Updated Boinc and Folding BADGE Requirements

OK, so have been thinking about things and the current method of handing out badges to DC members is getting to complicated. There needs to be an easy method to calculate this, esp if I am away for a while and another mod needs to take over. 

So...

My one goal though is a method to award members who are active and contribute. Not those who simply "run it" for 5 minutes to qualify for a badge. But, once you get a badge and have shown some commitment to the LTT teams, should you lose your badge? I am now thinking no. You completed the requirements and you get a badge.

From now on - please PM a moderator once you meet one of the requirements with your Folding or BOINC ID to have your badge awarded/updated.

In order to be rewarded with the Folding @ Home badge, please note the following requirements. (subject to change)

• Contributor - When you have contributed more than 21 Work Units (WU), your will qualify for this badge, to show your commitment to LTT and the team. 
  • Bronze Contributor - When you have contributed more than 1 Million points, your will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious and continued support of the team.
  • Silver Contributor - When you have contributed more than 25 Million points, your will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources.
  • Gold Contributor - When you have contributed more than 100 Million points, your will qualify for this badge.. This reflects your dedication and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources. You are now a legend!

That's it. Once you hit one of the milestones, PM your Folding ID to one of the moderators who will update it in due time.

In order to be rewarded with the Boinc Team badge, please note the following requirements. (subject to change)

• Contributor - When you have contributed more than 25,000 points, your will qualify for this badge, to show your commitment to LTT and the team. 
  • Bronze Contributor - When you have contributed more than 1 Million points, your will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious and continued support of the team.
  • Silver Contributor - When you have contributed more than 25 Million points, your will qualify for this badge. This reflects your serious and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources.
  • Gold Contributor - When you have contributed more than 100 Million points, your will qualify for this badge.. This reflects your dedication and continued support of the team and your very generous donation of resources. You are now a legend!

That's it. Once you hit one of the milestones, PM your Boinc ID to one of the moderators who will update it in due time.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I am stuck on some really big WU's that are taking my DAYS to finish. Nice to know though :)

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&teamnum=223518&username=Megadarkwood

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I have 11 WUs. Fold at least once a week, usually during the WAN Show. I have 104k points. I can respect the new requirements. I'm sure lots of forum members fold once and get bored. Who knows what they were expecting. Looks like I have 10 weeks at least to get the minimum badge, and yet, I felt accomplished for being ranked top 400 for our team. Uh..soo...I guess I'll fold now.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

cool, sorting out the original list was a bit of a pain :P

(at least the first one where you had to be active in the past month)

will the hero rank requirements stay the same?

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Cool

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Cool

Cool

Post farming much? :P

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

In case this ever comes up to bite me in the butt, the reason behind my outlier-ish 160 WUs is that they were a result of me trying to figure out which driver / SDK combination would allow me to fold core17s and... yeah, that happened. I've kept a log of all the WUs I've completed since I started and can happily send it over if needed (currently sitting at 50 WUs and 280K points).

+1 to the new requirements.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

nice :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Cool

But

My one goal though is a method to award members who are active and contribute. Not those who simply "run it" for 5 minutes to qualify for a badge. But, once you get a badge and have shown some commitment to the LTT teams, should you lose your badge? I am now thinking no. You completed the requirements and you get a badge.

Not sure how I feel about this.  I mean, if I stopped running Boinc (Boincing?) 2 months from now, I don't feel like I'd deserve to keep the badge.

But at the same time I understand, I mean I'm sure actively scanning for "inactive" members can be a real chore.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Bit of a noob at f@h, how do I tell if my ID on that is the same as on here?

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

Just need to get my new cards.... :P

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

i approve this message!, especially the part about custom designs sounds pretty awesome :P

Okay...I got to go crazy on folding so I make the cut lol

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Bit of a noob at f@h, how do I tell if my ID on that is the same as on here?

It will show in your f@h client what your ID name and team number are, if you open it in advanced mode you will be able to see it. I've marked it here in red :)

SXLvaFz.jpg

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

It will show in your f@h client what your ID name and team number are, if you open it in advanced mode you will be able to see it. I've marked it here in red :)

SXLvaFz.jpg

Okay it is :D Thanks you so much!

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

Okay it is :D Thanks you so much!

No worry's mate :)

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

Lots of people have and don't have a badge. Mods are busy. You'll prob get it eventually just like the rest of us. 

further to this, I am going to speak with the graphics designer and possibly have some custom badges created, to award those VERY committed members. :) This will help distinguish YOU from the rest.

Well, I have more completed WU's than you, am I special?

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

cool, sorting out the original list was a bit of a pain :P

(at least the first one where you had to be active in the past month)

will the hero rank requirements stay the same?

Hero rank won't really apply - as once you get it you don't lose it - but thinking of some numbers, for save a custom Bronze, Silver, Gold version or something...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Cool

But

Not sure how I feel about this.  I mean, if I stopped running Boinc (Boincing?) 2 months from now, I don't feel like I'd deserve to keep the badge.

But at the same time I understand, I mean I'm sure actively scanning for "inactive" members can be a real chore.

Scanning for the "inactive" ones is a real chore - as most of the stat sites only track say a week or a month. I would need to maintain my own spreadsheet. Then there is the issue of going back and pulling badges. And then you decide to start again.

The main thing about the badges for these - as a member, have to be attainable, and I think they are, and as the team lead / mod, have to be manageable, which they were not. :)

when are badges being updated? I fold over 21 wu/wk, so.....

Ya ya - someone's busy over here. :) WoT tournament this week don't ya know. And NVidia gave us all of one day warning. :)