No idea what is going on

ZaTrox
Go to solution Solved by ZaTrox,
32 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Try using HDMI or DP instead of adapters. Try to stay away from those.

my monitor have on'y have vga input, also i already resolved this problem by disabling internal gpu 

So i bought my sister a new sapphire rx 460 but i needed an adapter because it didn't have a VGA output (female), it was displayport (male) to vga (female) adapter, and my sister's monitor is Samsung Syncmaster 940BW. And after i connected everything to each other, my sister's monitor would have fu**ed up colours display and everything would look more like coloured pixels rather then an image/ picture. My sister's mobo is Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2, CPU Pentium G2030 (i know that it will bottleneck gpu but i will upgrade it in the future.

EDIT: everything is normal when i take gpu out

You need drivers for the GPU

Also what kind of adapter is it ?

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

26 minutes ago, ZaTrox said:

So i bought my sister a new sapphire rx 460 but i needed an adapter because it didn't have a VGA output (female), it was displayport (male) to vga (female) adapter, and my sister's monitor is Samsung Syncmaster 940BW. And after i connected everything to each other, my sister's monitor would have fu**ed up colours display and everything would look more like coloured pixels rather then an image/ picture. My sister's mobo is Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2, CPU Pentium G2030 (i know that it will bottleneck gpu but i will upgrade it in the future.

EDIT: everything is normal when i take gpu out

What kind of adapter is it and try updating drivers as Mihemine said and maybe try buying a new cable.

Or just try moving the cable around a bit to see if anything is happening.

I googled your monitor and it says that the only input it has is DVI not VGA so try buying a DVI cable.

58 minutes ago, dome3731 said:

I googled your monitor and it says that the only input it has is DVI not VGA so try buying a DVI cable.

no no no, it have VGA input, if that was DVI, my VGA cable wouldn't connect 

10 minutes ago, ZaTrox said:

also my sister have windows 8.1

Does your GPU have any outputs other than DP? If so then maybe try getting an adapter for them.

31 minutes ago, dome3731 said:

Does your GPU have any outputs other than DP? If so then maybe try getting an adapter for them.

yeah dvi, hdmi and dp, also i tried installing drivers and on the installation menu there was Windows 7/10 so maybe it doesn't support windows 8.1 ?

32 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Try using HDMI or DP instead of adapters. Try to stay away from those.

my monitor have on'y have vga input, also i already resolved this problem by disabling internal gpu