Thoughts on my PC?

Laxer17

Is this good for around $1900

I'm using it strictly for editing

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2cgFsJ

I chose the 980ti for more cuda cores and 

Maxwell GPU's have more support for my applications. 

I chose the 5820k because I think it's best bang for my buck.

32gb corsair ram because it's enough for after effects and my physics simulations. Also it's a good speed and has good colors with the build

H440 cause it's my favorite in cable management.

750w psu very reliable and fully modular. 

NZXT kraken 61 280mm because it's a good price as well as it's cheaper then the h100i and will allow me to get some good overclocks in.

1tb SSD for os and projects 

Also the X99-A because it's been used in plenty similar builds and has better reviews then the x99-a ii. 

please give feedback I'm buying in a few hours all the parts!!!

Just now, Laxer17 said:

32gb corsair ram because it's enough for after effects and my physics simulations. Also it's a good speed and has good colors with the build

NZXT kraken 61 280mm because it's a good price as well as it's cheaper then the h100i and will allow me to get some good overclocks in.

Also the X99-A because it's been used in plenty similar builds and has better reviews then the x99-a ii. 

Well, there's certainly nothing wrong with it at all. Great build.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

What i recommend for you to do is buy a windows key from kinguin for like $25 and then use the rest of the money to get a 850 Evo

I'd probably use another SSD if possible, but then again, maybe you'd run into budget problems. Great case anyhow, bought a month ago and I'm loving it. Just be sure is the v2 :)

2 minutes ago, Fulcrum93 said:

I'd probably use another SSD if possible, but then again, maybe you'd run into budget problems. Great case anyhow, bought a month ago and I'm loving it. Just be sure is the v2 :)

Thanks!!! I've used Sandisk SSD's over the past few months and never had 1 issue. I love them personally but I do understand the hype around the 850 evo's. What do you mean by v2 btw? 

2 minutes ago, Laxer17 said:

Thanks!!! I've used Sandisk SSD's over the past few months and never had 1 issue. I love them personally but I do understand the hype around the 850 evo's. What do you mean by v2 btw? 

The H440 was released some years ago. With the v2 NZXT added a fan hub and made bigger the intake/outtake grills for example

13 minutes ago, Laxer17 said:

GET A 6700K WITH AN ASUS Z170 MOBO COMBO ON NEWEGG. SRY ABOUT THE CAPS

Don't know about SanDisk SSDs. But you say you haven't had any issues with them, so that's probably cool :)

H440 looks awesome, as @Fulcrum93 said make sure it's the V2 for PWM hub and better airflow.

1 minute ago, gtx1060=value said:

GET A 6700K WITH AN ASUS Z170 MOBO COMBO ON NEWEGG. SRY ABOUT THE CAPS

He's using it stricktly for editing, which means the 5820K with it's six cores and lower price (than i7-69XX CPUs) is better for what he's doing.

“sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic still going to require driver rollbacks when it stops working for no reason“

Just now, Thorimus said:

Don't know about SanDisk SSDs. But you say you haven't had any issues with them, so that's probably cool :)

H440 looks awesome, as @Fulcrum93 said make sure it's the V2 for PWM hub and better airflow.

He's using it stricktly for editing, which means the 5820K with it's six cores and lower price (than i7-69XX CPUs) is better for what he's doing.

I'd recommend a 6800k if he could buy at black friday

3 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

I'd recommend a 6800k if he could buy at black friday

That's an idea.

“sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic still going to require driver rollbacks when it stops working for no reason“

Just now, Thorimus said:

That's an idea.

Personally, i'd wait for the zen architecture to come out and get some cheap amd 8 core cpus

Just now, gtx1060=value said:

Personally, i'd wait for the zen architecture to come out and get some cheap amd 8 core cpus

Also an idea. Not sure how AMD CPUs perform at heavy multi-core editing tasks though.

Just now, Thorimus said:

Also an idea. Not sure how AMD CPUs perform at heavy multi-core editing tasks though.

We have to wait for linus's review then

3 minutes ago, Thorimus said:

I recall AMD's FX8350 and likes were pretty good with the adobe suite, even better than blue counterparts at times. Is that the same thing? Maybe it'll be like the same. Anyhow the man said

30 minutes ago, Laxer17 said:

so I guess he can't wait much

44 minutes ago, Laxer17 said:

Will the h440 v2 still fit my kraken x61? I just bought the parts

50 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

What i recommend for you to do is buy a windows key from kinguin for like $25 and then use the rest of the money to get a 850 Evo

3 minutes ago, Laxer17 said:

Yes