Is it possible to buy SteelSeries backlit keyboard into laptop ?

SirPaul

Hi guys, i recently had issue with my SteelSeries gaming backlit keyboard which is implemented in my MSI GT 780. I was wondering if there is any way i can buy a new one ?

Now Please note this;

There are no limits, how ever much, whatever is shipment e.t.c. i just want to know if is is possible to buy a new one . (and yes, NEW one, not used).

I really really thank all of you for responses. :)

http://www.computershopper.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/media/images/msi-gt780r-keyboard/827852-1-eng-US/msi-gt780r-keyboard.jpg

You are going to want to ask MSI for help with this one. Tell them that you are having issues and you need to have it replaced. Chances are, they are going to take it in and replace the keyboard.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

You mean you want a keyboard replacement on the laptop? I heard some people do this thingy. You should try it and see if you like it or not.

post-3058-0-21855600-1381848806.jpg

You mean you want a keyboard replacement on the laptop? I heard some people do this thingy. You should try it and see if you like it or not.

Well this is the most brutal thing i have ever seen, but the problem is i need to be provided with "original" keyboard because of calculating of insurance for the notebook. (sorry i dont know if i call it right)

Well this is the most brutal thing i have ever seen, but the problem is i need to be provided with "original" keyboard because of calculating of insurance for the notebook. (sorry i dont know if i call it right)

Hmm, if the warranty isn't void yet or expire. You could RMA it if you feel it isn't right or malfunction. But whatever you do, don't unscrew or dismantle anything on the GT 780.

bloody awful laptop you got there. i got one too.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Absolutely brilliant

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Hmm, if the warranty isn't void yet or expire. You could RMA it if you feel it isn't right or malfunction. But whatever you do, don't unscrew or dismantle anything on the GT 780.

Well i unscrewed the hell right after i bought it because i had spare ram for it, anyway.. as I said, my laptop has accident and it has drain battery to death (propably from Vine sinked in) broken screen, vine inside display, and malfunctioned keyboard ..because of Vine .. :D   Dont mind it, i dont want it to RMA it.  I want new one, but need to get together the old one.. and it doesnt matter how much it gonna cost, even if it would cost much more than the laptop itself.. i just need a exact keyboard replacement for whatever amount of money. :) Thats a little thing:)