First Build Underway, Follow For Updates And To Help Me Plz

Here we go guys, the time of reckoning is almost here... My first build is about to be underway and I want to create this build log now so I can update you guys on the fly when I need help. Still though, I'm not 100% sure if this is the thread section where I post this kind of thing but what the heck (I have read the guidelines). I plan to just have updates on my build and ask for suggestions on here if I get enough people to follow. I'll be putting the parts together this weekend with my friend watching or some shit (he's never made a pc so I'l make sure he keeps his distance, but maybe he'll learn...I hope he doesn't see this...).

Anyway, here's a picture of the main components to my build:

20160825_200813.jpg

And here's the PcPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/xZwgtJ

PSU is way overkill, 650 watt will do it perfectly, even if you OC

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

5 hours ago, samiscool51 said:

PSU is way overkill, 650 watt will do it perfectly, even if you OC

think there was a reason for it in his first thread, anyway awesome to see this becoming something :D always love to see builds and i love to help out :) good luck with your build here, probably wont be much help seeing as i wont be home untill sunday :/ but if there are any problems im sure people will help you out as always :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Ok, so here is a rough example of my fan set up:

20160827_143016.jpg

This is what's going on:

• 8 fans at the bottom in a push/pull config for an EK-CoolStream PE 480 on the bottom.
  • 3: 140mm Corsair ML fans for exhaust on the top (of course the fans will be screwed inside the case, but this is just an example).
  • 3: 120mm Corsair pre-installed 900D intake fans in the front (I'm going to remove the bottom-most fan so I can fit the radiator.
  •  1: 140mm Corsair pre-installed 900D exhaust fan in the back.

Here's what's not shown but planned:

• An EK-XRES 250 Revo D5 PWM (incl. pump) will be installed next to the motherboard in between the cable holes. I think I'm going to have to drill my own holes into the metal because there isn't a set place for a radiator.
  • I'll probably move the drive bay up so I can easily route the hard tubing.
  • I'm also sure that some motherboard standoffs are going to have to be removed so I can drill the proper holes into the metal for the reservoir/pump combo.

My questions:

• Should I fill the radiator with some distilled water, shake it up, drain it, then repeat? Cause it was kind of dusty when I opened the box.
  • What's the first thing I should put into the case? I know the basics about putting the mobo on it's box then adding the CPU, Memory, and M.2 SSD then putting it in the case; but should I put in the PSU first so I can hook up to it with an anti-static strap while its off but connected to a search protector in it's outlet (thus creating a grounded connection).
  • Is my air flow good? In the top part of my case there are 2 intakes in the front. At the top there are 3 exhausts and another exhaust in the back. Will the bottom 8 fans count as intakes?

Any pointers?

Its always a good idea to flush the radiator before filling it with coolant. Afaik, tap water would do just fine.

I would suggest that you install the cpu, ram, M.2, and the cpu waterblock/cooler on the mobo before placing it in the case then install everything else. Though it would be fine to go with the mobo into the case first since its a huge case with a lot of space to work with.

I think the airflow is fine. The bottom fans, atleast how they're shown in the photo, would be considered intakes since the air blowing into the case.

About the Pump-Res combo, you can "hang" them above the cable holes on the right, so no need to remove any of the standoffs. The image below could be used as reference. :D

untitled.png

13 hours ago, PhpManilaBeer said:

Its always a good idea to flush the radiator before filling it with coolant. Afaik, tap water would do just fine.

I would suggest that you install the cpu, ram, M.2, and the cpu waterblock/cooler on the mobo before placing it in the case then install everything else. Though it would be fine to go with the mobo into the case first since its a huge case with a lot of space to work with.

I think the airflow is fine. The bottom fans, atleast how they're shown in the photo, would be considered intakes since the air blowing into the case.

About the Pump-Res combo, you can "hang" them above the cable holes on the right, so no need to remove any of the standoffs. The image below could be used as reference. :D

untitled.png

Hey dude, thanks for the help! I'm probably going to try and finish the electronic part of the PC and take it slow on the watercooling part. I'm glad I don't have to remove the standoffs; however, I can't seem to view the picture you sent. It just says "untitled.png" :( Could you possibly send it again or something?

21 hours ago, ASAP_Gooby said:

-snipity snip snip-

1: yes, flush your radiators

2: motherboard because litteraly everything is connected to it

3: airflow is good, im not an expert but it seems good to me :D 

also i have litteraly never cared about static discharge when building PCs, its so insainly rare to kill anything with it anyway. i just touch a pipe to a heater in some room and then go build :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Hey guys, I'm about to put everything on the motherboard then install it on the case and I noticed that my motherboard has some sort of rubber "foot" or something in place where a screw should go; this bit is only on the middle stand off:

20160903_123914.jpg

Should I remove this (I can't unscrew it) or is it ok to just leave there, I'm guessing this makes it easier to install the mobo.

1 hour ago, ASAP_Gooby said:

Snippy Snipiets

as long as it isn't in the wrong place, you're gucci

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

21 hours ago, ASAP_Gooby said:

Hey guys, I'm about to put everything on the motherboard then install it on the case and I noticed that my motherboard has some sort of rubber "foot" or something in place where a screw should go; this bit is only on the middle stand off:

Should I remove this (I can't unscrew it) or is it ok to just leave there, I'm guessing this makes it easier to install the mobo.

makes for one less screw you need to screw in :P 

Builds:

Spoiler