What New Monitors To Get

Poohy14
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

i wouldnt buy a dell pc or laptop (seen too many die), but i'll most likeley never buy anything but a dell monitor again.

on my 5th dell monitor (3x u2312hm, 1x p2312h, 1x u2713hm) and really happy with everyone of them.

great stands, build quality, warranty and picture. worth the few extra dollars imo.

my personal experiecnce, hope it was of some help

With Dell laptops, it's business Latitude or Precision laptops, or nothing. Like the monitors, they comes with 3 year warranty + 3 year next business day on site service, meaning if something breaks, they come at your place, next business day, at the time you want, to fix it in front of you, and you get to make sure that the problem is really fixed, and you always have the system with you. They offer this, because they know it won't break. The business systems cost a premium price, but the build quality is higher compared to home, after sale service, and tech support is better, in addition, they come fairly junk free (like just Office trial, I think, and if you call to order, you can do special requests like: no junk, give me the OS disk, and driver disk (no recovery crap) etc). Also the systems have far better cooling with better fans (quieter, higher pressure, and pushes air better), and better heat-sinks, and well better engineering. Also, the system is OS independent. Meaning your keyboard special keys, including turning on/off the back light keyboard, screen brightness, ambient light sensor with control of the screen brightness, will all work on any OS.. no  driver needed, it's all done on the hardware, which is awesome. The proper way of doing it. Even HP doesn't do this for it's business class systems.

so since it is my birthday next monday on the 21st, i decided to buy a new monitor(s). Currently i have two HANNspree HF225 21.5" LCD monitors and a Vizio LED 21.5" TV as my main. So my question is what should i get, i was looking at a Dell, Acer, and X-star. I only have $350 USD to spend on them and i want to replace them all but money is the only problem. i will get either two Dell S2340M 23" IPS 1080P, two Acer H236H bid IPS 1080P, or one X-Star DP2710LED 27". I just want to know what everyone would do and which one to get and if you have another choice for a monitor let me know but i want something with a super small bezel like what is on the Dell and Acer monitors but don't want to go over the budget of $350 USD. I really want to keep a three monitor setup since i use all three for school and watch tv at the same time because i hat switching back and forth between pages just to look at something real quick.

HANNspree http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824262011

YHIaYbN.png

Dell http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260109

qTZ2gD8.png

Acer http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009483

I66ALSH.png

X-Star http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pixel-FREE-EXPRESS-X-STAR-DP2710LED-27-2560x1440-Samsung-PLS-Matte-/321135502506?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4ac52ae4aa

WuVA43w.png

my build is down with my signature so you can look to see if that 1440p monitor can play games with 2 monitors attached also

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

If your wanting to run the latest games and high/ultra setting your gpu won't be able to do it at 1440p

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

If your wanting to run the latest games and high/ultra setting your gpu won't be able to do it at 1440p

so which monitors do i get the Dell or Acer?? 

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

+1 for dell monitors

If ur hell bent on X, dont ask for X vs Y suggestions

go x star. At a higher resolution you won't even need to max your game to make it look good. You can basically turn AA off and gain a few frames since you won't need it at that resolution anyways.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

how about the brand new Dell P2314H or the P2414H. IPS 1080p (both), fully adjustable stand, non glossy, looks nice, has DVI, VGA and DisplayPort. No PWM back light (that is good), good actual response time, very low input lag (1ms, which is lower than even "gaming" monitors)

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_p2414h.htm

Has good reviews, and 3 year warranty.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&sku=320-9799

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&sku=320-9794

On special now!

Probably the dell is the best quality monitor 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

I personally like acer more

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I personally like acer more

why do you like Acer more?? try to go into detail if you can like personal experiences or something like that

Probably the dell is the best quality monitor 

why do you like Dell more?? try to go into detail if you can like personal experiences or something like that

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

why do you like Acer more?? try to go into detail if you can like personal experiences or something like that

why do you like Dell more?? try to go into detail if you can like personal experiences or something like that

I tend to have a lot of dell products break on me, I swear dell hates me or something :P

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

how about the brand new Dell P2314H or the P2414H. IPS 1080p (both), fully adjustable stand, non glossy, looks nice, has DVI, VGA and DisplayPort. No PWM back light (that is good), good actual response time, very low input lag (1ms, which is lower than even "gaming" monitors)

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_p2414h.htm

Has good reviews, and 3 year warranty.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&sku=320-9799

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&sku=320-9794

On special now!

is this the same model as those monitors you posted.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-P2314H-23-Inch-LED-Lit-warranty/dp/B00F0VJ7SU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381720149&sr=8-1&keywords=Dell+P2314H

But is there anything else that you would recommend that doesn't have all of the fancy things like i don't care if there is a glossy screen because my room is dark so you never see it reflect which i should of put in the description so everyone knew. I dont need it to pivot on its side, but i did like the display port on it but I do like that monitor but if i'm getting a 1080P monitor i want to try and get two of them but i might have to increase my budget a little for these if there is not anything else but i'm happy to see other options from you and provided feedback on them. Thank you  :)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

I tend to have a lot of dell products break on me, I swear dell hates me or something :P

ok i will take it with caution then because i never had a dell product because my gf got the Dell XPS 12 laptop a couple months ago and i love the screens on them so thats why i was looking at them, but i always hear good things about acer and will be the first time using them as well. Thank you for your input on this and helping me out on this tough decision i have to make.

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

Dell is better quality build, and better customer service with quick turn around on faulty products... 

I have acer laptop it is horrible

I have an old Dell monitor and its a strong build quality.

Also they lead the market in monitors (with Asus), its what they specialize in, there computers are average but monitors are outstanding 

is this the same model as those monitors you posted.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-P2314H-23-Inch-LED-Lit-warranty/dp/B00F0VJ7SU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381720149&sr=8-1&keywords=Dell+P2314H

But is there anything else that you would recommend that doesn't have all of the fancy things like i don't care if there is a glossy screen because my room is dark so you never see it reflect which i should of put in the description so everyone knew. I dont need it to pivot on its side, but i did like the display port on it but I do like that monitor but if i'm getting a 1080P monitor i want to try and get two of them but i might have to increase my budget a little for these if there is not anything else but i'm happy to see other options from you and provided feedback on them. Thank you  :)

Yes.

No. When you ask for decent monitor, you get a decent monitor, with a good warranty.

If you want glossy, you need to look at (ultra) budget market.

i wouldnt buy a dell pc or laptop (seen too many die), but i'll most likeley never buy anything but a dell monitor again.

on my 5th dell monitor (3x u2312hm, 1x p2312h, 1x u2713hm) and really happy with everyone of them.

great stands, build quality, warranty and picture. worth the few extra dollars imo.

With Dell laptops, it's business Latitude or Precision laptops, or nothing. Like the monitors, they comes with 3 year warranty + 3 year next business day on site service, meaning if something breaks, they come at your place, next business day, at the time you want, to fix it in front of you, and you get to make sure that the problem is really fixed, and you always have the system with you. They offer this, because they know it won't break. The business systems cost a premium price, but the build quality is higher compared to home, after sale service, and tech support is better, in addition, they come fairly junk free (like just Office trial, I think, and if you call to order, you can do special requests like: no junk, give me the OS disk, and driver disk (no recovery crap) etc). Also the systems have far better cooling with better fans (quieter, higher pressure, and pushes air better), and better heat-sinks, and well better engineering. Also, the system is OS independent. Meaning your keyboard special keys, including turning on/off the back light keyboard, screen brightness, ambient light sensor with control of the screen brightness, will all work on any OS.. no  driver needed, it's all done on the hardware, which is awesome. The proper way of doing it. Even HP doesn't do this for it's business class systems.

I would go with dell. Had great experience with dell over the years...(had like 4 of them)

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

With Dell laptops, it's business Latitude or Precision laptops, or nothing. Like the monitors, they comes with 3 year warranty + 3 year next business day on site service, meaning if something breaks, they come at your place, next business day, at the time you want, to fix it in front of you, and you get to make sure that the problem is really fixed, and you always have the system with you. This offer this, because they know it won't break. They cost a premium price, but the build quality is higher compared to home, after sale service, and tech support is better, in addition, they come fairly junk free (like just Office trial, I think, and if you call to order, you can do special requests like: no junk, give me the OS disk, and driver disk (no recovery crap) etc). Also the systems have far better cooling with better fans (quieter, higher pressure, and pushes air better), and better heat-sinks, and well better engineering. Also, the system is OS independent. Meaning your keyboard special keys, including turning on/off the back light keyboard, screen brightness, ambient light sensor with control of the screen brightness, will all work on any OS.. no  driver needed, it's all done on the hardware, which is awesome. The proper way of doing it. Even HP doesn't do this for it's business class systems.

had no idea they did that with their business laptops. all the ones ive seen die are consumer grade i spose and an alienware lol.

if their business stuff is warranted the same way the monitors are, then i will retract my statement with regard to their business line.

still stand firm on consumer grade stuff tho

thank you everyone for the great responses and it seems like i should go with the dell monitors and i will do a little more research on them to choose which one fits my needs better but again, thank you everyone for the great responses and feedback for this decision i have to make.

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler