Video Editor Upgrade

Hello I need an upgrade, I want to upgrade stuff over time so if you can tell me new parts I can add to my system now before I change the whole system that would be great. My budget is in between $1000-$2000. All I care about is performance looks not so much. Right now I have:

Cooler Master Elite 350 Case

MSI ms-7641 motherboard

AMD Phantom II x4 950 3.40Ghz (Stock cooler)

GTX Nvidia 640

16gb Vengeance memory (I have 2x4gb sticks unused)

3 HDD's 3TB drive (dying), 1TB (runs okay), 120gb (extra stoage)

So first things first. I need to be able to playback 4k clips with no problems. I also need to edit multiple cameras at once in my editing software Premiere. I need a good work SSD for my boot and working clips and another good mass storage HDD. I also need a new Motherboard (possibly quad channel), CPU, case, GPU, Blu-ray burner (optional), and something to cool the whole thing.

I'd like to start upgrading stuff now so I can get some sort of performance boost, I was thinking with starting off with a new SSD then Graphics Card, please let me know what I should do.

Thank you all!

I don't know i tried, I'm sure someone will critique it and give better pointers

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/njjygL
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/njjygL/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2620 V4 2.1GHz 8-Core Processor  ($407.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($118.17 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Asus X99-DELUXE/U3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($378.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($103.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($199.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Armor 2X Video Card  ($379.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 760T White ATX Full Tower Case  ($159.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Cooler Master V850 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($48.88 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1937.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-08 18:45 EDT-0400

-Lot of money for a case, just threw it in their it's cosmetic that's all up to you

-Psu isn't too cheap either, if the one you have works, hey throw it in there.

Any $$$ you can put towards your cpu would be great

-I put in a mediocre card tbh

Shipping sucks

1 minute ago, GSTARR said:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2620 V4 2.1GHz 8-Core Processor  ($407.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Id get a 6800k. Premiere like clock speed more than cores, also the the cores times clock is also higher on the 6800k.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id get a 6800k. Premiere like clock speed more than cores, also the the cores times clock is also higher on the 6800k.

Ah, I didn't know that.

I did see the 6800k, the price goes up 20$ more I believe. I think it was still within budget.

Shipping sucks

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What about the board though? that's alot of money i would think to spend on just an editing station but that's the one I have and idk i don't know what sort of mobo's work best for editing, basic ones or extreme..

Shipping sucks

3 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($118.17 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Asus X99-DELUXE/U3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($378.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($103.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($199.89 @ OutletPC)

Id personally get a cheaper cooler, or a nhd14/15.

Id get a cheaper board, like the x99-a

id get 32gb.

Is that a 200 dollar 120gb ssd? Id get a cheaper 240 for about 70 bucks.

Just now, GSTARR said:

What about the board though? that's alot of money i would think to spend on just an editing station but that's the one I have and idk i don't know what sort of mobo's work best for editing, basic ones or extreme..

Boards don't affect performance, no reason to go highend.

Hardware Canucks did a comparison between the 6700k and the 6800k, turns out premiere likes higher clocks rather than more cores

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.