Dropping CSGO, need new gaem

kol

So finally dropping CSGO and needing a new game to occupy myself with. Must be multiplayer and have a decent player base. Any MOBA suggestions will be ignored. ARMA 3 bores the shit out of me and so does any Survival games ie ARK or RUST.

I did delve into WoW (Nostalrius level 55 priest RIP) but after it was shut down I have no interest in re leveling (Not soon anyway).

Did consider getting an XBONE and playing HALO but i'm not sure if I want to suffer unless theres an option for using MandKB on the XBONE i'd maybe consider it.

What about Doom? 

I haven't jumped into it's MP yet, still working on the story. Kinda rushed thru my first playthrough, now I'm going back to get the missed collectables and secrets.

Play some story games then.  Any fallout, skyrim, Bioshock infinite.

Maybe zombies?  Cod WAW custom zombies.

The culling? 

Seems like you want a new shooter so CoD, Battlefield, Overwatch stuff like that should be good.  If you want to wait for the new CoD or BF, Evolve is now free and it's player base has skyrocketed. 

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

3 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

What about Doom? 

I haven't jumped into it's MP yet, still working on the story. Kinda rushed thru my first playthrough, now I'm going back to get the missed collectables and secrets.

How tf do you beat the mission where you need to jump up that core thing 

22 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

How tf do you beat the mission where you need to jump up that core thing 

I googled it. 

I tried and tried to do it and couldn't, so I cheated and googled on that thing only. My 2nd playthrough has always had some collectables guide up so I don't miss stuff. 

39 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

I googled it. 

I tried and tried to do it and couldn't, so I cheated and googled on that thing only. My 2nd playthrough has always had some collectables guide up so I don't miss stuff. 

I'm currently on that part. And have been for like 4 hours.

I've replaced CS with Overwatch for the time being. The community is equally as cancerous and the asking price is a bit high but I am enjoying it so far. I would also recommend Rocket League as I have found myself going back to that game quite a bit recently.

Doomsday: CPU : i5 6600k, GPU : MSI Gaming GTX 1070, RAM : 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400, MB : MSI Gaming M5 Z170A, Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU : EVGA SuperNova GS 550, Case : Phanteks Eclipse P400, CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i, Monitor : Acer 1440p60 / Asus 1080p60 OS Windows 10 Pro Audio : Sennheiser HD 598SE / SMSL SD-793-II / Blue Snowball Steam : Vlad the Inhaler

MMOs I can recommend will be The Secret World if you are interested in thinking and investigating or Blade and Soul if you want seriously skillful combat in a beautiful setting

20 hours ago, Gamessys said:

Seems like you want a new shooter so CoD, Battlefield, Overwatch stuff like that should be good.  If you want to wait for the new CoD or BF, Evolve is now free and it's player base has skyrocketed. 

6 hours ago, LordGrizzillaKreme said:

I've replaced CS with Overwatch for the time being. The community is equally as cancerous and the asking price is a bit high but I am enjoying it so far. I would also recommend Rocket League as I have found myself going back to that game quite a bit recently.

Thanks for the suggestions, I do have Overwatch just im alone playing it and teamwork is usually non existant.

8 hours ago, kol said:

Thanks for the suggestions, I do have Overwatch just im alone playing it and teamwork is usually non existant.

in a few week the 2nd season of competitive should start up, if your skilled enough you'll be placed in a bracket where people are there to win so they communicate and are willing to switch to whatever is needed to win. There's also some websites that you can use to find a group/team to play with, pretty sure reddit has one.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

You can try out Battlefield 4 to see how you like that and then transition into Battlefield 1 when it launches in a few months. 

14 hours ago, Ryoku said:

in a few week the 2nd season of competitive should start up, if your skilled enough you'll be placed in a bracket where people are there to win so they communicate and are willing to switch to whatever is needed to win. There's also some websites that you can use to find a group/team to play with, pretty sure reddit has one.

Yeah im rank 21 and a pretty decent Tracer (well in casual anyway, dropped a 50bomb one game) so might delve more into it.

11 minutes ago, kol said:

Yeah im rank 21 and a pretty decent Tracer (well in casual anyway, dropped a 50bomb one game) so might delve more into it.

Account lvl doesn't mean anything, it just tells everyone how much you've played which doesn't really translate to skill.  When the next competitive season starts after your placement games you be ranks 1-5000 every 500 is a different bracket, if your above average you'll likely place within the 3000 range.  Make sure you play more then just tracer, you need to be flexible and switch to other characters to effectively count the other team.  For instance if there's a good genji on the other team harassing your team and your a tank or dps it might be a good idea for you to switch to winston to counter him (keeping him off your squishy supports will help your team a lot) or if the other team has a pharah switching to soldier or mccree to shoot her out of the sky.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Overwatch is definetly something you should consider as a replacement for CSGO as people do actually want to communicate and win in competetive. However if OW doesnt float your boat another great game would be rocket league. It may look a bit goofy at first glance but that game has alot of depth and huge skill gaps+ 2v2 and 3v3 are the main game modes played competetively (big tourneys usually have just 3v3 tho) so if you can get 1 or 2 friends to buy RL youll have an even better time. Also theres nothing more satisfying than scoring an awesome aerial goal :D

"Give a man a mask and he will become his true self." -Oscar Wilde

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i5 6600k @ 3.5GHz GPU MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming RAM Kingston Fury 2x4GB DDR4 2666MHz PSU XFX 650W Storage Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, Kingston 128GB SSD OS Windows 10

On 8/22/2016 at 8:34 PM, kol said:

So finally dropping CSGO and needing a new game to occupy myself with. Must be multiplayer and have a decent player base. Any MOBA suggestions will be ignored. ARMA 3 bores the shit out of me and so does any Survival games ie ARK or RUST.

I did delve into WoW (Nostalrius level 55 priest RIP) but after it was shut down I have no interest in re leveling (Not soon anyway).

Did consider getting an XBONE and playing HALO but i'm not sure if I want to suffer unless theres an option for using MandKB on the XBONE i'd maybe consider it.

Get into fighting games. Community for most games never die. Highly competitive in the mp scene.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

4 hours ago, Scruffy90 said:

Get into fighting games. Community for most games never die. Highly competitive in the mp scene.

Tickled FG with SFIV and SFV and bought a fightstick. Just can't seem to get used to the stick. I could play with a pad I suppose.

13 minutes ago, kol said:

Tickled FG with SFIV and SFV and bought a fightstick. Just can't seem to get used to the stick. I could play with a pad I suppose.

Stick takes a lot of time and dedication. I played stick for the longest time and couldnt get used to it until I changed certain components. People think im crazy because I cant get used to an Octagonal gate and a Sawna stick. I play with a Happ stick and a circle gate, wihich people absolutely hate. There are a lot of high level pad players though, they dont use a 360 or ps3 controller though. Most use adapters to older controllers or they have the older Mad Katz fight pads (which were similar to the sega saturn controller)

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 hour ago, Scruffy90 said:

Stick takes a lot of time and dedication. I played stick for the longest time and couldnt get used to it until I changed certain components. People think im crazy because I cant get used to an Octagonal gate and a Sawna stick. I play with a Happ stick and a circle gate, wihich people absolutely hate. There are a lot of high level pad players though, they dont use a 360 or ps3 controller though. Most use adapters to older controllers or they have the older Mad Katz fight pads (which were similar to the sega saturn controller)

I use a stick with an octo gate and sanwa buttons. I did see a few pad players at EVO but as you said, not 360 or PS3 controllers. I might consider selling my stick and buying a fightpad and see how I get on. I've always enjoyed fighting games (since Tekken 2) but i've just never been good at it.