Advice needed for a build purely for photography and related purposes

methodG

Hello all,

A bit new to the forum.

So my story goes: My dad is a professional photographer. About some days back, his computer motherboard malfunctioned and GIGABYTE didn't really care about it. So I sold off the remaining parts to put forward a new DDR4 build for him. I am just left here with opting for a CPU, motherboard, RAM and PSU along with the case. I do have some components that I bought for my planned build, but since it's a priority to get his system back on and running, whatever I had so far would be moved to his build. 

Currency format: INR(Indian rupees) 

Budget? 50,000₹ (US$= approx. 750$) 

What do I already have: 

• Corsair H110i GTX 
  • Samsung 850 PRO 256GB 
  • WD 2TB Black
  • Asus 24D3ST DVD-writer
  • Asus strix GTX 980(will move it to his build due to poor re-sale value here) 
  • Dell Utrasharp U2715H display.

What I need: 

• An Intel CPU
  • Compatible motherboard
  • RAMs
  • Power supply
  • Cabinet

Forgot to mention: He only makes use of Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop along with Adobe reader and photo ninja. Except that there's Microsoft Office suite along with Nero for burning DVDs if required and nothing else. Apart from that, nothing that he makes use of. 

I already have a display and other peripherals. So whatever budget that's mentioned would be spent only for the required components. 

What I can tell you, is that we can import parts from the USA except the case(pref. BH or Amazon). I just want the best choices of components for 750$.

If I have to import parts from the USA, I would definitely prefer Corsair for RAMs and PSU since they offer international warranty I heard. Correct me if am wrong. 

Just now, lh99 said:

wich camera does he use?

He is currently on Nikon D4 and D800. 

14 minutes ago, methodG said:

Id probably go 6700k and a z170A(idk prices in your area. Lightroom and photoshop like single threaded performances. I don't know about prices in your area.

For ram, id get 2x16gb ddr4. Idk about prices, just get the cheapest. 

For psu, 500w should be enough, so just get one that from a good brand

Case is up to you. I like the fractal define series.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id probably go 6700k and a z170A(idk prices in your area. Lightroom and photoshop like single threaded performances. I don't know about prices in your area.

For ram, id get 2x16gb ddr4. Idk about prices, just get the cheapest. 

For psu, 500w should be enough, so just get one that from a good brand

Case is up to you. I like the fractal define series.

6700k is like 450$ here. And the Z170A is around 200$. RAMs are around 100$ a stick(16GB). Fractal design don't market cases here in my country.  500w and 600w PSUs are costing the same here. Around 60$. 

12 hours ago, methodG said:

6700k is like 450$ here. And the Z170A is around 200$. RAMs are around 100$ a stick(16GB). Fractal design don't market cases here in my country.  500w and 600w PSUs are costing the same here. Around 60$. 

=> first of all, no pc parts are not that expensive, yes they are expensive in india but not that much ..... of you are quoting prices of amazon.in then this is true ....... but amazon.in is the last place you should  buy pc parts from ....... you live in banglore right , so there should be many big stores where you can buy parts from they will have quite cheaper prices then online ....  but still if you want to buy online then ....

primeabgb.com

mdcomputers.in

theitdepot.com 

are some of the good sites to buy pc parts from ...... 

12 hours ago, methodG said:

Hello all,

A bit new to the forum.

So my story goes: My dad is a professional photographer. About some days back, his computer motherboard malfunctioned and GIGABYTE didn't really care about it. So I sold off the remaining parts to put forward a new DDR4 build for him. I am just left here with opting for a CPU, motherboard, RAM and PSU along with the case. I do have some components that I bought for my planned build, but since it's a priority to get his system back on and running, whatever I had so far would be moved to his build. 

Currency format: INR(Indian rupees) 

Budget? 50,000₹ (US$= approx. 750$) 

What do I already have: 

• Corsair H110i GTX 
  • Samsung 850 PRO 256GB 
  • WD 2TB Black
  • Asus 24D3ST DVD-writer
  • Asus strix GTX 980(will move it to his build due to poor re-sale value here) 
  • Dell Utrasharp U2715H display.

What I need: 

• An Intel CPU
  • Compatible motherboard
  • RAMs
  • Power supply
  • Cabinet

Forgot to mention: He only makes use of Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop along with Adobe reader and photo ninja. Except that there's Microsoft Office suite along with Nero for burning DVDs if required and nothing else. Apart from that, nothing that he makes use of. 

I already have a display and other peripherals. So whatever budget that's mentioned would be spent only for the required components. 

What I can tell you, is that we can import parts from the USA except the case(pref. BH or Amazon). I just want the best choices of components for 750$.

If I have to import parts from the USA, I would definitely prefer Corsair for RAMs and PSU since they offer international warranty I heard. Correct me if am wrong. 

=> i don't know how much cheaper it will be to import from US ..... but whatever i have heard is that it's more or less the same ..... contact corsair, intel or whatever brand product you're purchasing that they provide international warranty or not but i hardly doubt that will be the case ........

for 50k this is you can get ......

1) CPU - i5 6600k 18.5k OR i7 6700 23k 

2) Motherboard - z170 12k OR if you go with i7 6700 then b150 motherboard 8k

3)Ram- 16gb dd4 (2x8gb) - 7k 

4)Psu - a good psu 550w 6k -7k

5) leaves you with 6-5k for cabinet which should be enough ....

GL building your pc.