ASUS Z170-A vs MSI Z170a gaming m5 vs MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X

The M5 gives you a free Xsplit premium license for 1 year, gives you more overclocking profiles, better design?? and gives an extra connectivity (seems to be an extra M.2 slot and another USB Type-A 3.1)

Groomlake Authority

@VerticalDiscussions has valid points. Figure out what features matter to you, and find the best for your money.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

It sorta depends on your cpu though, are you going to do overclocking and if you are just do some research about the oc capabilities of both of them. what cpu are you getting? if you are doing overclocks go with the m5 but if not or your only going to get an extra 0.1 ghz boost i would save and go for the m3 and spend the money somewere else because alot of people spend too much money on motherboards and it comes to a point were you are just paying for an extra few buttons or ascetics, something like that, you cant really say which is better (you obviously can but i mean they are built for different purposes) for you

hope i helped

They basically have the same features, but I think Asus has a better BIOS and overclocks better.

i5-8600K -  Asus Strix Z370E - Asus GTX 1060 Strix - EVGA 650W P2 - Samsung 970 Pro 500GB - G.Skill TridentZ 16GB

I just ordered the Krait gaming 3x, and 6700k.

I was leaning towards Asus but kept hearing CS horror stories.

My SIL is in Data recovery and he recommended the MSI boards.

If you go to newegg and tab the compare box for those MBs it wil pull all 3 up at once with each characteristic of the MBs shown so you can just look across the page, thats is what I did before I settled on the Krait gaming 3x

edited to replace control woth compare

Edited by Rick458
replaced improper words (control with Compare)

3 hours ago, Rick458 said:

If you go to newegg and tab the compare box for those MBs it wil pull all 3 up at once with each characteristic of the MBs shown so you can just look across the page, thats is what I did before I settled on the Krait gaming 3x

edited to replace control woth compare

alright ill have a look