PC Online Community vs Xbox Live?

CC268

Hey guys,

This is probably a bit of an odd post, but I figure I would get some feedback. I built a really nice rig a while back (https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bcnnTW) and really enjoyed the building process. It was a lot of fun. Ironically I am not much of a gamer, but I always thought it would be fun to build a top of the line desktop. I have played a few games here and there (CS:GO, Witcher III which is incredible). However, I came from consoles (Xbox 360) and I kind of miss Xbox Live. I don't even own an Xbox anymore, but was thinking about picking up an Xbox One S (they are so cheap now a days anyways) to play games like Battlefield and Call of Duty on Xbox Live. I also haven't been playing enough to really get used to gaming with a mouse and keyboard. I keep thinking I should at least pickup an Xbox controller to use with some of these PC Games (like the Witcher III for instance). 

I was just wondering - how is the online community for games like Battlefield and Call of Duty on PC? Is it anything like Xbox Live? It seems a bit silly to have a desktop like mine and not use it, but I kind of miss the nostalgia of the war games on Live.

What are your guys' thoughts?

Thanks!

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

PC gaming is where it is at.  Things like Teamspeak are invaluable.

Once you get used to keyboard and mouse you won't want to go back.  I went all the way and I game with a trackball.

PC community in most games is fine (don't play mobas though if you want a good community) the only issue is the larger proportion of hackers in many games, CS:GO is a prime example of that for instance.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I guess I ought to spend the $ on Battlefield or Call of Duty and check out the online community myself - just doesn't seem like it will be as good as Live?

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

I try to avoid calling cheaters hackers.  Most of the cheaters out there don't have the skill to hack the game themselves and just use someone elses tools.

I found with call of duty, cheaters started showing up about three days after release and from there never seem to relent.

Cheating in general is easier on PC.  

2 minutes ago, CC268 said:

I guess I ought to spend the $60 on Battlefield or Call of Duty and check out the online community myself - just doesn't seem like it will be as good as Live?

I would grab battlefield 4 which is $5 right now.

Go play battlefield 4 on pc, it's 5€ ;)

You'll see more people communicating on pc though. Easier to type and people often have better mic than on consoles.

As other people say, I feel sorry for my friends who have to Skype on their laptops to communicate with each other when playing, because on pc we have TeamSpeak for low performance impact voice private communication.

World of Tanks online PC multi-player around the world game is good, if you are into that.

Realistic looking tanks.

I want to get into different games though.

I remember the old Quest games. If I can find them I will buy them.

Online community is great unless you play league.

Proud toxic league player here.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Xbox, PC, either way there will be teenaged dumbasses demanding to see my boobs and insisting I suck their cocks...

24 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Xbox, PC, either way there will be teenaged dumbasses demanding to see my boobs and insisting I suck their cocks...

Girl on internet=man. I don't want to see your man titties.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Just now, rrubberr said:

Haha, loving the blanket statements today. You sound really intelligent.

If it was a blanket statement I would have said 'They are all teenaged dumbasses' or something to that effect not 'there will be teenaged dumbasses'.  So it is no way a blanket statement, it's only a statement that a portion will be unpleasant.

But thank you for demonstrating poor reading comprehension and then questioning my intelligence in the same post.  The irony is not lost on me.

Just now, rrubberr said:

"I'm a 'gamer girl,' and that makes me so unique. I really like attention. People think I'm attractive online."

If that was my angle, I'd probably AT LEAST have an avatar on the forum.

4 hours ago, rrubberr said:

Haha, loving the blanket statements today. You sound really intelligent.

she isn't wrong though, I love destiny and there is always some 12 year old that thinks their way is the best way.

had one kid who thought it was funny to keep jumping at orxy on hard mode scream "go go pokeball". Which in turns means you're dead and 1 man down while also setting off the rounds.

damn that kid was annoying. They aren't all bad though had some decent enough wee ones on there.

We are at am age where gamers have grew up while kids now game so its very common to meet either group.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

19 hours ago, CC268 said:

I was just wondering - how is the online community for games like Battlefield and Call of Duty on PC? Is it anything like Xbox Live? It seems a bit silly to have a desktop like mine and not use it, but I kind of miss the nostalgia of the war games on Live.

Its salty ass people on Xbox live. There is usually more friendly people on PC. Except for CS, though thats because almost everyones PC can handle it so all the salty Xbox players play it

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

The way I see it is this,

Xbox Live: A paid subscription for online multiplayer with no flexibility and poor audio.

PC Multiplayer: Free, flexible online multiplayer with good audio.

Both: A community of people, a portion of which care less about the fun of the game and more about being irritating.

So, personally, I see Xbox Live as a negative for the Xbox. You won't get a better community, and you'll be paying money to have none of the benefits of a PC with no advantages in return.

On a side note, it's worth the effort to get used to M/KB.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

Stupid question but how the hell do you talk on the mic in Battlefield 4? Do you have to have teamspeak to talk?

7 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

she isn't wrong though, I love destiny and there is always some 12 year old that thinks their way is the best way.

had one kid who thought it was funny to keep jumping at orxy on hard mode scream "go go pokeball". Which in turns means you're dead and 1 man down while also setting off the rounds.

damn that kid was annoying. They aren't all bad though had some decent enough wee ones on there.

We are at am age where gamers have grew up while kids now game so its very common to meet either group.

Destiny? Why are you playing that pile of shit in the first place? What did you expect?

Just now, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

Destiny? Why are you playing that pile of shit in the first place? What did you expect?

Love that game so much, sure it annoys the hell out of me sometimes but when it goes right is a perfect mix of shooting and magic ^_^

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

22 hours ago, CC268 said:

Hey guys,

This is probably a bit of an odd post, but I figure I would get some feedback. I built a really nice rig a while back (https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bcnnTW) and really enjoyed the building process. It was a lot of fun. Ironically I am not much of a gamer, but I always thought it would be fun to build a top of the line desktop. I have played a few games here and there (CS:GO, Witcher III which is incredible). However, I came from consoles (Xbox 360) and I kind of miss Xbox Live. I don't even own an Xbox anymore, but was thinking about picking up an Xbox One S (they are so cheap now a days anyways) to play games like Battlefield and Call of Duty on Xbox Live. I also haven't been playing enough to really get used to gaming with a mouse and keyboard. I keep thinking I should at least pickup an Xbox controller to use with some of these PC Games (like the Witcher III for instance). 

What are your guys' thoughts?

Thanks!

Well the BF4 community on PC is alright. I didnt come along any kids or assholes and trolls. Unlike COD on Xbox Live.