PCCaseGear How good is it really? (Australia)

Go to solution Solved by Serbian_Souljah,

Well nothing but good feedback for PCCG, Just have to be carefull of pricing as other stores can be cheaper. Also looking at their range it is alot better than other stores in australia.

Thankyou to everyone who replied :D

Hi guys, I'm seeking a little bit of info on Your pccasegear experiences, I live in west Melbourne and i currently shop at Centrecom (Sunshine) and MSY (Brooklyn/Altona). I would love to know if PCCaseGear is really worth shopping at and are the prices any better (Including Postage)?

I'm Planning on building a new Mini ITX or Micro ATX Linux Mint PC, Budget of around $250. I'm not asking for build advice just about PCCaseGear and their sevice. I just need some advice because i have never used an online PC Store i generally buy parts over the counter.

Any help is much appreciated.

PcCaseGear is the only store i shop through.

Biggest range of products in AU.

Cheap shipping & excellent service.

No idea why anyone even considers MSY or other retailers.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

You live in West Melbourne?

So do I, please, go to MSY just north of Altona.

I feel that pccasegear overcharges by the shit-tonne, as it is cheaper to buy+ship overseas on several products I've bought before.

Seriously though, doesn't get better than MSY in Melbourne.

considering they gave me a samsung evo ssd when i ordered a normal samsung ssd which was 30 bucks cheaper at the time i think they are amazing haha. But nah they are super reliable, ship very fast and are nice guys!. Watch the stock however

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

The dudes at pccg are awesome! just imagine a whole bunch of friendly Aussie bloaks who crave PC hardware. Super supportive, they'll carry heavy stuff to the car for your mum, the whole 9 yards. 

I used to lurk their facebook page like a forum before this site came along and some pretty cool shit happens there :)

I can't hold a decent conversation or get an answer to a question from the dudes at my local MSY (cheltenham). They either can't speak a word of English or are completely introverted. PCCG is the opposite. 

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

The best shops in Aus are: Mwave, PCCG, Umart and MSY. PCCG has the best website but sometimes the other 3 can be cheaper, especially if you pick it up. Also Umart is good as you can order parts online (cheaper then in store price) then pick it up (you get a discount and don't have to pay for shipping). Mwave has good deals on it though, so watch it.

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

The dudes at pccg are awesome! just imagine a whole bunch of friendly Aussie bloaks who crave PC hardware. Super supportive, they'll carry heavy stuff to the car for your mum, the whole 9 yards. 

I used to lurk their facebook page like a forum before this site came along and some pretty cool shit happens there :)

I can't hold a decent conversation or get an answer to a question from the dudes at my local MSY (cheltenham). They either can't speak a word of English or are completely introverted. PCCG is the opposite.

+1

I get a majority of my watercooling and modding gear from PCCG, have never had a problem with their service and they've always had fast delivery (Usually arrives within 2 days, 3 tops). The rest of my WCing I get from TheKoolRoom or GAMMODS.

The majority of my hardware I pick up from stores here in Sydney as it saves on shipping. 

Customer service at PCCG is top notch, can't say that about some *cough* MSY *cough*. If they have something you need and it's listed and priced similar to one of the other retailers, I'd go there. Once you put in your order, there should be an option to pick it up in person from their storefront and that'll save on shipping.

Unfortunately I live in Sydney and have been asking for a Sydney PCCG for ages, still crossing my fingers.

I've had experiences with MSY, CentreCom and PCCG and to be honest, PCCG are both the best and the worst. My most recent experience was when I went in there about two weeks ago to pick up a couple of things. I was in there for about 20 minutes, possibly longer while 3 other customers were being served. The biggest problem they have is that they don't have an official retail outlet. It's more just a counter where you collect things. They can't edit orders to remove things. With that being said, I don't see any issues with shopping with them online. I just choose to go and pick stuff up because I'm only about 10 minutes from them. 

Thanks for the info guys, I think i might start shopping at Pccg from now on. But mainly for the stuff i can't get locally or if they have a huge sale. I'll see how it goes. I will agree that some local stores have mediocre service but they are dirt cheap, they are the store where you go in and get what you want and walk out no friendly chit chat.

PCCG is the only place I shop at. Customer service is amazing and fast. Shipping is fast.

I feel that pccasegear overcharges by the shit-tonne, as it is cheaper to buy+ship overseas on several products I've bought before.

Pretty sure there's a 10% tax on imported things so of-course it would be cheaper to get things overseas <$1000

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

Yep PCCG have the widest range of stuff in Australia.

The other shops I buy from are computer alliance, umart, and msy.

I don't always buy stuff from PCCG because I have to have it shipped to where I am and thus I could probably get it cheaper in my city. But, with that being said, most of the time my city has nothing so I end up buying it from PCCG or somewhere in America.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

PCCG are awesome. their shipping can be shitty when ordering one small thing. like 13 bucks shipping for a $8 zalman clip on mic.

but otherwise they are tops. i have had like 5 or 6 warranty claims thru them and they always go above and beyond to get it done fast and trouble free.

and the bubble wrap, oh the bubble wrap!!

If ur hell bent on X, dont ask for X vs Y suggestions

They're bloody good. usually the best prices compared to the competition.
I used to always price match, but only once out of countless sales have found a competitor to be better (my ssd) 

warranty and DoA's are greatly managed too. well worth the use.
I've spent over 3.7k on them and have 2.4 k left to spend this year.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I use CPL, their service has been awesome, never an issue and that is important because they are 40 minute drive from me, as are MSY.  If their courier used aus post as the drop off point I'd never use anyone else.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

PCCG is good. Prices are comparable to MSY/CPL for the most part and customer service is good. They also pick up their phones! My only gripe with them is the fact that they don't have a retail store but only a pick up point. The time for them to collect your stuff from their warehouse and give it to you also depends on how many customers are picking up their stuff. But since you're looking at postage I guess that doesn't apply to you. Havn't heard anything but good feedback about their postage . Although depending on what you're getting, it may just be better to head to the closest MSY/CPL etc... and grab from them since if I remember correctly postage for small and cheap things is relatively pricey.

I use them occasionally.

I alternate between them and ComputerAlliance in brisbane.

Only issue i've ever had with them was a PSU was DOA, sorted the whole thing out and refunded within a few days.

I buy from PCCG mostly, but will always check Mwave for pricings. Mwave is good but PCCG usually has level or lower pricing, and i don't like how MWave artificially makes their prices seem lower then they are , Eg for a r9 280x atm they say 
$399.00Don't Pay $499.00

​Thats blatant false marketing

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Wut?

How???

I've heard people doing that.. And I've been planning to do it that way (buy + ship overseas)

I got to agree with you, if I buy PC parts on PCCG store it would cost at least $2400AUD, on Amazon(US) around  ~$1900AUD

What shipping company do you use? and the website you purchase stuff from? Does Amazon work? Will the item get damage?

Sorry for the questions...

I'm really desperate.

Please? :(

I'm going to think about a reward

Mostly likely a game :P

Welcome to my profile!
There's nothing much to see, but I have provided my birthday.
Hope you'll remember my Birthday xD

Wut?

How???

I've heard people doing that.. And I've been planning to do it that way (buy + ship overseas)

I got to agree with you, if I buy PC parts on PCCG store it would cost at least $2400AUD, on Amazon(US) around  ~$1900AUD

What shipping company do you use? and the website you purchase stuff from? Does Amazon work? Will the item get damage?

I'm really desperate.

To use amazon you need to ship to an american address, then get it shipped to australia. There is services that can do this but i reckon the savings are not worth the risk.

Well nothing but good feedback for PCCG, Just have to be carefull of pricing as other stores can be cheaper. Also looking at their range it is alot better than other stores in australia.

Thankyou to everyone who replied :D

Wut?

How???

I'm really desperate.

Very rarely do amazon deliveries get damaged unless you use third party shipping.

I don't post here for rewards, if that game reward was directed at me, keep it for yourself. :)

I use what is called a 'parcel forwarder'

I use Shipito, though I've heard MYUS are good too.

A while ago on whirlpool, there was several bad reviews about comGateway, so I would go with either of the two above.

To use amazon you need to ship to an american address, then get it shipped to australia. There is services that can do this but i reckon the savings are not worth the risk.

Yeah, I know how it works

Maybe, I might take the risk, I'll make the cheap parts go first xD

You said "as it is cheaper to buy+ship overseas on several products I've bought before."

How did you manage to do it? Website? Shipping company?

Welcome to my profile!

Very rarely do amazon deliveries get damaged unless you use third party shipping.

I don't post here for rewards, if that game reward was directed at me, keep it for yourself. :)

I use what is called a 'parcel forwarder'

I use Shipito, though I've heard MYUS are good too.

A while ago on whirlpool, there was several bad reviews about comGateway, so I would go with either of the two above.

AWESOME!

This is the answer!

I might have saved a lot of money by doing buy+ship overseas

How much did the shipping cost getting it from US to Australia (Melbourne)?

You said "Very rarely do Amazon deliveries get damaged unless you use third party shipping."

Did that happened to you? What was the damage like?

And yeah, the game was reward it to you, but sure I'll save it (don't have the game yet :P) But I'll remember you. xD

Welcome to my profile!

AWESOME!

This is the answer!

I might have saved a lot of money by doing buy+ship overseas

How much did the shipping cost getting it from US to Australia (Melbourne)?

You said "Very rarely do Amazon deliveries get damaged unless you use third party shipping."

Did that happened to you? What was the damage like?

And yeah, the game was reward it to you, but sure I'll save it (don't have the game yet :P) But I'll remember you. xD

2x 7850's cost me $72.75, but I saved $140 on the actual price of the gpu's so I still made a ~$70 saving. It took 3 days to get here (minus the time the shop took to initially send it in the first place.).

2x 7850's cost me $72.75, but I saved $140 on the actual price of the gpu's so I still made a ~$70 saving. It took 3 days to get here (minus the time the shop took to initially send it in the first place.).

Huh,

I played around with the shipping calculator on "shipito" and "MYUS"

The shipping price I checked was around $100 plus...

I'm sorry to everyone if this comment isn't a part of this topic

Welcome to my profile!