Gtx 1060 6Gb Vs. 3Gb

PyroBlast13
Go to solution Solved by Praesi,

I would go for 6Gb, no Question about that.

So I was just looking on amazon at the current prices on graphics cards and noticed how there are two versions on a ZOTAC 1060 a 6Gb version and a 3Gb version which is almost 100$ less than the 6Gb. I'm wondering is there is any difference in speed and performance between the two and also if I need the 6Gb of Vram in the first place, I currently only play at 1080p and have to plans for anything more for now. 

3 minutes ago, PyroBlast13 said:

So I was just looking on amazon at the current prices on graphics cards and noticed how there are two versions on a ZOTAC 1060 a 6Gb version and a 3Gb version which is almost 100$ less than the 6Gb. I'm wondering is there is any difference in speed and performance between the two and also if I need the 6Gb of Vram in the first place, I currently only play at 1080p and have to plans for anything more for now. 

Some games at 1080p will use upwards of 4 GB like GTA V but the 3GB 1060 is slightly scaled back in performance. Think of it as a 1050ti while the 6GB is a 1060.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

5 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Some games at 1080p will use upwards of 4 GB like GTA V but the 3GB 1060 is slightly scaled back in performance. Think of it as a 1050ti while the 6GB is a 1060.

4 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Alright thanks guys really helps alot I think ill just wait a little bit for some of the cheaper 6Gb options to come back in stock.

1 minute ago, PyroBlast13 said:

Alright thanks guys really helps alot I think ill just wait a little bit for some of the cheaper 6Gb options to come back in stock.

Games like GTA and some other AAA Titles already can fill 6GB Vram. Soon anything below that will have a hard time if you want all the candy.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO