IT guy's bs claims

CardinalHunter

This is gonna be a multi-bs stories thread so please follow this thread!!!

So this morning, when I was in my school's library, I was looking into AMD Vega and my classmate came up and claimed he's an IT guy(I'm sorry but all your claims are bullshit and you call yourself an IT guy) and he dropped a lot of claims regarding GPU'S, peripherals and blah blah blah... I'm just gonna list his claims one by one:

1. He said AMD Vega's shit and I should never get one(even though Vega isn't even out yet and everything about Vega is still speculation and rumors).
  2. He then went on to open up another tab and wanted to show me the images of Razer core and said Razer core's a really good product so he recommended me that product and claimed he had one of those (which imo is just an overpriced piece of junk) after he's done talking shit about AMD Vega.
  3. I then asked him if AMD Vega was bad what about Nvidia Volta and he said Nvidia Volta's not gonna be a new architecture but rather a project(which many website claim it's a new architecture but ok).
  4. He then said Nvidia's a Japanese brand (even though I'm certain it's not, none of its CEO is Japanese and the company itself is based in California) and Japanese stuff's always top tier. 
  5. I then said I was getting a Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum and he told me not to and said Logitech makes bad mice and their mice are always bad and he watched Linus's reviews on the g900 and said the mouse was shit and told me to get a razer deathadder and Razer peripherals. (even though Razer peripherals imo are mostly overpriced and not that great) 
  6. He told me it's not worth it to get a GTX1080(here's the most bullshit part) and I should just get a GTX750 SLI going which apparently offers the same performance and he plays all his current aaa games at 4k (WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT!?).
  7. When I talked about GTX750Ti being cheap, and was a lower-end refresh and he said it's an OC version of GTX750 and said "Why would I ever OC my stuff?"(OC'ing is fine OC'ing has been done for years now).

So have I been reading the wrong things or is this guy just straight lying? And please correct me if any of my answers to his questions are wrong.

Yes BS claims. Although I agree with him (partly) about the Razer blade, the new 2016 model with the 1060 is a nice small powerful laptop albeit a bit expensive. But thats what you get for going compact.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

If someone recommend razer, you know he knows shit ^^.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

3 minutes ago, Deli said:

xDxDxD

GTX750 Ti has no SLI finger.

ikr nvidia doesnt do sli on lower-end card

8 minutes ago, CardinalHunter said:

So have I been reading the wrong things or is this guy just straight lying? And please correct me if any of my answers to his questions are wrong.

People have a habit of taking their opinions as a fact because they're unable to accept multiple worldviews. For example, "Logitech suck and Razer mice are great" is an argument fanboys create to rule out the possibility of both products being good at the same time.

It's mostly young or immature minded individuals that do this type of thing. You seem partially there, but opening your mind to the possibilities by asking questions means you're not as lost as your friend there. Don't take everything you read as a "fact" and do the "I read this and heard that from a reviewer so it must be the 100% truth" spiel. It causes more problems and doesn't help anyone. :P

11 minutes ago, CardinalHunter said:

He told me it's not worth it to get a GTX1080(here's the most bullshit part) and I should just get a GTX750 SLI going which apparently offers the same performance(WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT!?).

GTX 750 SLI... That's interesting xD 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

12 minutes ago, CardinalHunter said:

So this morning, when I was in my school's library, I was looking into AMD Vega and my classmate came up and claimed he's an IT guy(I'm sorry but all your claims are bullshit and you call yourself an IT guy) and he dropped a lot of claims regarding GPU'S, peripherals and blah blah blah... I'm just gonna list his claims one by one:

1. He said AMD Vega's shit and I should never get one(even though Vega isn't even out yet and everything about Vega is still speculation and rumors).
  2. He then went on to open up another tab and wanted to show me the images of Razer core and said Razer core's a really good product so he recommended me that product and claimed he had one of those (which imo is just an overpriced piece of junk) after he's done talking shit about AMD Vega.
  3. I then asked him if AMD Vega was bad what about Nvidia Volta and he said Nvidia Volta's not gonna be a new architecture but rather a project(which many website claim it's a new architecture but ok).
  4. He then said Nvidia's a Japanese brand (even though I'm certain it's not, none of its CEO is Japanese and the company itself is based in California) and Japanese stuff's always top tier. 
  5. I then said I was getting a Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum and he told me not to and said Logitech makes bad mice and their mice are always bad and he watched Linus's reviews on the g900 and said the mouse was shit and told me to get a razer deathadder and Razer peripherals. (even though Razer peripherals imo are mostly overpriced and not that great) 
  6. He told me it's not worth it to get a GTX1080(here's the most bullshit part) and I should just get a GTX750 SLI going which apparently offers the same performance(WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT!?).

So I'll maybe clear his claims up:

1. Bullshit, we don't know what Vega is besides it being AMD's high-end response for Nvidia's Pascal and that some of the cards will feature new HBM2.

2. It is an overpriced piece of junk, it's better to simply buy a PC or a faster laptop if you need portability.

3. Volta is the next architecture that's gonna replace Pascal.

4. Nvidia is not Japanese.

5. G900 is good, Razer Deathadder is also decent, but both of them are not worth the money imo, just get G502 Spectrum and be happy with a great mouse.

6. I'm out of words here... He's retarded.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

9 minutes ago, Marine_Boy said:

GTX 750 SLI... That's interesting xD 

If the 750 Ti had an SLI finger, you know they'd be infinitely more popular than they are right now. :P 

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

17 minutes ago, Praesi said:

I never really liked the Razer keyboards, but I must say I'm highly pleased with the Deathadder.

2 minutes ago, Imglidinhere said:

If the 750 Ti had an SLI finger, you know they'd be infinitely more popular than they are right now. :P

Yep they would. I own 750Ti and I think it would be really nice if it would be SLI capable :) 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

I love NZXT as well <3

1 minute ago, Marine_Boy said:

Yep they would. I own 750Ti and I think it would be really nice if it would be SLI capable :) 

even if it's sli-capable the idea of 750Ti sli can be on par with the gtx 1080 is just absurd

20 minutes ago, Praesi said:

I own Razer BLACKWIDOW and Razer Mamba TE. And as far that I think that Mamba TE is not that great as I thought It would be I really like BLACKWIDOW. But world would be boring if everyone would like the same things :) 

I love NZXT as well <3

1 minute ago, CardinalHunter said:

even if it's sli-capable the idea of 750Ti sli can be on par with the gtx 1080 is just absurd

Totally agree! :D I laughed really hard at it :D 

I love NZXT as well <3

1 minute ago, Marine_Boy said:

Totally agree! :D I laughed really hard at it :D 

the thing is he said he had the 750Ti sli and he plays most aaa games at 4k at high settings does he not know his hardware

Just now, CardinalHunter said:

the thing is he said he had the 750Ti sli and he plays most aaa games at 4k at high settings does he not know his hardware

Maybe... ;) 

I love NZXT as well <3

Decided to make these!

DJvVZ2d.jpg

fGNGAj8.jpg

Seriously though, correct him. 

49 minutes ago, CardinalHunter said:

Won't be surprised if he has a 750m SLI laptop, that's possible!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

Decided to make these!

DJvVZ2d.jpg

Dbq1rQn.jpg

Seriously though, correct him. 

Won't be surprised if he has a 750m SLI laptop, that's possible!

lmao

quite amusing ^_^

May I interest you all in 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Follow him around, calling him a big fat phony and a liar.

Seriously though, everything he said was patently false.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Some people make things up to appear smart or interesting. I've seen it multiple times. I don't understand it but it's a thing. This is one of those cases. He saw what you were looking at and seems to know just enough to make up some bullshit. So I guess he wanted to impress you and appear superior by berating your knowledge and ideas. I don't know the end game of these people. Maybe he wanted you to look up to him and go to him for advice so that he can feel smart or maybe he just wanted you to feel stupid/bad/insecure. The worst part is that he succeeded (at least partially). It's good that you came here instead of believing the crap he spouted. Disaster averted :)

10 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Some people make things up to appear smart or interesting. I've seen it multiple times. I don't understand it but it's a thing. This is one of those cases. He saw what you were looking at and seems to know just enough to make up some bullshit. So I guess he wanted to impress you and appear superior by berating your knowledge and ideas. I don't know the end game of these people. Maybe he wanted you to look up to him and go to him for advice so that he can feel smart or maybe he just wanted you to feel stupid/bad/insecure. The worst part is that he succeeded (at least partially). It's good that you came here instead of believing the crap he spouted. Disaster averted :)

probes, when I asked to add him on my friends' list on facebook to possibly share some information and he said no(I was like why?)

37 minutes ago, CardinalHunter said:

lmao

Should have added this one as well (wasn't in the OP before). 

fGNGAj8.jpg

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

6 hours ago, CardinalHunter said:

6. He told me it's not worth it to get a GTX1080(here's the most bullshit part) and I should just get a GTX750 SLI going which apparently offers the same performance and he plays all his current aaa games at 4k (WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT!?).
  7. When I talked about GTX750Ti being cheap, and was a lower-end refresh and he said it's an OC version of GTX750 and said "Why would I ever OC my stuff?"(OC'ing is fine OC'ing has been done for years now).

I mean, if he considers Minesweeper AAA, probably.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W