the $7 smartwatch. does it suck?

Legolessed

i was gearbest thew other day when i came across a smartwatch that was $7. yes you heard me right. I ordered the smartwatch and crossed my fingers hoping it would even tell the time. The smartwatch arrived in the mail a good two weeks after i ordered it. The unboxing experience was excellent. The top of the box slides up and inside there is some white foam and the smartwatch in the center. It comes with the smartwatch, charging cable, and user manual. The smartwatch didnt come with any battery but i plugged it in for about 10 minutes and it was fully charged. When you turn it on there is this firework drawing and the words welcome with some peaceful music. On the main screen you have the battery symbol in the top corner, the time in the top half, and three apps in the bottom. Bluetooth, pedometer, and reminders. on the bottom bezel  of the smartwatch there are three touch buttons. the right one is to get to the apps screen and acts like a home button, the middle one is the dial button for phone calls, and the right button is the back button. on the sides of the watch you have your power button on the right side, your speaker on the left, your micro usb charging port on the left, and your microphone on the left. the watch itself is made of plastic and the band is made of rubber though is actually surprisingly comfortable. There is a metal buckle to keep the watch on your wrist as well. Now once you get to your apps screen you have a lot of apps pre-installed. You have bluetooth, phonebook, dialer, messages, calls, bt notice, bt music, bt camera, settings, anti lost, power save, tools, rest, drink water, pedometer, and sleep monitor, the touch screen is surprisingly accurate. you can set it to vibrate when you get a notification on your phone or ring too if you want. you have volume controls built into the watch. unfortunately it does not have a sim card slot or an app store but for the price you cant complain. Overall this watch was great for how much i spent and works very well. my only complaint is the battery life, but with that fast of a charge time you cant complain. 

where to buy the watch: http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_298188.html  

Can we get some pictures of the device?

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

Just now, W-L said:

lol don't really know what you would expect out of a 17$ watch lol

28 minutes ago, W-L said:

Different watch. Mine shipped from the Netherlands

28 minutes ago, IskanderEXC said:

lol don't really know what you would expect out of a 17$ watch lol

They are different watches lol. Also if the government wanted to hack into our devices there is nothing we could do to stop them anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

i prefer one of those older metallic watches. Its just mechanical and you change the battery every 2 years. It may be pricey but battery life is great, it feels great to wear and you can get one that has both calendar and time.

1 hour ago, System Error Message said:

i prefer one of those older metallic watches. Its just mechanical and you change the battery every 2 years. It may be pricey but battery life is great, it feels great to wear and you can get one that has both calendar and time.

battery life is a concern with this watch. i do have to charge it every night.

2 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

battery life is a concern with this watch. i do have to charge it every night.

So the reliable mechanical watches are being replaced by smart watches that you have to charge every night. What if you were travelling or in the dessert? Those metallic analog mechanical watches not only have great battery life but some have compass and other features too. No spyware to worry about as well.

So if these cheap smart watches have spyware from china and it monitors your health, whats to stop it from notifying others that you are dying and need help if it also monitors health?

Even those casio simple digital watches are much better too.

3 hours ago, System Error Message said:

So the reliable mechanical watches are being replaced by smart watches that you have to charge every night. What if you were travelling or in the dessert? Those metallic analog mechanical watches not only have great battery life but some have compass and other features too. No spyware to worry about as well.

So if these cheap smart watches have spyware from china and it monitors your health, whats to stop it from notifying others that you are dying and need help if it also monitors health?

Even those casio simple digital watches are much better too.

honestly i dont care what china is doing with my information because i have nothing to hide. To be honest they probably are looking at this message right now.

Nice review. Seems interesting and cheap enough to give it a shot.. I just know that I would not wear them after first few days as I would have no use for them and would be annoyed by charging them every day especially now when I finally got my dream smartphone which I charge only every 3-5 days depending on usage.

I wear classic digital watches every day though. I must have watches with the metal band only.. I am really annoyed with rubber or leather on my wrist. I dunno why.

On 17/09/2016 at 0:52 AM, System Error Message said:

What if you were travelling or in the dessert?

If I was travelling in the desert i doubt I would not take my bloody smartwatch

and im sure its pretty rare to randomly and suddenly find yourself in the middle of a desert 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii