Wanna buy speakers

Milos Sladic

Hi,

I wanna buy some speakers. :)

Usefull info:

• I have been reading about speakers for the last 2 days, so I am a noob who knows nothing when it comes to sound.
  • For the last 3 years I have been using build in monitor speakers, coz I like to keep things simple and didn't realy care about sound. I also use razer kraken pro headset when room silence is needed.
  • Speakers are for my PC and a goal is to have a great, powerfull sound when I listen to music, play video games or watch a movie (rarely).
  • Coz I like to keep things simple I thought about 2.0 system and I wanted to buy a pair of KRK ROKIT 6 G3.
  • My motherboard is ASUS Z97I-PLUS. I haven't thought about a budget yet, but it definitely wouldn't be above 400$.

Questions:

• Do I need a sound card?
  • Do I need an audio interface?
  • The best way to connect them? RCA to audio jack on mobo? XLR somehow? that one quarter thing? Optical S/PDIF out on mobo? usb port? what is all this... lol
  • Are those good speakers or I need something else?
  • Where do I put them? I will attach a photo of my desk and wall with possible locations.

Those are just some of the things I read about, so I only asked about them. ? Any help would be appreciated. I just wanna buy the best possible gear for my simple needs and connect them all the best way possible. Thank you. :) 

14075213_1398503983510534_389772732_o.jpg

Questions:

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

http://www.whathifi.com/kef/egg/review

http://kef.com/html/en/showroom/digital_music_solutions/egg/index.html

I use these as my daily speakers. They are a little expensive but create a full range of clear sound. They also kick some bass but you don't feel it like you would from a dedicated sub woofer. They connect using USB so no need for any extras, they also have a 3.5mm jack input and Bluetooth AptX. I highly recomend them to anyone and I spent months searching for the perfect all round desktop speakers.