan of Sony's consoles but when I had seen the title that includes says "Project PS2PC- etc...............................", I just had to have a little peak lol at what was and is going to happen!

I do however.... have a few questions to ask you if you don't mind? ^_^ Keep in mind I did read through it a while ago when I began following this topic but can only remember certain parts of it.

A) What's the intended purpose(s) if any ..?

B) What's the Total Cost (thus far or as a finished total) ..?

C) How long (In either Hours/Days/Weeks/Months) do you think it will take to complete ..?

Am also enjoying the Update Pictures #1 - Parts 1 & 2 I saw ya post earlier, looking very nice thus far FourCorners! <3 :D 

I'm really glad that you've enjoyed this build log so far! I really didn't thin k that this would work and I'm still not convinced until it's actually completed, but I reckon it'll be fun trying to squeeze everything in.

As for you questions.

A) This will basically be my new daily driver. It'll replace the laptop I currently use that is frankly not very strong as it runs an Athlon II and 3Gb of RAM. So this will be a huge upgrade for me. Ive really only grown up playing on consoles so I'm hoping to also get my feet wet in PC gaming as my current laptop can't even launch any title that runs anything beyond DX 10.1.... 

B) Just the hardware alone will cost me about $1000 CAD give or take $100 when all is said and done. The peripherals I'm already using costs about $300 CAD since I bought them all during Black Friday and Boxing Day sales.

C) Depending how long it takes for the GTX 1060 to get back in stock and ships, I'm looking to finish the build within a months time.

I'm supposed to also get some more parts that I ordered within the next week so I'll try to give another update ASAP once I get my hands on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Update #2- Part 1

I now have all the parts I need for the build except for the GTX 1060 that I've already ordered but still haven't recived yet even though it's been 2 weeks since I've ordered it. I order the card from NCIX and they have stock of the Gigabyte 3GB gtx 1060 but that stock is in Vancouver and I live on the East coast of Canada however,there is stock of the 6gb version here so I might pony up the extra ~$60 for the better card in order to get this build going quicker. I also need to get some motherhboard standoffs but I'm going to wait till I have the GPU in my hands first, just so I can figure out how I'm going to mount the motherboard more persisely. Anyways, here are some pictures of the parts that came in since the last update.

PS.I took these with my Moto G2's camera so I waited for a sunnier day in order to get some nice natural lighting,

Front Panel Power Switch from eBay

Spoiler

I'm plan on trying to use the original buttons on the PS2 but put somehome mount this cable behind it so that I still have a power button and reset button and HDD activity LED on the front panel and not have to physically ground the pins on the motherboard.

IMG_20160929_140147077.jpg

IMG_20160929_140301217.jpg

Front Panel USB 3.0 and 3.5mm audio jacks

Spoiler

The front of the Playstation actually has a two USB ports stack above one another. I found this cable on a website called Dealsxtreme or dx.com that sells a bunch of no named Chinese electronics and random kink knacks so I'm not sure how well this thing will work. I'm kind of sceptical of the conector labeled "USB" that is coming out of the thicker blue USB 3.0 cause I thought USB 3.0 only needed the thicker blue cable, so I wonder if this cable is actually capable of actual USB 3.0 speeds... Also, when I saw the stock photos of the cable online, I saw that the USB ports are soddered onto the little PCB but I don't think they are actually connected to the PCB electrically, so I plan on taking the ports off the PCB in order to mount the ports above each other. As for the audio jacks, I plan on using the hole left by the port I suppose was to connect to the internet but isn't an ethernet port ...(it's pictured below and located beside the USB ports)

IMG_20160929_140422827.jpg

IMG_20160929_140535832.jpg

IMG_20160925_175937618.jpg

IMG_20160925_175911030.jpg

IMG_20160401_025923966.jpg

CPU Cooler- Zalman CNPS2X

Spoiler

IMG_20160929_140706082.jpg

IMG_20160929_140745538.jpg

IMG_20160929_140835697.jpg

IMG_20160929_140851305.jpg

IMG_20160925_180413480.jpg

15 minutes ago, FourCorners said:

Update #2- Part 1

I now have all the parts I need for the build except for the GTX 1060 that I've already ordered but still haven't recived yet even though it's been 2 weeks since I've ordered it. I order the card from NCIX and they have stock of the Gigabyte 3GB gtx 1060 but that stock is in Vancouver and I live on the East coast of Canada however,there is stock of the 6gb version here so I might pony up the extra ~$60 for the better card in order to get this build going quicker. I also need to get some motherhboard standoffs but I'm going to wait till I have the GPU in my hands first, just so I can figure out how I'm going to mount the motherboard more persisely. Anyways, here are some pictures of the parts that came in since the last update.

PS.I took these with my Moto G2's camera so I waited for a sunnier day in order to get some nice natural lighting,

Front Panel Power Switch from eBay

Hide contents

I'm plan on trying to use the original buttons on the PS2 but put somehome mount this cable behind it so that I still have a power button and reset button and HDD activity LED on the front panel and not have to physically ground the pins on the motherboard.

IMG_20160929_140147077.jpg

IMG_20160929_140301217.jpg

Front Panel USB 3.0 and 3.5mm audio jacks

Hide contents

The front of the Playstation actually has a two USB ports stack above one another. I found this cable on a website called Dealsxtreme or dx.com that sells a bunch of no named Chinese electronics and random kink knacks so I'm not sure how well this thing will work. I'm kind of sceptical of the conector labeled "USB" that is coming out of the thicker blue USB 3.0 cause I thought USB 3.0 only needed the thicker blue cable, so I wonder if this cable is actually capable of actual USB 3.0 speeds... Also, when I saw the stock photos of the cable online, I saw that the USB ports are soddered onto the little PCB but I don't think they are actually connected to the PCB electrically, so I plan on taking the ports off the PCB in order to mount the ports above each other. As for the audio jacks, I plan on using the hole left by the port I suppose was to connect to the internet but isn't an ethernet port ...(it's pictured below and located beside the USB ports)

IMG_20160929_140422827.jpg

IMG_20160929_140535832.jpg

IMG_20160925_175937618.jpg

IMG_20160925_175911030.jpg

IMG_20160401_025923966.jpg

CPU Cooler-Phanteks PH-TC90LS

Hide contents

IMG_20160929_140706082.jpg

IMG_20160929_140745538.jpg

IMG_20160929_140835697.jpg

IMG_20160929_140851305.jpg

IMG_20160925_180413480.jpg

First off, holy hell this is gonna be neat. :o I can't wait to see what it comes out as.

And secondly, that random USB header coming off the main cable is just a 2.0 lead for PC's that may not actually have a 3.0 header. You can just cut it off (and make sure shit doesn't touch).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Update #2 Part 2

PSU- Corsair SF 600

When I went in store to pick up the 450W version of the power supply, the 600W version was on sale so figured that I'd "futureproof" myself and go the bigger wattage powersupply just in case I go for a higher end and more power hunger GPU in the future. I know that getting the 600W might actually reduce my overall efficency since the peak performance/efficiency of the 600W is at a higher wattage than the 450W, but I also figured that the fan also won't start to spin till a higher wattage too.

Spoiler

IMG_20160929_141011120.jpg

IMG_20160925_181039212.jpg

I'd also like to note that the Corsair certain knows how to make a product feel a lttle more premium with the nice pouch for both the cables and the power supply itself.

IMG_20160925_181942077.jpg

Another good thing about this power supply is that it can handle all 600W on it's 12V rail

IMG_20160925_182131555.jpg

IMG_20160929_141900098.jpg

IMG_20160929_142010918.jpg

And little size comparison with my Gameboy Advance SP  just to show how small this power supply really is

IMG_20160929_142102833.jpg

IMG_20160929_142134076.jpg

IMG_20160929_142235089.jpg

6 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

First off, holy hell this is gonna be neat. :o I can't wait to see what it comes out as.

And secondly, that random USB header coming off the main cable is just a 2.0 lead for PC's that may not actually have a 3.0 header. You can just cut it off (and make sure shit doesn't touch).

So the 2.0 lead just so that you don't need to get a 3.0 to 2.0 adaptor if a MOBO doesn't support 3.0 then? Neat! thanks for the info!

Was that PS2 Jtagged?

ƆԀ S₱▓Ɇ▓cs: i7 6ʇɥפᴉƎ00K (4.4ghz), Asus DeLuxe X99A II, GT҉X҉1҉0҉8҉0 Zotac Amp ExTrꍟꎭe),Si6F4Gb D???????r PlatinUm, EVGA G2 Sǝʌǝᘉ5ᙣᙍᖇᓎᙎᗅᖶt, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, 3TB WD Black, 500gb 850 Evo, H100iGeeTeeX, Windows 10, K70 R̸̢̡̭͍͕̱̭̟̩̀̀̃́̃͒̈́̈́͑̑́̆͘͜ͅG̶̦̬͊́B̸͈̝̖͗̈́, G502, HyperX Cloud 2s, Asus MX34. פN∩SW∀S 960 EVO

Just keeping this here as a backup 9̵̨̢̨̧̧̡̧̡̧̡̧̡̡̢̢̡̢̧̡̢̡̡̢̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̱̖͈̠̝̯̹͉̝̞̩̠̹̺̰̺̲̳͈̞̻̜̫̹̱̗̣͙̻̘͎̲̝͙͍͔̯̲̟̞͚̖̘͉̭̰̣͎͕̼̼̜̼͕͎̣͇͓͓͎̼̺̯͈̤̝͖̩̭͍̣̱̞̬̺̯̼̤̲͎̖̠̟͍̘̭͔̟̗̙̗̗̤̦͍̫̬͔̦̳̗̳͔̞̼̝͍̝͈̻͇̭̠͈̳͍̫̮̥̭͍͔͈̠̹̼̬̰͈̤͚̖̯͍͉͖̥̹̺͕̲̥̤̺̹̹̪̺̺̭͕͓̟̳̹͍̖͎̣̫͓͍͈͕̳̹̙̰͉͙̝̜̠̥̝̲̮̬͕̰̹̳͕̰̲̣̯̫̮͙̹̮͙̮̝̣͇̺̺͇̺̺͈̳̜̣̙̻̣̜̻̦͚̹̩͓͚̖͍̥̟͍͎̦͙̫̜͔̭̥͈̬̝̺̩͙͙͉̻̰̬̗̣͖̦͎̥̜̬̹͓͈͙̤̜̗͔̩̖̳̫̑̀̂̽̈́̈́̿͒̿̋̊͌̾̄̄̒̌͐̽̿̊͑̑̆͗̈̎̄͒̑̋͛̑͑̂͑̀͐̀͑̓͊̇͆̿͑͛͛͆́͆̓̿̇̀̓͑͆͂̓̾̏͊̀̇̍̃́̒̎̀̒̄̓̒̐̑̊̏̌̽̓͂͋̓̐̓͊̌͋̀̐̇̌̓̔͊̈̇́̏͒̋͊̓̆̋̈̀̌̔͆͑̈̐̈̍̀̉̋̈́͊̽͂̿͌͊̆̾̉͐̿̓̄̾͑̈́͗͗̂̂́̇͂̀̈́́̽̈́̓̓͂̽̓̀̄͌̐̔̄̄͒͌̈́̅̉͊̂͒̀̈́̌͂̽̀̑̏̽̀͑̐̐͋̀̀͋̓̅͋͗̍́͗̈́̆̏̇͊̌̏̔̑̐̈́͑̎͑͆̏̎́̑̍̏̒̌̊͘͘̚̕̚̕̕̚̕̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅ8̵̨̛̛̛̛̮͍͕̥͉̦̥̱̞̜̫̘̤̖̬͍͇͓̜̻̪̤̣̣̹̑͑̏̈́̐̐́̎͒̔͒̌̑̓̆̓͑̉̈́́͋̌͋͐͛͋̃̍̽̊͗͋͊̂̅͊͑́͋͛̉̏̓͌̾̈́̀͛͊̾͑̌̀̀̌̓̏̑́̄̉̌͂́͛̋͊̄͐͊̈́̀̌̆̎̿̓̔̍̎̀̍̚̕̕͘͘͘̕̚͝͝͠͠͠0̶̡̡̡̢̨̨͕̠̠͉̺̻̯̱̘͇̥͎͖̯͕̖̬̭͔̪̪͎̺̠̤̬̬̤̣̭̣͍̥̱̘̳̣̤͚̭̥͚̦͙̱̦͕̼͖͙͕͇̭͓͉͎̹̣̣͕̜͍͖̳̭͕̼̳̖̩͍͔̱̙̠̝̺̰̦̱̿̄̀͐͜͜ͅͅt̶̡̨̡̨̧̢̧̢̨̧̧̧̧̢̡̨̨̢̨̢̧̢̛̛̛̛̛̠͍̞̮͇̪͉̩̗̗͖̫͉͎͓̮̣̘̫͔̘̬̮̙̯̣͕͓̲̣͓͓̣̹̟͈̱͚̘̼̙̖̖̼̙̜̝͙̣̠̪̲̞̖̠̯̖̠̜̱͉̲̺͙̤̻̦̜͎̙̳̺̭̪̱͓̦̹̺͙̫̖̖̰̣͈͍̜̺̘͕̬̥͇̗̖̺̣̲̫̟̣̜̭̟̱̳̳̖͖͇̹̯̜̹͙̻̥̙͉͕̜͎͕̦͕̱͖͉̜̹̱̦͔͎̲̦͔̖̘̫̻̹̮̗̮̜̰͇̰͔̱͙̞̠͍͉͕̳͍̰̠̗̠̯̜̩͓̭̺̦̲̲͖̯̩̲̣̠͉̦̬͓̠̜̲͍̘͇̳̳͔̼̣͚̙͙͚͕̙̘̣̠͍̟̪̝̲͇͚̦̖͕̰̟̪͖̳̲͉͙̰̭̼̩̟̝̣̝̬̳͎̙̱͒̃̈͊̔͒͗̐̄̌͐͆̍͂̃̈́̾͗̅̐͒̓̆͛̂̾͋̍͂̂̄̇̿̈͌̅̈́̃̾̔̇̇̾̀͊͋̋̌̄͌͆͆̎̓̈́̾̊͊̇̌̔̈́̈́̀̐͊̊̍͑̊̈̓͑̀́̅̀̑̈́̽̃̽͛̇́̐̓̀͆̔̈̀̍̏̆̓̆͒̋́̋̍́̂̉͛̓̓̂̋̎́̒̏̈͋̃̽͆̓̀̔͑̈́̓͌͑̅̽́̐̍̉̑̓̈́͌̋̈́͂̊́͆͂̇̈́̔̃͌̅̈́͌͛̑̐̓̔̈́̀͊͛̐̾͐̔̾̈̃̈̄͑̓̋̇̉̉̚̕̚͘̕̚̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͠ͅͅͅͅͅi̵̢̧̢̧̡̧̢̢̧̢̢̢̡̡̡̧̧̡̡̧̛̛͈̺̲̫͕̞͓̥̖̭̜̫͉̻̗̭̖͔̮̠͇̩̹̱͈̗̭͈̤̠̮͙͇̲͙̰̳̹̲͙̜̟͚͎͓̦̫͚̻̟̰̣̲̺̦̫͓̖̯̝̬͉̯͓͈̫̭̜̱̞̹̪͔̤̜͙͓̗̗̻̟͎͇̺̘̯̲̝̫͚̰̹̫̗̳̣͙̮̱̲͕̺̠͉̫̖̟͖̦͉̟͈̭̣̹̱̖̗̺̘̦̠̯̲͔̘̱̣͙̩̻̰̠͓͙̰̺̠̖̟̗̖͉̞̣̥̝̤̫̫̜͕̻͉̺͚̣̝̥͇̭͎̖̦̙̲͈̲̠̹̼͎͕̩͓̖̥̘̱̜͙̹̝͔̭̣̮̗̞̩̣̬̯̜̻̯̩̮̩̹̻̯̬̖͂̈͂̒̇͗͑̐̌̎̑̽̑̈̈́͑̽́̊͋̿͊͋̅̐̈́͑̇̿̈́̌͌̊̅͂̎͆̏̓͂̈̿̏̃͑̏̓͆̔̋̎̕͘͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅZ̴̧̢̨̢̧̢̢̡̧̢̢̢̨̨̨̡̨̧̢̧̛̛̬̖͈̮̝̭̖͖̗̹̣̼̼̘̘̫̠̭̞͙͔͙̜̠̗̪̠̼̫̻͓̳̟̲̳̻̙̼͇̺͎̘̹̼͔̺̹̬̯̤̮̟͈̭̻͚̣̲͔͙̥͕̣̻̰͈̼̱̺̤̤͉̙̦̩̗͎̞͓̭̞̗͉̳̭̭̺̹̹̮͕̘̪̞̱̥͈̹̳͇̟̹̱̙͚̯̮̳̤͍̪̞̦̳̦͍̲̥̳͇̪̬̰̠͙͕̖̝̫̩̯̱̘͓͎̪͈̤̜͎̱̹̹̱̲̻͎̖̳͚̭̪̦̗̬͍̯̘̣̩̬͖̝̹̣̗̭͖̜͕̼̼̲̭͕͔̩͓̞̝͓͍̗̙̯͔̯̞̝̳̜̜͉̖̩͇̩̘̪̥̱͓̭͎͖̱̙̩̜͎̙͉̟͎͔̝̥͕͍͓̹̮̦̫͚̠̯͓̱͖͔͓̤͉̠͙̋͐̀͌̈́͆̾͆̑̔͂͒̀̊̀͋͑̂͊̅͐̿́̈́̐̀̏̋̃̄͆͒̈́̿̎́́̈̀̀͌̔͋͊̊̉̿͗͊͑̔͐̇͆͛̂̐͊̉̄̈́̄̐͂͂͒͑͗̓͑̓̾̑͋̒͐͑̾͂̎̋̃̽̂̅̇̿̍̈́́̄̍͂͑̏̐̾̎̆̉̾͂̽̈̆̔́͋͗̓̑̕͘̕͘͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͠͝ͅo̶̪͆́̀͂̂́̄̅͂̿͛̈́̿͊͗́͘͝t̴̡̨̧̨̧̡̧̨̡̢̧̢̡̨̛̪͈̣̭̺̱̪̹̺̣̬̖̣̻͈̞̙͇̩̻̫͈̝̭̟͎̻̟̻̝̱͔̝̼͍̞̼̣̘̤̯͓͉̖̠̤͔̜̙͚͓̻͓̬͓̻̜̯̱̖̳̱̗̠̝̥̩͓̗̪̙͓̖̠͎̗͎̱̮̯̮͙̩̫̹̹̖͙̙͖̻͈̙̻͇͔̙̣̱͔̜̣̭̱͈͕̠̹͙̹͇̻̼͎͍̥̘͙̘̤̜͎̟͖̹̦̺̤͍̣̼̻̱̲͎̗̹͉͙̪̞̻̹͚̰̻͈͈͊̈́̽̀̎̃̊́̈́̏̃̍̉̇̑̂̇̏̀͊̑̓͛̽͋̈́͆́̊͊̍͌̈́̓͊̌̿̂̾̐͑̓̀́͒̃̋̓͆̇̀͊̆͗̂͑͐̀͗̅̆͘̕͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅḁ̶̢̡̨̧̡̡̨̨̧̨̡̡̢̧̨̡̡̛̛̛͍̱̳͚͕̩͍̺̪̻̫̙͈̬͙̖͙̬͍̬̟̣̝̲̼̜̼̺͎̥̮̝͙̪̘̙̻͖͇͚͙̣̬̖̲̲̥̯̦̗̰̙̗̪̞̗̩̻̪̤̣̜̳̩̦̻͓̞̙͍͙̫̩̹̥͚̻̦̗̰̲̙̫̬̱̺̞̟̻͓̞͚̦̘̝̤͎̤̜̜̥̗̱͈̣̻̰̮̼̙͚͚̠͚̲̤͔̰̭̙̳͍̭͎̙͚͍̟̺͎̝͓̹̰̟͈͈̖̺͙̩̯͔̙̭̟̞̟̼̮̦̜̳͕̞̼͈̜͍̮͕̜͚̝̦̞̥̜̥̗̠̦͇͖̳͈̜̮̣͚̲̟͙̎̈́́͊̔̑̽̅͐͐͆̀͐́̓̅̈͑͑̍̿̏́͆͌̋̌̃̒̽̀̋̀̃̏̌́͂̿̃̎̐͊̒̀̊̅͒̎͆̿̈́̑̐̒̀̈́̓̾͋͆̇̋͒̎̈̄̓̂͊̆͂̈́̒̎͐̇̍̆̋̅̿̔͒̄̇̂̋̈́͆̎̔̇͊̊̈́̔̏͋́̀͂̈́̊͋͂̍̾̓͛̇̔̚͘̚̕̚͘͘̕̕̕̚͘͘̚̕̚̕͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅç̵̧̢̨̢̢̢̧̧̡̨̡̢̧̧̧̨̡̡̨̨̢̢̢̧̨̢̨̢̛̛͉̗̠͇̹̖̝͕͚͎̟̻͓̳̰̻̺̞̣͚̤͙͍͇̗̼͖͔͕͙͖̺͙̖̹̘̘̺͓̜͍̣̰̗̖̺̗̪̘̯̘͚̲͚̲̬̞̹̹͕̭͔̳̘̝̬͉̗̪͉͕̞̫͔̭̭̜͉͔̬̫͙̖̙͚͔͙͚͍̲̘͚̪̗̞̣̞̲͎͔͖̺͍͎̝͎͍̣͍̩̟͈͕̗͉̪̯͉͎͖͍̖͎̖̯̲̘̦̟̭͍͚͓͈͙̬͖̘̱̝̜̘̹̩̝̥̜͎̬͓̬͙͍͇͚̟̫͇̬̲̥̘̞̘̟̘̝̫͈̙̻͇͎̣̪̪̠̲͓͉͙͚̭̪͇̯̠̯̠͖̞̜͓̲͎͇̼̱̦͍͉͈͕͉̗̟̖̗̱̭͚͎̘͓̬͍̱͍̖̯̜̗̹̰̲̩̪͍̞̜̫̩̠͔̻̫͍͇͕̰̰̘͚͈̠̻̮͊̐̿̏̐̀̇̑̐̈͛͑͑̍̑̔̃̈́̓̈́̇̐͑̐̊̆͂̀̏͛̊̔̍̽͗͋̊̍̓̈́̏̅͌̀̽́̑͒͒̓͗̈́̎͌͂̕̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅS̵̡̡̧̧̨̨̡̢̡̡̡̡̧̧̡̧̢̫̯͔̼̲͉͙̱̮̭̗͖̯̤͙̜͚̰̮̝͚̥̜̞̠̤̺̝͇̻̱͙̩̲̺͍̳̤̺̖̝̳̪̻̗̮̪̖̺̹̭͍͇̗̝̱̻̳̝̖̝͎̙͉̞̱̯̙̜͇̯̻̞̱̭̗͉̰̮̞͍̫̺͙͎̙̞̯̟͓͉̹̲͖͎̼̫̩̱͇̲͓̪͉̺̞̻͎̤̥̭̺̘̻̥͇̤̖̰̘̭̳̫̙̤̻͇̪̦̭̱͎̥̟͖͕̣̤̩̟̲̭̹̦̹̣͖̖͒̈́̈́̓͗̈̄͂̈́̅̐̐̿̎̂͗̎̿̕͘͜͜͜͜͝͝ͅͅt̸̡̡̧̧̨̡̢̛̥̥̭͍̗͈̩͕͔͔̞̟͍̭͇̙̺̤͚͎͈͎͕̱͈̦͍͔͓̬͚̗̰̦͓̭̰̭̎̀̂̈́̓̒̈́̈́̂̄̋́̇̂͐͒̋̋̉͐̉̏̇͋̓̈́͐̾͋̒͒͐̊̊̀̄͆̄͆̑͆̇̊̓̚̚̕̚̕͜͠͝͝ͅͅơ̵̡̨̡̡̡̨̛̺͕̼͔̼̪̳͖͓̠̘̘̳̼͚͙͙͚̰͚͚͖̥̦̥̘̖̜̰͔̠͕̦͎̞̮͚͕͍̤̠̦͍̥̝̰̖̳̫̮̪͇̤̱̜͙͔̯͙̙̼͇̹̥̜͈̲̺̝̻̮̬̼̫̞̗̣̪̱͓̺̜̠͇͚͓̳̹̥̳̠͍̫͈̟͈̘̯̬̞͔̝͍͍̥̒̐͗͒͂͆̑̀̿̏́̀͑͗̐́̀̾̓́̌̇̒̈́̌̓͐̃̈́̒̂̀̾͂̊̀̂͐̃̄̓̔̽̒̈́̇̓͌̇̂̆̒̏̊̋͊͛͌̊̇̒̅͌̄̎̔̈́͊́̽̋̈̇̈́́͊̅͂̎̃͌͊͛͂̄̽̈́̿͐̉̽̿́́̉͆̈́̒́̂̾̄̇̌̒̈̅̍̿̐͑̓͊̈́̈̋̈́̉̍̋̊̈̀̈́̾̿̌̀̈́͌̑̍́̋̒̀̂̈́́̾̏̐̅̈̑͗͐̈͂̄̾̄̈́̍̉͑͛͗͋̈́̃̄̊́́͐̀̀̽̇̓̄̓̃͋͋̂̽̔̀̎͌̈́̈́̑̓̔̀̓͐͛͆̿̋͑͛̈́͂̅̋̅͆͗̇́̀̒́̏͒̐̍͂̓͐͐̇̂̉̑̊͑̉̋̍͊̄̀͂̎͒̔͊̃̏̕̚̕̕͘͘͘̚͘̚͘̕͘̚͘̚̚̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅc̴̨̡̢̢̢̡̡̢̛̛̛̻͇̝̣͉͚͎͕̻̦͖̤̖͇̪̩̤̻̭̮̙̰̖̰̳̪̱̹̳̬͖̣͙̼̙̰̻̘͇͚̺̗̩̫̞̳̼̤͔͍͉̟͕̯̺͈̤̰̹̍̋́͆̾̆̊͆͋̀͑͒̄̿̄̀̂͋̊͆́͑̑̽͊̓́̔̽̌͊̄͑͒͐̑͗̿̃̀̓̅́̿͗̈́͌̋̀̏̂͌̓́̇̀͒͋̌̌̅͋͌̆͐̀̔̒͐̊̇̿̽̀̈́̃̒̋̀̈́̃̏̂̊͗̑̊̈̇̀̌͐̈́̉̂̏͊̄͐̈̽͒̏̒̓́̌̓̅́̓̃͐͊͒̄͑̒͌̍̈́̕͘̚͘̕͘̚̕͜͝͠͝͝͝ͅǩ̴̢̢̢̧̨̢̢̢̨̨̨̢̢̢̨̧̨̡̡̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̜̥̩̙͕̮̪̻͈̘̯̼̰̜͚̰͖̬̳͖̣̭̼͔̲͉̭̺͚̺̟͉̝̱̲͎͉̙̥̤͚͙̬̪̜̺͙͍̱̞̭̬̩̖̤̹̤̺̦͈̰̗̰͍͇̱̤̬̬͙̙̲̙̜͖͓̙̟̙̯̪͍̺̥͔͕̝̳̹̻͇̠̣͈̰̦͓͕̩͇͈͇̖͙͍̰̲̤̞͎̟̝̝͈͖͔͖̦̮̗̬̞̞̜̬̠̹̣̣̲̮̞̤̜̤̲̙͔͕̯͔͍̤͕̣͔͙̪̫̝̣̰̬̬̭̞͔̦̟̥̣̻͉͈̮̥̦̮̦͕̤͇̺͆͆̈͗̄̀̌̔̈́̈̉̾̊̐̆̂͛̀̋́̏̀̿͒̓̈́̈́͂̽̾͗͊̋̐̓̓̀̃̊̊͑̓̈̎̇͑̆̂̉̾̾̑͊̉̃́̑͌̀̌̐̅̃̿̆̎̈́̀̒́͛̓̀̊́̋͛͒͊̆̀̃̊͋̋̾̇̒̋͂̏͗͆̂̔́̐̀́͗̅̈̋̂̎̒͊̌̉̈̈́͌̈́̔̾̊̎́͐͒̋̽̽́̾̿̚̕͘͘̚̕̕̕̚̚̕̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅB̸̢̧̨̡̢̧̨̡̡̨̡̨̡̡̡̢̨̢̨̛̛̛̛̛̛͉̞͚̰̭̲͈͎͕͈̦͍͈̮̪̤̻̻͉̫̱͔̞̫̦̰͈̗̯̜̩̪̲̻̖̳͖̦͎͔̮̺̬̬̼̦̠̪̤͙͍͓̜̥̙̖̫̻̜͍̻̙̖̜̹͔̗̪̜̖̼̞̣̠̫͉̯̮̤͈͎̝̪͎͇͙̦̥͙̳̫̰̪̣̱̘̤̭̱͍̦͔̖͎̺̝̰̦̱̣͙̙̤͚̲͔̘̱̜̻͔̥̻͖̭͔̜͉̺͕͙͖̜͉͕̤͚̠̩̮̟͚̗͈͙̟̞̮̬̺̻̞͔̥͉͍̦̤͓̦̻̦̯̟̰̭̝̘̩̖̝͔̳͉̗̖̱̩̩̟͙͙͛̀͐̈́̂̇͛̅̒̉̏̈́̿͐́̏̃̏̓̌̽͐̈́͛̍͗͆͛̋̔̉͂̔̂̓̌͌͋̂͆̉͑̊̎́̈́̈̂͆͑́̃̍̇̿̅̾́́̿̅̾̆̅̈́̈̓͒͌͛̃͆̋͂̏̓̅̀͂̽̂̈̈́̎̾̐͋͑̅̍̈́̑̅̄͆̓̾̈́͐̎̊͐̌̌̓͊̊̔̈́̃͗̓͊͐̌͆̓͗̓̓̾̂̽͊͗́́́̽͊͆͋͊̀̑̿̔͒̏̈́́̏͆̈́͋̒͗͂̄̇̒͐̃͑̅̍͒̎̈́̌̋́̓͂̀̇͛̋͊͆̈́̋́̍̃͒̆̕̚̚̕̕̕͘̕̚̚͘̕͜͜͜͜͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅI̵̡̢̧̨̡̢̨̡̡̢̡̧̡̢̢̢̡̢̛̛͕͎͕̩̠̹̩̺̣̳̱͈̻̮̺̟̘̩̻̫͖̟͓̩̜̙͓͇̙̱̭̰̻̫̥̗̠͍͍͚̞̘̫͉̬̫̖̖̦͖͉̖̩̩̖̤̺̥̻̝͈͎̻͓̟̹͍̲͚͙̹̟̟̯͚̳̟͕̮̻̟͈͇̩̝̼̭̯͚͕̬͇̲̲̯̰̖̙̣̝͇̠̞̙͖͎̮̬̳̥̣̺̰͔̳̳̝̩̤̦̳̞̰̩̫̟͚̱̪̘͕̫̼͉̹̹̟̮̱̤̜͚̝̠̤̖̮̯̳͖̗̹̞̜̹̭̿̏͋̒͆̔̄̃̾̓͛̾̌́̅̂͆̔͌͆͋̔̾́̈̇̐̄̑̓̂̾́̄̿̓̅̆͌̉̎̏̄͛̉͆̓̎͒͘̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͠ͅͅƠ̷̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̟̰͔͔͇̲̰̮̘̭̭̖̥̟̘̠̬̺̪͇̲͋͂̅̈́̍͂̽͗̾͒̇̇̒͐̍̽͊́̑̇̑̾̉̓̈̾͒̍̌̅̒̾̈́̆͌̌̾̎̽̐̅̏́̈̔͛̀̋̃͊̒̓͗͒̑͒̃͂̌̄̇̑̇͛̆̾͛̒̇̍̒̓̀̈́̄̐͂̍͊͗̎̔͌͛̂̏̉̊̎͗͊͒̂̈̽̊́̔̊̃͑̈́̑̌̋̓̅̔́́͒̄̈́̈̂͐̈̅̈̓͌̓͊́̆͌̉͐̊̉͛̓̏̓̅̈́͂̉̒̇̉̆̀̍̄̇͆͛̏̉̑̃̓͂́͋̃̆̒͋̓͊̄́̓̕̕̕̚͘͘͘̚̕̚͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠ͅS̷̢̨̧̢̡̨̢̨̢̨̧̧̨̧͚̱̪͇̱̮̪̮̦̝͖̜͙̘̪̘̟̱͇͎̻̪͚̩͍̠̹̮͚̦̝̤͖̙͔͚̙̺̩̥̻͈̺̦͕͈̹̳̖͓̜͚̜̭͉͇͖̟͔͕̹̯̬͍̱̫̮͓̙͇̗̙̼͚̪͇̦̗̜̼̠͈̩̠͉͉̘̱̯̪̟͕̘͖̝͇̼͕̳̻̜͖̜͇̣̠̹̬̗̝͓̖͚̺̫͛̉̅̐̕͘͜͜͜͜ͅͅͅ.̶̨̢̢̨̢̨̢̛̻͙̜̼̮̝̙̣̘̗̪̜̬̳̫̙̮̣̹̥̲̥͇͈̮̟͉̰̮̪̲̗̳̰̫̙͍̦̘̠̗̥̮̹̤̼̼̩͕͉͕͇͙̯̫̩̦̟̦̹͈͔̱̝͈̤͓̻̟̮̱͖̟̹̝͉̰͊̓̏̇͂̅̀̌͑̿͆̿̿͗̽̌̈́̉̂̀̒̊̿͆̃̄͑͆̃̇͒̀͐̍̅̃̍̈́̃̕͘͜͜͝͠͠z̴̢̢̡̧̢̢̧̢̨̡̨̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̲͚̠̜̮̠̜̞̤̺͈̘͍̻̫͖̣̥̗̙̳͓͙̫̫͖͍͇̬̲̳̭̘̮̤̬̖̼͎̬̯̼̮͔̭̠͎͓̼̖̟͈͓̦̩̦̳̙̮̗̮̩͙͓̮̰̜͎̺̞̝̪͎̯̜͈͇̪̙͎̩͖̭̟͎̲̩͔͓͈͌́̿͐̍̓͗͑̒̈́̎͂̋͂̀͂̑͂͊͆̍͛̄̃͌͗̌́̈̊́́̅͗̉͛͌͋̂̋̇̅̔̇͊͑͆̐̇͊͋̄̈́͆̍̋̏͑̓̈́̏̀͒̂̔̄̅̇̌̀̈́̿̽̋͐̾̆͆͆̈̌̿̈́̎͌̊̓̒͐̾̇̈́̍͛̅͌̽́̏͆̉́̉̓̅́͂͛̄̆͌̈́̇͐̒̿̾͌͊͗̀͑̃̊̓̈̈́̊͒̒̏̿́͑̄̑͋̀̽̀̔̀̎̄͑̌̔́̉̐͛̓̐̅́̒̎̈͆̀̍̾̀͂̄̈́̈́̈́̑̏̈́̐̽̐́̏̂̐̔̓̉̈́͂̕̚̕͘͘̚͘̚̕̚̚̚͘̕̕̕͜͜͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅī̸̧̧̧̡̨̨̢̨̛̛̘͓̼̰̰̮̗̰͚̙̥̣͍̦̺͈̣̻͇̱͔̰͈͓͖͈̻̲̫̪̲͈̜̲̬̖̻̰̦̰͙̤̘̝̦̟͈̭̱̮̠͍̖̲͉̫͔͖͔͈̻̖̝͎̖͕͔̣͈̤̗̱̀̅̃̈́͌̿̏͋̊̇̂̀̀̒̉̄̈́͋͌̽́̈́̓̑̈̀̍͗͜͜͠͠ͅp̴̢̢̧̨̡̡̨̢̨̢̢̢̨̡̛̛͕̩͕̟̫̝͈̖̟̣̲̖̭̙͇̟̗͖͎̹͇̘̰̗̝̹̤̺͉͎̙̝̟͙͚̦͚͖̜̫̰͖̼̤̥̤̹̖͉͚̺̥̮̮̫͖͍̼̰̭̤̲͔̩̯̣͖̻͇̞̳̬͉̣̖̥̣͓̤͔̪̙͎̰̬͚̣̭̞̬͎̼͉͓̮͙͕̗̦̞̥̮̘̻͎̭̼͚͎͈͇̥̗͖̫̮̤̦͙̭͎̝͖̣̰̱̩͎̩͎̘͇̟̠̱̬͈̗͍̦̘̱̰̤̱̘̫̫̮̥͕͉̥̜̯͖̖͍̮̼̲͓̤̮͈̤͓̭̝̟̲̲̳̟̠͉̙̻͕͙̞͔̖͈̱̞͓͔̬̮͎̙̭͎̩̟̖͚̆͐̅͆̿͐̄̓̀̇̂̊̃̂̄̊̀͐̍̌̅͌̆͊̆̓́̄́̃̆͗͊́̓̀͑͐̐̇͐̍́̓̈́̓̑̈̈́̽͂́̑͒͐͋̊͊̇̇̆̑̃̈́̎͛̎̓͊͛̐̾́̀͌̐̈́͛̃̂̈̿̽̇̋̍͒̍͗̈͘̚̚͘̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͠͝͝ͅͅͅ☻♥■∞{╚mYÄÜXτ╕○\╚Θº£¥ΘBM@Q05♠{{↨↨▬§¶‼↕◄►☼1♦  wumbo╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my graphics card up last weekend but didn't get to chance to post pictures on the build log. However, I'm hoping to actually finally get to building this weekend so I thought I'd give you guys a last update before the build commences...

After waiting for over a month for the EVGA 6GB GTX 1060 to come in and not having ant stock available, I switched to the 3GB model from gigabyte and ordered from NCIX instead. But after another month or so of wating for my card to come in, I got fed up and saw that the 6GB version of the GIgabyte card was available at my local NCIX (still an hours drive away) so I coughed up the extra ~$80 to get the better card and get this build going faster. Along with the card, I used my NCIX newsletter points to claim myself a freebies inthe form of a tube of Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste, a 32GB ADATA thumb stick and an XXL Fnaic Gear mouse pad, so I made the trip to NCIX worth it.

Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB mini itx

Spoiler

IMG_20161012_103828776.jpg

IMG_20161011_152436976.jpg

IMG_20161012_104319503.jpg

IMG_20161011_152546219.jpg

IMG_20161011_152502076.jpg

IMG_20161011_152652578.jpg

Here's to hoping that the building process wil go smoothly!

6 hours ago, Yahtadi said:

Seriously cute GPU #nohomo

You know what they say:

It not about the size of the boat, it's about the motion of the ocean ;) 

On 10/15/2016 at 4:48 AM, FourCorners said:

~snip~

Looking good so far FourCorners! :D Good luck on the build(ing) process!

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

On 30.9.2016 at 4:39 AM, FourCorners said:

CPU Cooler-Phanteks PH-TC90LS

but that is a CNPS2X from zalman :P 

why not the good ol zalman flowercooler? (CNPS 7000) 

cnps7000b-cu-led-large.jpg

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

1 hour ago, Space Reptile said:

but that is a CNPS2X from zalman :P 

why not the good ol zalman flowercooler? (CNPS 7000) 

cnps7000b-cu-led-large.jpg

Good catch! I honestly just copy pasted the the name from a preivous post since I was too lazy to type out the model name so I must have copied the wrong thing.

As for the CNPS 7000, it's simply too tall at 62mm

26 minutes ago, FourCorners said:

Good catch! I honestly just copy pasted the the name from a preivous post since I was too lazy to type out the model name so I must have copied the wrong thing.

As for the CNPS 7000, it's simply too tall at 62mm

ah okay , there is also the Arctic Freezer 11 LP coming in at 53mm , i fear the CPNS2X wont keep the Xeon under 80c in use 

arctic-11-lp-2-1280x1024.jpgarctic-11-lp-4-1280x1024.jpg

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

On 10/20/2016 at 0:22 AM, Space Reptile said:

ah okay , there is also the Arctic Freezer 11 LP coming in at 53mm , i fear the CPNS2X wont keep the Xeon under 80c in use 

arctic-11-lp-2-1280x1024.jpgarctic-11-lp-4-1280x1024.jpg

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the suggestions as I'm not convined that the CPNS2X  will be able to the cool my xeon either.

I mainly got the Zalman just so that I could get things up and running but I'm still looking for better solutions