Custom Waterloop - 900D, GTX780 - green themed Rig

ujzh4j2.jpg

Hey guys

I wanted to have a watercooled rig for a long time now, and now I finally started building one! This is my first buildlog ever, in which I wanted to share my experiences with you, because this is an awesome forum with even more awesome people. As I really love custom loops, I wanted to watercool my whole rig at once, so I went for a new case. My old one was the NZXT Phantom which really had plenty of room to put stuff in, but it was older and there weren’t that many rad-slots so I decided to get the Corsair Obsidian 900D, which is pretty much as big as it can get.
I’m really an esthetics-guy so the only choice for the reservoir was a tube-res. I chose the Phobya Balancer 250mm for, which I wanted to fill up with green liquid.

Hardware:

CPU
: Intel 3770K

Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB (2x4)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 780
PSU: Corsair AX860i
SSD: Samsung 840 pro 128GB
HDD: 2x 1TB WD Cabiar Black in RAID0

I had to take the heatsink off the RAM, due to its ugly red color which would have just completely destroyed the green colorscheme. They really don’t look that bad without the heatsink, they’re just completely black.

Watercooling-Hardware:

CPU-block
: Swiftech Apogee HD 4-port

GPU-block: Watercool Heatkiller GPU-X GTX780 “hole-edition”
Pump: Alphacool VPP655
Reservoir: Phobya Balancer 250mm
Rads: 2x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm
Fans: 8x Silverstone AP121 – green 120mm
Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Tubing: Masterkleer PVC 3/8’’
Fittings: Koolance G1/4 3/8’’ black

For the looks, I bought a GPU-backplate and the really sharp looking individually sleeved PSU-cables from Corsair.

Makeup:

GPU-backplate:
 Watercool Heatkiller GPU backplate GTX 7X0

PSU-cables: Professional individually sleeved DC cable kit Type3
Liquid: Mayhems Pastel – mint green

And now what you actually want to see
Pictures:
Gd5xuS2h.jpg

6MDOkkvh.jpg

I had to take out the HD-bays in the bottom to fit my rad and the pump down there.

46aZ83A.jpg

I was really impressed when the custom sleeved cables came in from Corsair. They look so beautiful and the green really seems to glow  :D

0yQmpXvh.jpg

MkdSrr8h.jpg

Ek7mNEUh.jpg

DhvZ9a1h.jpg

I mounted the Phobya Balancer to the HD-cages. This way I didn't had to drill holes myself, I was able to screw in between the rails for the hd-bays.

va4bpIXh.jpg

The Silverstone AP's just look so good at night. I took of the "side-panel" that covered the bottom part of the 900D for better airflow. If it would still be there, you wouldn't be able to see much of the glow at all.

xvxEahkh.jpg

When mounting the CPU-block I accidentally managed to bend one of the MB-pins  :unsure: But as lucky as I am, I was able to bend it back successfully without damaging it. But for a moment I was really scared  :)

btzsyVZh.jpg

aXD02SBh.jpg

The cables go perfectly with the black background from the 900D

0rgwZd4h.jpg

Please just ignore the red SATA cable  :) I'll have to change it but at the moment, I had no other laying around.

GmdxSZmh.jpg

Y6bEzdDh.jpg

oKuycohh.jpg

The filling actually went smoother than I thought it would. I was frightened to actually fill the loop up, but it turned out to be the easiest part of the whole project  :P

5lTdhx3h.jpg

Cv5ed50h.jpg

SNGs67qh.jpg

The bleeding takes longer than I thought. I got the machine running now for about 2 weeks and when I turn it off, sometimes I still see small bubbles around some fittings.

9732Lxn.jpg

Thats about how far I am at the moment. I'm still waiting for the LED-strips (green) to be delivered. I'll take some glamour-shots when I've really finished everything, but I'm interested in what you think about my rig and I'm looking forward to reading your comments.  :lol:

Thanks for reading

My favourite part of the entire build is the GPU backplate, I really want one now :D. One thing you could do is take the stickers off of your RAM, it really doesn't fit in.

Love the green, can't wait to see it finished. One thing to add though is I think it will have a much better feel to it if you use white LED strips instead of green as it will make the green pop instead of making it overkill. OfC this is personal preference but something to think about.

This is awesome! Also it's in my favorite colour :D How much was all the water cooling equipment in total if you don't mind me asking, Quite interested in a custom loop my self.

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

Nice system you have there. thumb.gif

One thing to add though is I think it will have a much better feel to it if you use white LED strips instead of green as it will make the green pop instead of making it overkill. OfC this is personal preference but something to think about.

I second that, I think white LEDs would probably look better (or: more catered

towards my taste :D ), but since you've already ordered them it doesn't matter

all that much now I suppose.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

My favourite part of the entire build is the GPU backplate, I really want one now :D. One thing you could do is take the stickers off of your RAM, it really doesn't fit in.

Just took them off right now :) thanks for the tipp, they look awesome now  :P

Love the green, can't wait to see it finished. One thing to add though is I think it will have a much better feel to it if you use white LED strips instead of green as it will make the green pop instead of making it overkill. OfC this is personal preference but something to think about.

I thought exactly the same, but I was unsure if it will really help when I put white in instead of green. I think I'll just order some whites too, then I'd be able to swap it, if they dont look that great.

This is awesome! Also it's in my favorite colour :D How much was all the water cooling equipment in total if you don't mind me asking, Quite interested in a custom loop my self.

I live in Switzerland so I don't know, what these parts would cost somewhere else, but everything including the case was more than 1000.- in our currency, which is about the same as 1100$

uhh! those sleeved green cables! so........ amazing! out now for buying now! amazing build though!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

This build looks insane dude! That green fluid is amazing!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

uhh! those sleeved green cables! so........ amazing! out now for buying now! amazing build though!

This build looks insane dude! That green fluid is amazing!

Thank you very much

Wow love the look of this build nice on  :)

I love the coolant i wish the sunset yellow was that vibrant did you add anything to it to get it that vibrant if so what ?

anyhow very nice build :D  

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H

Very nice! I love green builds but they are hardly ever done well.

Yours is.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

dat backplate  :wub:  alos , nice tubing runs !

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Love the coolant looks awesome nice job man :)

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Man the S3 has a good camera,on a related note how was the lighting when you took the pictures.(myself having a s4 and going to do a build)

Btw,beautiful build. :)

What M/B pin r u talking about?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Why did you go with the 3770k instead of the newer 4770k. The performance difference not worth the price?

Lenovo Y410p: Intel i7 4700MQ, NVIDIA GeForce GT750M, 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ, 120 GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Love the green :)

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

I love the green man although I would take off the ram stickers as well and just to warn you adding more green leds into the top part of the case may make it look bad I personally would use white leds to bring of the colours. 

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.

Wow love the look of this build nice on  :)

I love the coolant i wish the sunset yellow was that vibrant did you add anything to it to get it that vibrant if so what ?

anyhow very nice build :D  

Nope, the coolant is has not been customized

Why did you go with the 3770k instead of the newer 4770k. The performance difference not worth the price?

I already had the hardware, I just wanted to watercool it... I've had this cpu now for a long time :D

Not a fan of LED fans or coloured LEDs (IMO it will just wash everything out) and I think the tubing could have been much better organised but great job otherwise and a nice choice of parts, looking forward to see the final product.

Not a fan of LED fans or coloured LEDs (IMO it will just wash everything out) and I think the tubing could have been much better organised but great job otherwise and a nice choice of parts, looking forward to see the final product.

I just ordered some white LED-strips too :D I'll try both out. 

What M/B pin r u talking about?

With Intel sockets, there are small pins on the motherboard. And i accidentally bent one of them.

I really wouldn't go for green LED's in you build.

I have Mayhem's Pastel mint green, and used to have green LED's. They tended to make the fluid look yellow

That looks really nice

Corsair 350d, Asus Gryphon Z87, Intel i5 4670k 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengence 16gb 1600 MHz,

AMD Radeon 260x, Corsair CX600, OCZ Vetex 450 128gb, Seagate 2 TB 

What coolant did you use? @Denoxx

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Oh maaaaaaan that lime sleeve is just gorgeous! Really good work!

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |