First Nvidia & AMD Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DX12 Benchmark appeared

Mr_Troll
Just now, Pohernori said:

Video shows only the 1060 and 480. 

Irrelevant to what I am concerned about. 

what are your concern?!

980ti vs Fury X? same deal...both loose around 10 FPS from going to DX12.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

19 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

not actually a bug, it's a feature of the Nvidia drivers that forces Pascal cards out of concurrent async compute if the game tries to run it (because they can't) into context switching

Yeah once again NVidia is outed by how poor their DX12/Vulkan support really is. For AMD to move the entire playing field with low level API's was brilliant. 

2 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Yes they did...it's an AMD game.

Also, it's bullshit...Joker tested it with the latest AMD driver and the radeon card lost nearly 10 FPS by going with DX12 and so does the nvidia card, here:

Joker must have derped.

1 hour ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

AMD loose less performance by going to DX12...way to go. lol

I gain 10-15% FPS across the field from min to max fps.

20 hours ago, Hakugman said:

The whole DX 12 API is broken as hell atm, don't get your panties in a bunch. I could say that Microsoft should learn from Vulkan and get their game together because so far their marketing blargh is going down the hill. 

Nothing is broken about the API. It works just fine. NVidia's hardware and drivers on the other hand are broken almost beyond repair when it comes to concurrent (parallel) async compute. When even the drivers force disables it, for content switching instead, of course you will see degrading performance. Nvidia panicked and launched Pascal instead of Volta like the plan used to state. We know why now. They were caught of guard with these low level API's.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

12 minutes ago, Notional said:

I gain 10-15% FPS across the field from min to max fps.

well...why does the whole internet disagree with you this morning? :o

https://www.computerbase.de/2016-09/deus-ex-mankind-divided-dx12-benchmark/2/

Capture.png

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Yes they did...it's an AMD game.

Also, it's bullshit...Joker tested it with the latest AMD driver and the radeon card lost nearly 10 FPS by going with DX12 and so does the nvidia card, here:

Well Pcper and and Guru of 3D notice the AMD performance gains with Crimson 16.9.1 Dx12 driver

http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Tech/Adam-Jensen-gets-upgrade-and-so-does-your-AMD-Driver-DX12-Deus-Ex

37 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Why is there a pattern with AMD affiliated games always run like arse on PC and have piss poor multi GPU scaling?

Even the 670 and 780Ti aged so much better than their AMD equivalents.

AMD has shitty drivers that try to sabotage older cards. Exclusive black box features that shaft performance among other anti competitive practices.

Its no wonder they can't hold a candle to Nvidia's affordable flagship products.

Is..is this for real?

Oh wait, it's about Gameworks:P

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

what are your concern?!

980ti vs Fury X? same deal...both loose around 10 FPS from going to DX12.

Why are you bothered with what I'm concerned about?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Why are people so butt hurt that Nvidia loses fps with DX12. This isn't news guys, Nvidia tailores the their drivers for each game and since there is no driver out for Nvidia yet performance is gonna tank if the game has implemented any form of async. Recent  example is DOOM where if you check now with the latest drivers from Nvidia,  pascal cards gain substantial fps in Vulcan over previous drives. Not to mention that patch is still in beta and in the patch notes it states its having problems on few cards where performance digress. 

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting reports about this dx12 implementation....for now i chose to go with what Joker has shown in his video....purely because i can see it running with my own eyes and not just some chart on a website, plus i trust Joker and his testing methods.

Sure its only with a 1060 and a 480, but i suspect it will scale across the board.

I am confident with a bit of tweaking there will be around 10-15% gains on AMD cards and 5-10% on pascal....Maxwell er dunno about that, may aswell just stick with DX11.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

7 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

In the US it's actually the cheaper of the two (or was as of last week).

That's only true for the 1060 1050TI 3gb which is a weaker card and is more comparable to a 470 is to the 480.

4 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

That's only true for the 1060 3gb which is a weaker card and is more comparable to a 470 is to the 480.

It was also true for the 6/8gb variants. The cheapest (dual fan, non-reference) 1060s were cheaper than the cheapest (dual fan, non-reference) 480s. Since Pascal is mostly limited by voltages more than temps there really isn't any reason to buy a higher tier card (EVGA ACX, MSI 6GT, etc...) are all good.

I just check now, and they're priced basically the same. 

The cheapest 1060s: 

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/HN648d/msi-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-gaming-x-video-card-geforce-gtx-1060-6gt-oc

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/wz648d/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-d5-6g-video-card-gv-n1060d5-6gd

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/RJyxFT/pny-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-video-card-vcggtx10606pb

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/7RKhP6/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-windforce-oc-6g-video-card-gv-n1060wf2oc-6gd

The cheapest 480s: 

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/BZJkcf/powercolor-radeon-rx-480-8gb-red-devil-video-card-axrx-480-8gbd5-3dhoc

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/W34NnQ/gigabyte-radeon-rx-480-8gb-g1-gaming-video-card-gv-rx480g1-gaming-8gd

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

54 minutes ago, zMeul said:

source: http://techreport.com/review/30639/examining-early-directx-12-performance-in-deus-ex-mankind-divided/3

furyx.png

dx12furyx.png

rx480.png

dx12rx480.png

dx12-50.png

look at those frame times .. :|

AMD Gaming Evolved game, that supposes to paint AMD in a really good way comes and bites them in the arse xD

Just further proves how incompetent Nixxes has been at DX12. They really need to get their shit together. Game is more than half a year delayed, and they didn't even have DX12 at launch. Weeks later and and it's a poor beta. 

At least hawaii/grenada seems to perform good.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

57 minutes ago, zMeul said:

source: http://techreport.com/review/30639/examining-early-directx-12-performance-in-deus-ex-mankind-divided/3

furyx.png

dx12furyx.png

rx480.png

dx12rx480.png

dx12-50.png

look at those frame times .. :|

AMD Gaming Evolved game, that supposes to paint AMD in a really good way comes and bites them in the arse xD

Ouch. Sometimes FPS numbers are not what they mean.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

2 hours ago, Prysin said:

what ive been saying for almost a year. But aslong as Nvidia is ahead, nobody cares about the frame-times.

There is a reason site like PcPer, Euro Gamer  and others post frame times and other measure isn't there ?  I don't think it's fair generalising and saying no one cares about them as long as Nvidia is in the "lead".

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

7 hours ago, cesrai said:

There is a reason site like PcPer, Euro Gamer  and others post frame times and other measure isn't there ?  I don't think it's fair generalising and saying no one cares about them as long as Nvidia is in the "lead".

yes the reason is they cannot be bothered. It takes more time to test frame times aswell as FPS. And most reviewers are just too damn fucking lazy to do it. Or too dumb to understand how this kind of testing works and what the results mean.

My 390x beats a 980ti- didn't see that coming at all

xD

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero-RAM:HyperX Fury 8gb PSU: Corsair CX750M-GPU: MSI 390x 8g HDD:WD Green 1TB KEYBOARD: Rosewill RGB8-MOUSE: Corsair Gaming RGB M65