So I just found this...

Overkilled

The whole master race crap is stupid. I'm a gamer, and I like to think that each platform has its pros and cons and that I don't need to stick to one as if it is my only choice

Just now, r3d3mpt10n said:

The whole master race crap is stupid. I'm a gamer, and I like to think that each platform has its pros and cons and that I don't need to stick to one as if it is my only choice

Yes.

But consoles suck ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3 minutes ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

post this on /r/pcmasterrace

Done.

These comments are only from fan boys. Just like AMD v Nvidia. 

Consoles compete in different areas than PC's did at the time, now look at us using  HTPC's to have the features of an Xbox. 

IMO the console community has PC gaming beat in some aspects, but we beat them in others. Sure we have more powerful hardware, but the majority of people on Xbox have the same hardware. Meaning games can be optimized better because there's only 1 set of hardware. Where as the PC gaming community, has to just say this is the minimum spec of our game and optimize it up from there.  Making it harder for a game dev to make a game when the game has to be able to support all this different hardware. Which is why some games never leave early access, and others are just plain a mess from the beginning.

11 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

Probably 7 year old kid. I don't give too much attention to these types of comments =)

I dont even care a little, I just skip them :)

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

11 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

These comments are only from fan boys. Just like AMD v Nvidia. 

Consoles compete in different areas than PC's did at the time, now look at us using  HTPC's to have the features of an Xbox. 

IMO the console community has PC gaming beat in some aspects, but we beat them in others. Sure we have more powerful hardware, but the majority of people on Xbox have the same hardware. Meaning games can be optimized better because there's only 1 set of hardware. Where as the PC gaming community, has to just say this is the minimum spec of our game and optimize it up from there.  Making it harder for a game dev to make a game when the game has to be able to support all this different hardware. Which is why some games never leave early access, and others are just plain a mess from the beginning.

it's just like android and apple. apple has one set of hardware and software, so it's tailored to run as smooth as possible across all devices. whereas android, as much as i love their operating system, has TERRIBLE unity. there are different phones with different kinds of hardware and different versions of android, not to mention skinned android versions, and normally they run like crap. so it's just like that essentially.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I prefer PC for gaming, and consoles for hacking, modifying and using as appliances as they are designed to be small, powerful and good on power :)

34 minutes ago, r3d3mpt10n said:

Im sure the whole PC master race thing is a massive joke like Dihydrogen Monoxide. Its just so effective at trolling console players that its become such a huge meme.

Linus is my fetish.

49 minutes ago, terrytek said:

it's just like android and apple. apple has one set of hardware and software, so it's tailored to run as smooth as possible across all devices. whereas android, as much as i love their operating system, has TERRIBLE unity. there are different phones with different kinds of hardware and different versions of android, not to mention skinned android versions, and normally they run like crap. so it's just like that essentially.

Yep, diversity is what holds it back. 

But diversity is what allows people to be able to become PC gamers. I know not everyone can afford to spend 3000 bucks every few years on a PC. 

But just imagine IF everyone could afford 6950X's, 3 way Titan XP SLI, watercooled behemoths of PC's. Then games could be truly optimized and devs could focus more on making games better in terms of storyline and gameplay instead of working on trying to get this 10 year old potato spec PC to run the game.

1 hour ago, theninja35 said:

"even the wifi community will hate you."

Thanks for the laugh, this was funny. It makes me wonder if people are really this stupid, though.

No, but there's people who write such posts satirically in an effort to see who would be stupid enough to take it seriously...

46 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Im sure the whole PC master race thing is a massive joke like Dihydrogen Monoxide. Its just so effective at trolling console players that its become such a huge meme.

Apparently this is the origin of the term:

The term "Glorious PC Gaming Master Race" was first used by writer Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw in 2008, in the online gaming magazine The Escapist in which he video-reviewed the role-playing game The Witcher.[7] Croshaw explained that his initial intent in referencing Nazi Germany's master race ideology when he coined the term was to poke fun at an elitist attitude he perceived among some PC gamers at the time of the game's release:[8]

It was intended to be ironic, to illustrate what I perceived at the time to be an elitist attitude among a certain kind of PC gamer. People who invest in expensive gaming PCs and continually spend money to make sure the tech in their brightly-lit tower cases is up to date. Who actually prefer games that are temperamental to get running and that have complicated keyboard interfaces, just because it discourages new or 'casual' players who will in some way taint the entire community with their presence. I meant it as a dig

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_Master_Race

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

10 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Yep, diversity is what holds it back. 

But diversity is what allows people to be able to become PC gamers. I know not everyone can afford to spend 3000 bucks every few years on a PC. 

But just imagine IF everyone could afford 6950X's, 3 way Titan XP SLI, watercooled behemoths of PC's. Then games could be truly optimized and devs could focus more on making games better in terms of storyline and gameplay instead of working on trying to get this 10 year old potato spec PC to run the game.

yeah. i mean i can't even spend 200 on a new part, and yet these games are raising their minimum specs, and now i can't even play forza 6 apex on my pc because it's too weak apparently. it can game fine on low on gta 5.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D