Microsoft Tech Support Scam Story

byalexandr

lol tech support scams..

I call those numbers to waste their time with memes and VMs

On 8/27/2016 at 3:17 AM, MrSheep110 said:

Not everyone knows that the numbers are scams. but all we have to do is make the skammers known and this will happen less.

This should be common sense, unfortunately a lot of people switch their brain off when they read the word virus.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 hours ago, theandrewhead said:

Similar experience here, Mums friend got a popup, called phone number, followed scam until they asked for money, she refused, so they just said something along the lines of "Call us back if you cant get it working yourself" before hanging up. They then, while still connected, changed her windows password remotely and logged her out of the machine so that she couldn't log in. I was tasked to fix it, so i ended up using the offline password changer tool on Hiren's Boot CD to remove the password entirely, before running over the OS several times with MBAM, and monitoring incoming/outgoing network connections with netstat to be absolutely sure the scammers didn't have a remote access backdoor that got installed along with their 'PC Repair' software

I just used DBan to wipe the drive completely and then reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 10.