What SSD brand should i get?

loepa
so i should probably get intel 330 120GB?

I'd say yes. SSD performance isn't really that different with real world uses, unless you are constantly working with large files and such.

Relevant image:

boottime_windows6.png

Intel's 520 series may not be the fastest but long term or after you have the drive more than half full it will still preform great and although they may cost a bit more sometimes you get what you pay for.

Fellow HyperX 3K'er here. Great performance.

LINUS TECH TIPS 2.0 !!!

Intel's 520 series may not be the fastest but long term or after you have the drive more than half full it will still preform great and although they may cost a bit more sometimes you get what you pay for.
thats it exactly and knowing intels testing policy the 520 series is going to last much longer than 5 years. my intel 520 series is deadly never had any problem with it also my M4 is also quite deadly although it is starting to look dated in benchmarks against the likes of the OCZ Vector but hell its in my laptop what can i expect :-)

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

your ssd's will most likely still be working by the time you upgrade your 120gb to a 2tb ssd. just get the best deal you can find. 120gb 840 seems to be a great deal. i have a 120gb vertex 3 as boot/program drive, everything is fast and smooooth. just get anything, as long as it is an ssd.

Give Other World Computing a Look.

http://eshop.macsales.com

Long warranty life and driven from the server and work station world so you get speed and very long life. Fastest drives I've found for incompressible reads and rights that is not a PCIe drive.

post-4435-13667860971971_thumb.jpg

I have a Corsair Neutron GTX, super fast and also has a 5 year warranty. However, it's really hard to go wrong with any of the big name companies. Go with what you feel is right.