Peasant Station 4 Pro Killer

TJarsun

Hey guys, I've been looking the specs of the new PS4 and decided to find the same kind of hardware and see if you can build a PC for the same price.

Check it out: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/TJarsun/saved/PLkLkL You only need to add Keyboard and Mouse, or a Controller and Wifi dongle if you can't have an ethernet cable (You should use ethernet anyways...)

The CPU is the best Kabini out there for desktops: Athlon 5350. 4 cores, ~2 ghz. Kabini is based on the same "Jaguar" lineup as the PS4 and XBox one CPUs and they are CHEAP and really low power.

this is the bottleneck of this build, but given the price it was a sacrifice to be made.

The GPU is the closest one in performance to the one in the PS4: RX 460. it has over 2 TFLOPS so it is not more raw power than the PS4, I choose a model with 4 GB of RAM because the PS4 have 8 gb of memory, but for less than 100 bucks more you can get an RX 470 and that is a beast of a GPU!

Mobo and RAM is as cheap as you can get (using well known brands). 8 GB of RAM is enough for gaming but you can add an extra stick for cheap if you want 16 GBs

Storage: 120 GB SSD for OS and most used software and 1TB HDD for all the other stuff. You can save money by omiting the HDD or use just a bigger SSD but I included both because I would NOT recommend building a PC without a SSD.. the difference it makes on everyday use is just night and day!

Case/PSU: I went for a case capable of giving some options with the GPU and also capable of using a regular sized PSU, just for some future-proofing.

Problems with this build: As said earlier the CPU is the only thing that would bottleneck on some demanding games. And as it's the top of the range you can not upgrade it without changing the whole platform, but for $400 you get a nice PC for "studying" AND can game on it.

If you can stretch to $500 some extra 8GB of RAM and an RX470 (changing the case to an Elite 130 so it fits) is a better build but you still have the same bottleneck.

Starting at $600 you can get a great build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/TJarsun/saved/gcf7P6 switch to Intel's newest platform, can get a better CPU and more RAM in the future and max out games on 1080p easily!

LianLi A71F Fulltower - i7 3770k delided + Corsair H60 - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb @2133 Mhz - Sabertooth Z77 - Asrock Vega 56 - Asus Xonar Essence STX - Creative SoundBlaster Omni - 2x Corsair Force GT 120 Gb - 2x WD Green 2 Tb - 1x WD Blue 2 Tb - Corsair K70 w/ Red switches - Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

For your $600 build I would switch to 8GB of RAM and upgrade to an RX 480, much better performance since 16GB is negligible at this point.

You could still fit that GPU into a Node 202, I would get the Node becuase it looks more console-like.

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |